Battlefield 1942 or BF 2 discussions !!

Everything that got nothing to do with games we play ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:11 pm

I have seen references to "stats padding"
Luckily, EA has decided to take action against those stat-padders...

Quote from totalbf2.com;
Hi Guys,
We have noticed an increase in behavior where leased servers are being used by clans solely to pad players stats, even to the extent where clans are institutionalizing rules that forbid normal play. Currently the favored method is for player admins to set rules where players must use either a knife or Pistol, players must revive each other, and players must not take flags. This creates environments where players gain stats unrealistically and creates an imbalance in the ranked server playing field. In our opinion, these players are breaking EA's Terms of Service, and we have begun taking action on the clans involved. However, clan coordination to this extreme requires us to create a long-term solution for this (separate from any scoring changes in 1.03).

As a group, Ranked Partners included, we need to work together to aggressively crack down on any server that is found to be promoting stats exploiting in order to maintain the integrity of the stats system.

The following steps will be taken each time we locate a server exploiting through enforced admin rules:

1. Customer support will strip the stats from those caught on the server at the time of discovery and anyone sharing a clan tag with the offenders that seem to have any anomalous stats.

2. We will contact the Trusted Partner who has leased the instance in question to the offending clan and request that the clan is immediately moved over to a non-Ranked server. This clan should not be given an opportunity to lease another Ranked Server from said partner, as they have too many avenues of coordinating exploitative actions.

3. If said clan continues to have access to a Ranked server, we will be removing the IP of offending server from the validated list shortly after contacting the Ranked Partner connected with them.

Please keep in mind we are not holding the hosting partner responsible for the actions of these clients. Also note that the tools we need to employ if we reach step 3 may impact other clients you are hosting. Because of this, we do ask that each partner works to ensure that clans/groups that engage in this behavior are removed from your clientele. We have 'busted' a few servers already and those partners have been exceptional in their response to correct the errant behavior.

Notify your clients that if they are running their servers in the manner described above or in any manner which could be questionable that they must cease such actions and run pure servers. Please forward any reasonable questions your clients have to me, off list, and I will reply.
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:13 am

Wow, it worked 8)

Last edited by Sapper-FIN on Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Stovies_
Professional Boardie

Post by Stovies_ » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:11 am

Nice one Sapper!!

Erm I had better get my stats up now :oops:
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:25 am

Thank you Stovies! ^:)

Erm... i should really concentrate on getting my team scores up :?

But beeing a sniper is so much fun
;)
Last edited by Sapper-FIN on Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:39 pm

:D
Fun game!
Card came :)
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:45 pm

If you wanna show off with your bf2 achievements, here´s a couple of links to sites where you can have a very own stats-sig:
;)

http://bf2.ogn.com.au/getsig.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://bf2sig.l0ser.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://bf2.gamedrome.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (requires registration

Last edited by Sapper-FIN on Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:12 pm

well here it is lads
... havent ventured online yet :p
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Finally!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:20 pm

Now I´m allowed to participate on this topic!!! You don´t believe me? Then have a very close look on my latest signature!

:p
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:32 pm

:lol:

Wonderfull!
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:09 pm

Where did you find that pint-stat generator? :lol: =D]
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Gameplay Tips

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:07 am

I'm sure this stuff is known by everyone here but me - http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15879" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

Been playing BF2 when I get the chance. Great game when you have a limited amount of time. So far I have two medals and about half-way until my next rank. However, my kill/death isn't anything to post. ;) If I die once more from an artillery strike. :x :D

Regards,
TactS!
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:45 am

Also remember that you can stick C4 to everything, including infantery soldiers.
Wow, i gotta try that! :lol:

Thanks Tactical, there were some good tips on that link! ^:)
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:40 pm

Yes I found a couple of nice tricks there too. I wish I liked the Special Ops guy more (sucky gun IMO), because I do indeed like messing around with the C4. :badgrin:

Also, and you guys probably know this too, but I like launching a LAN server in order to practice/see all the maps. This option also let's you set up the server settings to the way you like them.

Last night I finally (yes sad I know) landed a helo. Now to do this under combat conditions.:? Must learn how to fly these machines.

Tact - "two awards and counting" - S!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:43 pm

Ok mates, trying to figure out how to make my very own BF2 signature. Can someone give me a hand? And do I really have to use my own scores 'cause they suck at the moment? :( And how do I display my two shinny medals in the sig?

Regards,
TactS!
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:24 pm

Well, if you dont want your stats to show, you can always make a normal banner, and copy/paste your medals and all there rest of your nice and shiny things in it.

Here you can find those pictures: http://battle.fi/index.php?page=80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;