Invitation JG26 Operation Cerberus HSFX 7.01 /SEOW Campaign

Dates, News and Comments
JG26_Badger
Beginner

Invitation JG26 Operation Cerberus HSFX 7.01 /SEOW Campaign

Post by JG26_Badger » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:31 pm

S! Fightin Irish
I wanted to introduce our squadron JG26 to you guys our squadron is based primarily in North America however we do have a few members that are in Europe. We fly HSFX and have been doing some SEOW campaigns recently. 1.JaVa_Jojo mentioned that your squadron might be interested in participating in a SEOW campaign. We are in the process of pilot registration for a new JG26 campaign Operation Cerberus Channel Dash 1942 and are interested in finding some Allied squadrons that might be interested in participating in this campaign. The 1.Java flew in our Battle of France Campaign and we had great fun and made a lot of friends.

Currently we are ready for pilot registration for our Operation Cerberus campaign. Times have yet to be determined but usually we fly two missions per week, one mission on the weekend usually Sundays and one on a weeknight Wed -Thur. We are looking to begin shortly and will have more information on the JG26 website. Currently we are now opening registration for pilots ideally we would try to get have at least 12-16 human pilots per side.

At this time we are taking pilot registration and all information on the campaign will be at everything will be at the JG26 website. Below is the link for the pilot registration. You probably need to register at the forum first if you want to post in the forum.

http://jg26.proboards.com/index.cgi

Hope to see you at our forum
S! JG26_Badger
Last edited by JG26_Badger on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Re: Invitation from JG26 Operation Cerberus HSFX/SEOW Campai

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:15 am

Belated greetings, Badger, and welcome to our boards! Very sorry we failed to respond sooner. That's not at all typical 'round here at all... just part oversight and part uncertainty, as we figured out after some discussion on TS earlier today.
Anyway, several of the boys are definitely interested in this, have visited your site once or more, and are giving it strong consideration. On my part, I had the impression it was still well out in the future until the JaVA guys set me straight.
Soooo, I expect you'll see at least a small contingent showing up in the registration before long. Not yet at all certain who & how many, but we sincerely & definitely thank you for your kind invite! Have heard nothing but outstanding stuff about JG26 and your past SEOW exploits. :-D
Really hoping I can find a way to fit it in more than just occasionally.

Hope to talk before long. All the best,
Blue2
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Wed May 15, 2013 12:52 am

I've put my name down.
1.JaVA_Jojo
Baby Boardie

Post by 1.JaVA_Jojo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:21 pm

First mission of the campaign will be sunday, june 2nd.

Read it all here: http://jg26.proboards.com/thread/2032/b ... -mission-1#

If you are registered and want to access the Allied HQ, you need a password: Sea Bass (mind the space!)

Hope to see some of you tomorrow @ 15.00hrs London time, or better, 20 minutes sooner because of brief
1.JaVA_Jojo
Baby Boardie

Post by 1.JaVA_Jojo » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:18 pm

First mission ran last Sunday UTC 15.00 =D]

It was a very entertaining one with lots of fighters and bombers.
The weather wasn't that bad after all.

You guys really should give it a try! :D

see here: http://71.88.61.228/SEOW/MP4public/Stat ... index.html
1.JaVA_Jojo
Baby Boardie

Post by 1.JaVA_Jojo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:50 pm

http://71.88.61.228/SEOW/MP4public/Stat ... istics.php

click on: Channel Dash Campaign (Bay of Biscay) to see the mission's results so far..(4 missions run)
JG26_Badger
Beginner

Post by JG26_Badger » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:22 pm

We suspended the campaign during the summer because we were awaiting the release of IL2 4.12 and HSFX 7, now that that has been released we are restarting the campaign since we have all of the correct AC, Beauforts, and Wellingtons we will be restarting in the near future. So on behalf of JG 26 we would like to invite you to participate in our upcoming SEOW campaign The Channel Dash 1942 Operation Cerberus. We are restarting our campaign using the newly released IL2 version 4.12.2 and HSFX 7.01 (or latest version)The game version we will be using in the campaign will be (IL2 1946v 4.12.2M) HSFX 7.0.1 Expert Mode Enabled.

If you are interested in participating in this campaign, please feel free to visit our forum and register for the campaign http://jg26.proboards.com/ Our goal is to have at least 8-16 human pilots per side per mission. Missions will be held either once or twice per week and mission length will be 120 minutes. The missions will be scheduled based upon when we can get the most participation within the limitiations of timezone differences.

S~JG26_Badger
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Re: Invitation JG26 Operation Cerberus HSFX 7.01 /SEOW Campa

Post by :FI:Mikester » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:01 am

Hi Badger

let us know what day you decide. Sunday may be the best day for some FI members. I think you could have 4-5 players that could join on a sunday. 3-4 on another day. Thursday is another possible day we could join.

I would like to try your campaign, see if I enjoy it. If I don't no point me playing :) but i'm happy to give it a go and i'm sure some of the other FI members would be the same.

I'm not sure what the time difference is, this could be a problem?
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:06 am

Good to see that 3 of you have already posted as "interested" on the JG26 forums; I just added myself to the list!

Since I also got 2 sorties in before they put this one on hold back in late June, let me put in a quick plug for it. I think it may really have some serious appeal for a several more of us. One 90 minute mission is flown each session, COOP style, full switch. Previously one was flown Sundays, ending about the normal FI Sunday start time, and one was flown on Thursday nights (for those west of the Atlantic). The first was always a day mission; Thursdays were the night mission on that same simulated day. I flew 2 Thursday missions. These are "bomber-centric" and involved each side sending multi-engined planes up primarily to hunt ships or defend them. (No single engine planes are flown at night, reflecting historical realities.)

Night flights over water were a navigational challenge at times, but SEOW features a radar capability. This is ideal if you can get it set up on a 2nd PC nearby. (I used my ancient laptop and it worked well.) This helps you keep track of both your own position and that of everyone else within radius of a friendly radar station - very cool stuff to see in action!

Badger and the others are a great bunch, very welcoming... and most of you know 1.JaVA_Jojo already. If you want to learn more like I did, they'll be happy to let you in on more of the workings of SEOW to the extent you of your interest.
I will caution you though: this isn't your typical "show up and fly" FI Sunday COOP mission. Treat it that way & you'll probably end up embarrassed, feeling a bit lost, and might even be a liability - all falling under the category of "poor form" when someone else has "invited you to the party." But that's all VERY easy to avoid.
Just get registered as Badger suggests, AND spend the few minutes required to read the brief set of rules: http://jg26.proboards.com/thread/1950/c ... tions-read
In fact, that rules thread is a good place to start - this was what initially intrigued me.
You'll also find the campaign skins linked there, as well as radio files specific to this campaign. (Radios and navigation are all enabled - AND you may well need to use them!)
Anyway that's my plug. Hope the schedule allows a bunch of us to join in!
1.JaVA_Jojo
Baby Boardie

Post by 1.JaVA_Jojo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:16 pm

MORE INFO Gentlemen!

http://jg26.proboards.com/thread/1951/s ... ign-closer

Enlist for this campaign guys..your comrades need YOU ! =D]
JG26_Badger
Beginner

Post by JG26_Badger » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:27 am

S!
Great to see you some guys in the campaign this weekend. Hope to see a few more join I think you all will enjoy it.

Happy Holidays

JG26_Badger