The ongoing JG42 war

Dates, News and Comments

Should we skip the Moscow and move over to the Bessarabia campaign as soon as possible?

Yeah, let's move immeadiately!
25%
Yeah, ... but give Moscow further two weeks before moving over!
6%
Naw, me loves Moscow! Let's fight there to the bitter end!
44%
Where da beer ... again?
25%

Total votes: 16
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Re: The ongoing JG42 war

Post by Nephris » Thu May 23, 2013 2:18 pm

Great effort m8.

I thought I already asked for it but cant find my post,....so would it be possible to use Kill Streaks in the table aswell?

As for the bridges,I will have a look when i am back home.
DCG assigns bridge destruction as mission targets.I can rember it counts successfull bridge destruction in debriefings and i am using an own dedicated bridges.dcg file for available bridges.
So i am pretty sure it should be able to count bridges by the log...anyhow.

When I understand a parser correct it counts for certain variables.
Would it be possible and useful to count the available planes by the parser? Atm we do it time by time manually.I guess linking the Airfields in the squadron.dcg to an anchor on a map grafic should also be possible.
Available planes are counted within the squadron.dcg.
After a mission the total number of planes is updated in that file.
The squadron.dcg looks like this:

Code: Select all

[153IAP0]  
Planes 0/4-0+2  
Skill 2  
Class air.YAK_1B 
 Active True  
Any Pilot Type  
1default.bmp  
Naro_Fominsk_Airfield 
 NoRadio

[160IAP1]  
Planes 5/6-0+3  
Skill 3  
Class air.YAK_7B  
Active True  
Any Pilot Type  
1default.bmp  
Ruza_Airfield  
NoRadio

[571ShAP0]  
Planes 4/4-0+3  
Skill 1 
 Class air.MIG_3UD 
 Active True  
Any Pilot Type  
1default.bmp 
 Kubinka_Airstrip  
NoRadio

[I_JG5_20]  
Planes 1/4-0+2  
Skill 1  
Class air.BF_109F4  
Active True  
Any Pilot Type 
1default.bmp  
Karavaero_Airfield  
NoRadio

as sidenote:
Plz keep in mind that the new announced version 4.12 of the sim will have impact on the eventlog again.
The announced changelog tells sth about shared kills.
I wil have to ask Caspar who flew several times with us on sunday,he is part of Daidalos Team and can maybe provide some further info.
The patch is actually rdy for but some minor fixes seem to prevent a first RC 4.12.
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Thu May 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Larry I fixed the problem you reported. Was also happening in other missions and to other people. Should be fine now if you want to have a look.
so would it be possible to use Kill Streaks in the table as well
Yes. I will have a look at that next.
Would it be possible and useful to count the available planes by the parser? Atm we do it time by time manually.I guess linking the Airfields in the squadron.dcg to an anchor on a map grafic should also be possible.
I could have a look and see what I can do.
I will have to ask Caspar who flew several times with us on sunday,he is part of Daidalos Team and can maybe provide some further info.
I would like to talk to them. There may be a better way to create the logs and a better way to record the game events such as shot down, destroyed etc
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:36 am

Well done! Now things look pretty excellent to me. If you & Nephris figure out the bridge destruction thing, nothing will remain of this type issue except the VERY rare "Unknown Destroyed" in the ground kills section and equally rare "Unknown Object" under the AI air kills section... in other words, stuff probably not worth worrying over.

I noticed one tiny error in the first sentence on the "About" tab: left the "t" off the word "event" so it reads "...parses the IL-2 Even Log generated...

Also had a look at your open source website. I was impressed even though I know next to nothing about these things. My last software coding was back in college I think! Would be happy to help if I had any familiarity with the languages you're using... will help this way & other ways you point out/ask for though. Nice to see such a terrific, useful project undertaken in our squad! Certainly has potential to help the whole IL-2 community. :D

Speaking of that, Nephris please pass along my personal thanks to Caspar for all his work with TD, and glad to have him flying with us! Also please ask him to express thanks for TD's work to their whole team, on behalf of our squad. I've never met anyone that closely associated with the game, but appreciate all they've done to give us so many hours of enjoyment for so many years. I would not want to miss any opportunity to tell them so, sincerely. =D] =D] =D] ^:)

One other question for you, Nephris. Are resupply rates independent of all industrial areas? Or are they reduced if certain industrial areas are bombed? My guess is this does NOT affect it, but would like to know for certain.
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri May 24, 2013 6:08 am

You've done a great job there, Eamonn! :D

Just a quick note: it doesn't matter how hard I try to remember but I'm pretty sure that I've flown the Yak-1b more often than the Yak-1. The difference between both of them is minor when it comes to the version names so could it be that those versions were mixed up by your script, Eamonn?

I hope I'm wrong, mate ....

Gen :oops:
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Fri May 24, 2013 6:56 am

The supply rate is impacted by the relation of total count of certain objects to destructed count of certain static coloured objects (either red or blue)

The spawn rate of columns gets influenced by each kind of static transport trucks.
The moveing rate of columns gets influenced by each kind of static fuel/oil trucks.

This is meant for tank columns and supply columns aswell.

an example:
Blue has 100 static transport trucks of which 33 got destroyed.
66% of all available blue columns in the spawnpool will spawn only.
(All vehicles that got destroyed move into the spawnpool).

Blue has 100 static fuel/oil trucks of which 50 got destroyed.
50% of all blue columns will move only.Remaing ones keep resting at their location.

What exact columns spawn or move is random.
I can pass a list of what statics are oil trucks or transporters when i am back home.

As soon as a supply column passes a location the destroyed static objects will be repaired and appear again in next mission.

Those static trucks are concentrated around Naro Fominsk,Moshaisk,Rhzev and Vyazma.
At most airfields you will find static trucks aswell.

I am not sure how map buildings behave in Dogfight once they got bombed and destroyed.
Unsure if their status gets tracked for next mission,so a pilot can check if it is worth to bomb or not.

What i noticed is ,some trucks turned into neutral objects.
Dunno what went wrong there again...I guess this happened due an object number conflict between Hsfx ,UP3 and FMB Plus when the campaign was created.
Will have to clear that neutral ones.
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Fri May 24, 2013 9:03 am

Just a quick note: it doesn't matter how hard I try to remember but I'm pretty sure that I've flown the Yak-1b more often than the Yak-1. The difference between both of them is minor when it comes to the version names so could it be that those versions were mixed up by your script, Eamonn?

I hope I'm wrong, mate ....
I had a quick look and the script appears to be correct. You have flown the Yak1 more times than the Yak1B :lol:

Nephris there appears to be a server/game option that tells IL2 to log the gun/bomb stats. If we can found out what that is and turn it on then I can include the usage/hit status for guns, bombs, rockets etc. Would be a nice addition.
VERY rare "Unknown Destroyed" in the ground kills section and equally rare "Unknown Object" under the AI air kills section
I'm working on eliminating those. One of the reasons is that there is a Soviet R-10 plane on the map that has been shot down several times but is not listed in the mission description.

Investigating the other issues.

Very occasionally you will see a user of NONAME on the site. There is nothing I can do about this as IL2 as NONAME in the logs and if IL2 can't figure out who caused the kill then I can't either.

Once I have the kill streak info displayed I would like to concentrate on improving the look and feel.
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Fri May 24, 2013 2:23 pm

Yes,I know what you mean.
If i let the same mission run as coop the log gives us the projectile hit details.
Like u can see on our very first missions in coop when we started in January.
I dunno of any option to set false or true to receive same results in dogfight but I will have a look into it.
It must actually be possible for dogfight either as the FBDj mirrors same projectile results isnt it?

Maybe I get into contact to Caspar via PM the next days and he can providr some info and aswell for the new eventlog of shared kills so it could maybe added as a kind of modular system to be on standby.
I hope DCG can handle the new log details without any probs,as he wasnt able to manage last changrs tothe logs that UP3 made.Well I presume TD will add a button to dis/enable new log details....wished they would ve done that for the new bomb effects aswell...

A quick addition to the supply rate,I forgot this morning to post.
We had in an earlier version of DCG a file created and updated regulary,that tracked the status of the suppy rate. I already asked Lowengrin what happened to that file or what i maybe do wrong.
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Mon May 27, 2013 11:01 am

Ok the Unknown objects. I have it down to 24 out of 2992 events on my development pc. Of the 24 I can eliminate an additional 15 leaving 9 unknowns. These appear to be true unknowns in that the IL2 log recors an event such as Nephris destroyed 1006_Static but when I look up 1006_Static in the mission file it doesn't exist.

So nothing I can do.

I'm going to spend on some time on implementing the Alive/Kill streaks and also figuring out what the IL2 Gust of 1,23, turbulence of 0,1,2 etc means.

I'll update the site over the weekend.

Frank you mentioned a request during Sundays mission. Can you post it here?

Any chance of a Sub forum ala FI Barbarians for the Stats ?
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:27 am

Finally back after a nice long weekend. :D
Nephris, thanks for the good information on supply/ spawn rate/ movement rate / etc. It's helpful to have a little more understanding of this.
I can pass a list of what statics are oil trucks or transporters when i am back home.
This seems fairly obvious... most of us can identify static transport trucks and fuel/oil trucks, so I don't think a list is necessary myself.
However I do have a question: are some of these trucks "hidden" inside of buildings in those cities you mentioned? I ask because there seem to be very few visible when flying over them in the game.
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed May 29, 2013 4:59 am

:FI:Armitage wrote:Any chance of a Sub forum ala FI Barbarians for the Stats ?
Do you like to get a complete new sub forum just for the stats, Eamonn? Or should it be included in an already existing parent forum?

A just asking Gen :oops:
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed May 29, 2013 11:26 am

It's common practice for mission builders to place statics in buildings to give points. Does DCG include these when calculating logistics from one mission to the next?

I only ever made 2 DCG campaigns and that was long before HSFX. Neither of those called for industrial targets; so not too sure here on how they work or if there were changes introducing HSFX objects

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Wed May 29, 2013 1:00 pm

I placed in version1 of our master Dcg war template around one half of transport/fuel trucks into typical industrial buildings. Preferably those with three chimneys,as the cities dont have same numbers of those factory buildings,I also used some of those angular shaped buildings in closer distance to the factories.
In dogfight mode placing objects into houses may lead to problems,as i still didnt figured out if destroyed buildings keep damaged until a column passes it and repairs building and its object inside.

I think i ve done a few yrs ago some kind of intel photographs for the coop release.
This pictures represent the "productive industries". Just have to check my NAS' data graveyard and will upload the screens then.

The other half of trucks is located around airfields and airstrips.
For future wars I wont use buildings anymore due the issue mentioned above.
Means trucks will be around airfields or train stations clearly visible for everyone.

DCG triggers a certain location flag which was imho sth like _factory_district.
At this location AI levelbombers preferably are triggered to drop bombs.
When u check around ten of our last flown mission u will find a HE111 or DB with such mission task.
Remaining AI is triggered preferably by more valueable targets like tanks,trains columns,airfields or just intercept flights.
Just as note for singleplayer or coop player in DCG ,u can force a certain mission task within the settings panel.
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:33 am

Thanks Nephris. I re-checked a mission recording and was able to see some of these "productive industry" areas in most of the cities you mentioned. I'll show this to our boys.

One note though. I could not see ANY statics hidden in buildings in Mozhaysk, and I remember that when your side captured it, much of the city was destroyed. Does this mean that red may have lost a good portion of our "productive industry" when we lost that city?
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Fri May 31, 2013 8:34 pm

Thats true.Red lost in Moshaisk some statics.U can check in the campaigns master template the total numberss in Moshaisk.But blue doesnt build statics there as Moshaisk was rather close to the frontline.
The opposite is to airfields .Each airfield has around 4 fuel and 4 transpirter.The conqueror destroys enemy statics and as soon as a supply column passes that airfield own statics are build .
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Post by Nephris » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi folks,
we will go on at Moscow next weekend.
I hoped to be earlier at home for maybe flying already yesterday evening, but half south Bavaria is under water so also the highway/Autobahn. Was a kind of an interesting view to see half sunk cars driving/swiming and gearing to one or another direction awhile...however it took us 4h for 100km...it actually takes me 35-45min for that distance. However I really hope our pilots house Wolf is fine, as he lives in or near Rosenheim.

Next regular date is coming sunday 9th june.
Most squadrons will be filled up again to its max count (depends to its actual max count), but we have to deal with its numbers and their downgrades for 7 missions. Just to be clear, if a squadron has 4x planes, the first downgrade level has 4 planes and the second downgrade level has also 4 planes. Like 4xBf109F4 ->4xBf109E7b -> 4xBf109E4 -> 4xHs123 -> no downgrade anymore. It is not possible to provide endless downgrade plane numbers of any kind.

I ll try to create a list with the downgrade chronics of our used planes for wednesday.
The longer lasting resupply period for our squadrons is just an attempt and not degenerative, if we notice less fun for all of us we will switch back to more regular resupplies.

As always keep your ideas and suggestions comin.

I could not see ANY statics hidden in buildings in Mozhaysk, and I remember that when your side captured it, much of the city was destroyed.
Statics in some cities are located in those typical industry buildings with three chimneys and in those rectangled buildings. The problem to statics in buildings is the status of the building itself, as this isnt tracked over missions. If you destroy a building with its statics, the building is reapired again in next m ission in dogfight mode, awhile the static inside gets only repaired if a truck column passes the loaction.
This is deffo an issue that wont happen in any upcoming possible campaigns or wars with dcg.

I already adressed this issue in using statics at airifields wich numbers should make one half or 2/3 of all statics.Each airfield should have 4xtransports and 4xfuels.

@Armitage: is it fine for you, if I link the stats page in our forums?
Shall I send you the log after each evening or do u want me to upload it via ftp?
It would save a lot of time if we could use your stats solution only, which is for sure more proffessional and efficient that the one we used.
Last edited by Nephris on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.