The ongoing JG42 war

Dates, News and Comments

Should we skip the Moscow and move over to the Bessarabia campaign as soon as possible?

Yeah, let's move immeadiately!
25%
Yeah, ... but give Moscow further two weeks before moving over!
6%
Naw, me loves Moscow! Let's fight there to the bitter end!
44%
Where da beer ... again?
25%

Total votes: 16
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Re: The ongoing JG42 war

Post by :FI:Mikester » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:40 pm

I'm happy to continue with the Moscow map but if you din't mind i'll skip the next map. I'll probably be happy to have a rest by then anyway.

see you all sunday!
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:44 am

:FI:Nellip wrote: if Nephris wants to do Bessarabia and he is the one doing all the work, then so be it.
Agreed.

If you boys want to fly this map this PDF might be useful to read-

http://www.yogysoft.de/DL/Bessarabia_Readme.pdf
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Nice find Graham, some good background and plane data or any campaign

=D]
Olegs stalker

Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Map updated.
Thx to all pilots!

German forces are concentrated around Panzer Grp.IV Depot (N-12). Soviet forces are concentrated around Dedovsk Depot (S-13). German forces are concentrated around Vyazma Depot (A-7). German forces are concentrated around Andreevskoe Depot (B-11). Soviet forces are concentrated around Lesnoy Gorodok Depot (S-11). Soviet troops have captured Peredel Dropzone (N-7). Reports indicate that there is intense fighting at Ruza (N-12). Reports indicate that there is intense fighting at Dorokhovo (O-10). Reports indicate that there is intense fighting at Volokolamsk (M-15).

Blue took finally Yukhnov airfield.
Red advanced again closer to Moshaisk.
The battle at Volokolomask move up down....
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi folks,
first of all sorry for the ongoing mess with the downgrades and plane counts.I tested a few hours different settings and got to a following result, which, I hope and expect, will finally stop the mess of planes.
Two issues collaborated here. The correct DCG setting in flight size use and the way how the server commander counts planes.

For those who use DCG on a private machine or are interested in how it (seem to) works:
for level 1 fighter like (Bf109F4,Yak1b,P39,P40E-m105) we use a flight size of two machines and two flights per squadron at all which equals 4 machines. As the flight size is 2, a downgrade will kick in, if just 1 plane is left at the end of a mission, as no completed flight (of two) could be created anymore.

The administration tool Server Commander is the other regulator.
You can check the numbers of planes by using <planes in the chatline, the response is the plane limit and how many are left (e.g. Limit 4 ; Left 3) - nothing new I guess. Server Commander counts a pilot as long seated in a plane as he left to another plane. Just klicking "refly" doesnt kick the pilot of his plane.(expl.: before landing you got limit 4,left 2 planes. Pilot lands and klicks "refly" ,still limit 4,left 2. Pilot moves into another plane and klicks "fly" limit 4,left 3.)

No AI planes will be counted into this bill.

If this settings still dont lead to success, we have to use fixed plane numbers each missions.
But I hope the best.

Thursday evening is a first test at Bessarabia, also to check the downgrades settings for sunday on a populated server.
The server on thursday will be booted around 20h Met. I also host our teamspeak server, Frank got adress & pw and post it maybe in your intern forums, you are invited to join us there to have a chat about this and that.
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:04 pm

Nephris I will try and and be there around 8 GMT. Can you pm me the server details (ip) and ts server ?
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:02 am

Hi buddy,
yes I will, pm with details out.
Maybe you can post it in you intern forums.

For all who want to join later, I will be in our TS up to 24h and the Il2 server will also run that long, maybe the later the better for pilots from the "New World" ;)
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:44 am

Nephris wrote:Hi buddy,
yes I will, pm with details out.
Maybe you can post it in you intern forums.

For all who want to join later, I will be in our TS up to 24h and the Il2 server will also run that long, maybe the later the better for pilots from the "New World" ;)
Folks,

I've posted the server details for Nephris' TS server here for you ...

^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Airfield file updated
Catch ya later!
Server Adress is the same as usually...seems to work again and update itself.
Pls keep in mind u are able use "Tab"->"Ground Control" -> "Request Runway Lights" , in case the mission starts early in dawn.
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:18 pm

Map is up2date.

Red finally took Dorokhovo completely, next advance will probably be Moshaisk I guess....
Your vehicles are finally movin again ;)

This are some dates from the territory and location files

Code: Select all

territory.dcg
Mozhaysk 2 allied=0 axis=40
Dorokhovo 1 allied=20 axis=0

location.dcg
Mozhaysk 2 126425.00 89221.62
Dorokhovo 1 148220.66 94413.47
The days before Dorokhovo were always contested

Code: Select all

Dorokhovo 0 allied=0 axis=5
Dorokhovo 0 148220.66 94413.47
Aircraft numbers updated to begin @ 2nd mission
Graf Zahl
Baby Boardie

Post by Graf Zahl » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:27 pm

Greetings, Men of Ireland!

I hope you were able to overcome the planeset problems we had in the past.

I'm here to report a sad incident that happened in the first mission last Sunday.

At the very start of this mission I was attacking Kubinka area with a 110, accompanied by another 110 and a 109.
After attacking a ground target right next to Kubinka airfield, I went for the field itself. Quickly red fighters appeared and Mr. Blue's P-40 set my engine and fuel tank on fire.
Being to slow and to low to be able to extinguish the flames, I bailed out. Floating down in my chute, I already managed to locate the nearest pub and prepared myself for some red hospitality aka vodka.
Now here comes the twist: Instead an Il-2 piloted by 1.JaVA_KEBEN turned in for me and perforated my chute, accelerating my descend to a quite uncomfortable rate.
Missions Log wrote:[6:35:05 PM] BSE_Graf_Zahl:Bf-110G-2(1) has chute destroyed by RAF_1.JaVA_KEBEN:Il-2_1941_Late at 156776.88 100877.5
[6:35:09 PM] BSE_Graf_Zahl:Bf-110G-2(0) has chute destroyed by RAF_1.JaVA_KEBEN:Il-2_1941_Late at 156772.03 100924.33
[6:35:12 PM] BSE_Graf_Zahl:Bf-110G-2(1) was killed at 156740.44 100832.11
[6:35:16 PM] BSE_Graf_Zahl:Bf-110G-2(0) was killed at 156742.67 100889.92
I was already shot down (even by another pilot!). My plane was long gone (at least 500m). There was just me and my gunner, hanging in our chutes.
There is no doubt that Keben killed me on full purpose.
I was and still am unable to understand why - the mission just started, there were no dogfights before, no vulching or anything that could be the cause for such an act of frustration.

While I did not shed that many tears about the incident I consider it very bad sportsmanship. This action was completely uncalled for which is the reason I am writing here.
Of course my fellow blue pilots were upset about it too.

So I ask everybody - and especially Keben - to not let our little Sunday ritual descent into a sequence of trading hateful blows.
Nobody gains anything from shooting and parachutes. It is just an extremely repulsive act of disrespect.
It might happen as an accident when a pilot is just ejecting. But in every other case, the only reason is shameful frustration or an unpleasant 'I dont't give a damn' attitude.
I do not see any room for this in our event.

I hope Keben is reading this here.

Cheers & good night!

Gz
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:32 pm

Sorry to here about that Zahl.
I don't think Keben or the JaVA come on here much if at all but if they are flying Sunday I'll pass on your concerns. Hopefully there might be an explanation. Rather like when I got 'hot under the collar' having been vulched in a static plane your explanation of what the pilot said to you about it cooled things down.
I don't think we want to go into the world of deliberate chute killing either. We are old men (well I am) having a bit of competitive fun on a Sunday. Let's keep it competitive but with good humour and respect for each other when we meet online.

^:) :beer:
1.JaVA_Jojo
Baby Boardie

Post by 1.JaVA_Jojo » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:37 pm

I passed it to Keben on our forum and asked him an explanation. This was his answer:

Nee klopt ..ik heb er op geschoten .........ik dacht dat het AI was en ik verveelde mij
Sorry ......

He thought he was shooting AI in his chute..just out of a little boredom.

I know where he lives. If it happens again I will shoot him myself.

My apologies for this :oops:
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:14 pm

Just a suggestion to Keben. When I get bored I shoot my teammates, they are so trusting. Nobody complains much because they can get a beer and I've increased my kills in Eamonns stats.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:48 pm

:FI:Gadje wrote:Just a suggestion to Keben. When I get bored I shoot my teammates, they are so trusting. Nobody complains much because they can get a beer and I've increased my kills in Eamonns stats.
and they always blame it on Pike anyway :badgrin:

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)