The ongoing JG42 war

Dates, News and Comments

Should we skip the Moscow and move over to the Bessarabia campaign as soon as possible?

Yeah, let's move immeadiately!
25%
Yeah, ... but give Moscow further two weeks before moving over!
6%
Naw, me loves Moscow! Let's fight there to the bitter end!
44%
Where da beer ... again?
25%

Total votes: 16
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Re: January 20th, 2013

Post by Nephris » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:39 pm

Is "random" the only other choice? I thought you could set DCG to fly something like say, 2, 3 or 4 missions per day,
You are right. You can define a start time, which will then move on in chronoligacal order the next missions, doesnt matter if the missions are 1/day or 5/day.
Just noticed that the DCG time is not the ingame time on a dogfight server, however that wont be in issue.

Checked the historical weather in 1942 at Moshaisk.... - 10 degrees...almost like here in Munich today times.But keep your comments comin´and we will take the majority wish.

I wasnt able to "land" just one kill ... so I payed the bill for Emse and Wolf this time :D . Yes, Wolf had a run last mission, he was surpirsed himself...even more that he didnt catch a flak shell. He is actually very liable to be the catcher for flak shells when flying in formation with him.

I am pretty sure these problems were due the wrong class.dcg file I used.
The ai planes were spawned on the map, but crashed directly on startup, means they started around 30m in the air and fell down with engine off.
I had that problem several yrs ago, I really hope I got it fixed now but I think so.
Didnt tried the recording function for now, but we will do on our thursdays training....well training is a bit too much said, of what we actually do :D

I am also a fan of being close as possible to history, but nevertheless a games balance weights a lot. Thats why we got atm late P40 and a Yak1b Early and P39 (which actually joined the war in reasonable numbers in late 1942) flying vs the Bf109F4. I dont want to make a Rata or Mig3 fight a Bf109F4.

I am still trying to find proper resupply rates of squadrons...as I dont intend to flood the map with overpowered fighters for that time. These should actually fly just in low numbers.
Since the Bf109F4 & F2 can carry bombs the BF109 E7 is just used if the F4/F2 got lost....kind of a dilemma, i am still facing ;) .

Well and Mr Black Death Armitage... is in our eyes just a war extender .... :lol:
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:14 pm

I thought I already posted it...but surprisingly I didnt....
If needed we can of course change the spawnplaces for planes.
Each plane at a spawnplace correlates with an AI squadron, stationed at that airfield.
Means if you got an AI Mig-3UD squadron at Istra Airfield, human pilot will be able to spawn in Mig3-UD at Istra,

Basically AI squadrons are redeployed by DCG. This depends on the distance to the front and the max flight distance in which DCG searches for targets for AI (whic hI set to 500km=max). Nevertheless we can redeploy squadron also by hand.
Up to now there was no need as the frontline barely moved and DCG did a good job.
If you prefer e.g. a certain plane in the southern sector but in the northern sector, plz tell me and I change it.
But note, once touched DCG doesnt take care anymore. Means if an airfield is overrun by the enemy before you redeployed the squadron you will loose that squadron and thus its plane you are able to spawn in.

Like, a P40 is manualy deployed at airfield Uvarovka, the enemy takes Uvarovka next mission, Red looses all P40 of that squadron. This is the reason why i didnt touch DCG squad deployment management up to now.
However, if you wish certain planes to be redeployed , tell me.
More than 3 squadron at airfields with taxi ways lead sometines to problems, more than 2 squadrons at airstrips (no taxi) can lead to problems. The distance to the front should be at least 2 locations off the front, for not getting overrun by surprise.
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:52 pm

Some of those IL2 airfields are a long way from the front!
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:00 pm

That's a good point Armitage, maybe we should consider some transfers. My problem is I can't recall where each of our planes are based - only some of them.

Nephris, is there some way we could see a list of this? Could you post it perhaps.... a list showing the airfield's grid location and the types currently based there, please? Then we can talk it over & let you know our choices, if any.
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Yes...
Here is a small excel file I made for my own overview.

edit: since the latest mission it is not completly valid anymore, plz check map in below post.
Last edited by Nephris on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:40 am

Hi folks,
what a blast this evening! Really enjoyed it again, I would love to play 3 missions/sunday but I suppose we would be too late for Europeans at the end.
Todays event ended on your end, good work =D] .
Red pushed the front again towards west at several Locations.
Your massed attack worked quiet well ;)

Looks like DCG time settings doesnt work properly anymore. I used 08:00h and we started at 11:00h.Second misison I used 07:00h and ingame we had 16:00h. So I didnt changed it back to annoy you ;) . Maybe I will change the time in future manually in the mis file before loading to keep fair sun positions.

The debriefing and stuff is updated again
(klick my Signature )

Intel Reports for next mission
Soviet forces are retreating from Yukhnov Airstrip (I-3).
Soviet forces are concentrated around Ruza Airfield (M-13).
German forces are concentrated around Ruza Airfield (M-13).
Reports indicate that there is intense fighting at Ruza Airfield (M-13).
Heavy fighting reported at Uvarovka Sukov (K-9).
Reports indicate that there is intense fighting at Iznoski Airstrip (J-5).
Heavy fighting reported at Yukhnov Airstrip (I-3).
Heavy fighting reported at Medyn Airfield (L-4).
Heavy fighting reported at Shakovskaya (K-15)

Next Date
Actually we would move on at next sunday 31.3, but at march 31st is Eastern
and I guess a lot of pilots will have family things to do or will have to search for big eggs.
I dont know if another day in the week would be an alterntive for you ?
Unwillingly I would neihter like to cancel the event, so lets cancel Eastern.
At the end I suggest
1. keep the event date on Eastern
2. move the event date within the week
3. cancel this sundays event and move on at sunday 7th april

Airfields and available planes at 24.03.2013

An Airfiled needs at least 2 Locations to the front (to the next different colored Location), to be spawn ready.

Ruza Airfield is still in battle and cannot be used.
Uvarovka Airfield needs one more red Location to the front
Medyn Airstrip needs one more red Location to the front
Volokolamsk Airfield needs one more red Location to the front
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:15 am

I did have an issue with my last attempted flight from Balabanovo Where the il2 spawned too close to a bomber to steer round it

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:54 pm

Noted.Will check to deactivate the static planes at Balabanovo.
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Are the stats updated? I shot down at least two 109s in my trusty IL2 last night but they are not listed in the stats?
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Yes it is. Your kills are confirmed in the last mission
http://www.oldhelmetz.com/DCG/doc/winte ... 203030.htm
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:01 am

Nephris I'm confused.

I thought were were using http://nephris.ath.cx/il2sc_stat/index.php for stats?

No update since 17th March.

So which site are we using ?

If the stats are causing a problem send me the files and I may be able to help.

E
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:40 pm

Nephris wrote: I adapted several new objects or renamed objects for the SC but it keeps counting buggy.
The most liable stats are still the single stats of each mission.
Ashame and we are also not satisfied with the situation, but we cant do anything atm, sorry.
I still do the single debriefings and stats for each mission we finished.
The single stats for each mission we flew since beginning are still in the same thread in our forums.
Here is the link to the refering thread translated by google

The stats page updated via Server Commander and by Mysql keeps counting unreliable rubbish.
Since 4.11.1 and mod the server commander is flooded with error messages.
As long as there is no relible way to count the complete stats I didnt bother any more for the server commander stats and removed the link a few weeks ago. Even adapting the data files the SC uses didnt help out.

Our own tool makes good progress and we r testing it already intern for all possible events tracked in the eventlog.Still we keep the eventlog of each played mission, to be read into the new tool as soon as it is working correct.
If the stats are causing a problem send me the files and I may be able to help.
The stats tool one of our m8s develops ,outputs the stats in a xml file and will be updated by each new read eventlog.Atm the xml outputs a simple spreadshead.
This xml file shall then be implemented into a php or html site.
Counting streaks for medals etc is also working and shall be implemented into a website.
I am useless in website scripting, but maybe you can help us out here.
At the end the stats shall work reliable and the output must be functional and practicable.

The target was to create a "multi purpose" tool, to read eventlogs of coop,dogfight and moving dogfight missions, which are different in some aspects (stock and mod), which of course reads the mission file aswell to get each modded object,vehicle etc.
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:41 pm

I'll give you a hand in any way I can.

Let me know what you need.
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:10 pm

How deep are you into php?
Maybe you know Seow. In the planing tool of SEOW a pilot is able to mark your own intel reports you made while flying on an own map.E.g. a blue pilot logins into his map (so red cant see his reports of course) area and can create a report by right mouse click. With RMB he receives a dropdown menu in what he can an icon (like tank,vehicle, arti) and also a commentary. All blue pilots that login, can see the reports.Each side (red & blue) got their own passworded map area available.
Do you think we could get somewhere in that direction?

If yes, we should better create a seperate thread to discuss and brainstorm.

Regarding sunday 31.3
Plz keep in mind we got Eastern. Most of blue pilots got family things to do. My girl cancelled Eastern this year, so I would be fine hosting a session again. But I suggest not to play the Moscow map this sunday, just for not disregarding (hope that is the correct word) those pilots who are or who have to be in family matter.

That way we could test the sequel campaign (Kuban43), where I wouldnt mind to play for open end, as I dont have to work the other day.
The regular date for next Moscow Event would be the sunday after Eastern again, means 7th April 2013.

Meanings?
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:04 am

Nephris, I for one am fine with skipping this Sunday for Easter. I'll be hosting family here, so likely won't make all of Sunday's session if we do fly something.
Also fine if everyone agrees to fly - I'll just take a weekend pass back in Moscow. ;)

Sunday was fun as usual - thanks again for your continued work on this. Good luck to your boys with the stats thing... hope Armitage can provide some help - I sure can't!!

Blue2