Battlefield 1942 or BF 2 discussions !!

Everything that got nothing to do with games we play ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:28 pm

I have heard the Special Ops is the best unlockable. But if you have a favourite kit then I suppose that one would be ideal.

I have heard - Special Ops, Assault and Medic are the top three.

I am enjoying my Assault upgrade, but these upgrades are not magical pills. Yes they may be a bit better, but in the end folks with upgrades have no significant advantage.

Me want my MP-40 when the awesome WW2 mods come our way!

-----

Great story Sapper. A few weeks ago I hit prone just as a vehicle flew over me. Didn't really see him coming - pure luck. And yes I too was unharmed.

Another thing to try is with an Anti-Tank soldier is to purposely stand still as a vehicle (obviously without a gunner such as the transport truck) approaches. He will always gun it for you then let loose your rocket. :badgrin:

Tact - "I play dirty 'cause I love it" - S!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:34 pm

I have heard various things andam currently looking at either the Spec/Ops,or the AT.
AT-unlockable is an automatic shotgun... it´s a killer from the close range but useless into distances over... let´s say 20 or 30 meters...

If you really wanna kick arse, you should go with PKM... Like i´ve said in previous posts; Powerfull and accurate...

I have M95, but for heavens name; do not pick that one...

I tried Spec Ops unlock once and didn´t like it that much... I like that m4 better, because of it´s optical sight....

Medic unlock is supposed to be very accurate with single shot, but with rapid fire, you couldn´t hit a wall, even if you would stand inside the house... It too has an optical sight, i´ve heard... at least l85 in r/l does...

My vote is for the PKM...

Choose wisely ;)

BTW, there are some servers, where you can use every unlockable weapon... You might wanna test them out, before choosing...

"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:41 pm

Thanks Guys will look at the PKM.
Stovies_
Professional Boardie

Post by Stovies_ » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:26 pm

I unlocked the medic weapon. Its good in single shot mode but useless in auto.

I also went on a server that had global unlocks and tried the sniper unlock wow!! that gun is good!!

didnt try any others but will again. The server was run by the OAP clan in the uk if you want to try the other weapons out.
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:34 am

Battlefield 2 1.03 Update Enters Final QA Pass

That's right, troops. Barring any last minute issues, the 1.03 Update is only a few days from release now. We thought this occasion warranted a post covering the major features and fixes coming in 1.03, so settle back and enjoy.

Wake Island 2007

That's right, the 1.03 update bundles the first Official map release from EA and DICE. In this case the map is a modern-era update of one of the most popular maps from Battlefield 1942 -- Wake Island. The People's Liberation Army has invaded Wake to threaten American supply lines. In response the US Marine Corps has been dispatched to reclaim the island.

The new Wake Island map comes to you free of charge thanks to Fileplanet’s new Battlefield 2 Channel. Visit it at http://www.fileplanet.com/battlefield2.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New Features

Stats compare - view the extended stats details for any other player in your BFHQ simply by double-clicking on their name on the leader board or using the new search feature
Server Favorites and History - find your favorite servers that much easier. No more searching for them through the main server list
Nickname Prefix - Add and change your clan tag to your account name at will. No more creating alternate account names to cover the changes in your competitive lifestyle
Supply Drop Icons - Supply drops now appear on the main map and within the 3D Map. Find that elusive supply drop much, much quicker
Points for Destroying Command Objects - players now receive points for destroying the commander's toys. Special Forces players rejoice
Server Reserved Slots - Server Operators can now set aside slots for their admins to join a full server at any time
Vehicle Passengers - the names of players in a vehicle with you are now displayed when you enter or change seats
Countermeasures - a reload bar has been added for vehicle countermeasures. You'll always know now when you can set off that next flare

Tweaks

Point Farming changes - DICE has implemented functionality that makes it significantly harder to point farm on Ranked Servers
Mod Support - Mods now work properly with the Dedicated Server! Additionally, the game will automatically switch mods when joining a server that is running a mod you have installed but do not have activated
Map tweaks - Spawn menu map and Commander maps now scale based on the size of the level being played (16, 32 or 64 players). Mini-map also scales automatically based on the vehicle type you are using (manual changes to zoom levels are remembered as well)
Commander scoring - No more TKs from Artillery
Vehicle tweaks - No more accidental kills from bumping a friend with your tank (try to avoid hitting him at speed though) and no more struggling uphill in an APC. Also no more improper TK allocation from vehicle explosions
Auto Team Balance tweaks - Commanders and Squad Leaders now immune to team switch
Anti-Air Missiles - These are now much more effective against fast-movers

…and, of course, more. Look for the patch soon.
Few days from release :p

"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:27 am

Nice! Lookingforward to the patch.

But still little time to play Bf2 though it is such a great game....

smy stats suck....

GuysHow long did you wait to unlock your first weapon? I would love to unlock assault upgrade.

Now...

as the weather is very very beautiful....

I'm going to have a nice walk along the shore with my trusty dog;)

S!

Macca
ImageImageImage
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:31 am

And Sapp..

The stats sig under your posts - is it kind of script r what? I assume that it works just like gamedrone stats signature and similar?

It is really cool, good work.

I tried to play sniper kit but I think Assault is my destiny:)

S!

Ma(yes,I'm going)ca
ImageImageImage
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:44 pm

Thx Macca!

Yeah, it´s an XML scrpit... Mine looks like this:
<?sigml version='1.0'?>
<canvas width="400" height="250" fill="00000000">

<!-- Random stock background image -->
<image url="http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b312/ ... iking2.png" x="0" y="0" width="400" height="300"/>

<!-- Top box -->
<rect id="topbox" x="1" y="1" width="[?{sig:canvas:width}-2?]" height="16" fill="0000007F"/>
<line x="[?{sig:topbox:x}?]" y="[?{sig:topbox:y}+{sig:topbox:height}?]" x2="[?{sig:topbox:x}+{sig:topbox:width}?]" y2="[?{sig:this:y}?]" color="00000000"/>
<text string="{feed:bf2:playerrank:to_rankname} {feed:bf2:nick}" x="5" y="13" font="Adventure.ttf" size="8" color="FFFFFF00" angle="0" />

<!-- Rank Box -->
<rect id="rankbox" x="3" y="[?{sig:topbox:y}+{sig:topbox:height}+{sig:topbox:border_width}+3?]" width="51" height="55" fill="807d624f" border="00000000" border_width="1"/>
<image render="bf2:rank" x="[?{sig:last:x}+5?]" y="[?{sig:last:y}+3?]" width="[?{sig:this:height}?]" height="40"/>
<image render="bf2:vprogressbar" x="[?{sig:rankbox:x}+1?]" y="[?{sig:rankbox:y}+1?]" width="10" height="[?{sig:rankbox:height}-2?]" color="6e6b5570"/>
<text string="{feed:bf2:f_rankpercent}%" x="[?{sig:rankbox:x}+{sig:this:width}+2?]" y="[?{sig:rankbox:y}+({sig:rankbox:height}/2)+({sig:this:height}/2)?]" font="lucon.ttf" angle="90" size="8" color="e6dfaa00"/>
<text string="P:{feed:bf2:f_ranketa}" x="[?{sig:rankbox:x}+14?]" y="[?{sig:rankbox:y}+{sig:rankbox:height}-2?]" font="sylfaen.ttf" size="8" angle="0" color="FFFFFF00"/>

<!-- Stats Boxes -->
<rect id="botbox" x="1" y="80" width="[?{sig:canvas:width}-2?]" height="20" fill="807d624f" />
<text id="row1" x="2" y="[?{sig:last:y}+9?]" size="8" font="framd.ttf" color="FFFFFF00" string="G-Score: {feed:bf2:scor:to_number}"/>
<text x="[?{sig:last:x}+89?]" y="[?{sig:row1:y}?]" size="8" font="framd.ttf" color="FFFFFF00" string="Cap: {feed:bf2:cpcp:to_number}"/>
<text x="[?{sig:last:x}+70?]" y="[?{sig:row1:y}?]" size="8" font="framd.ttf" color="FFFFFF00" string="Kills: {feed:bf2:kill:to_number} ({feed:bf2:bksk:to_number})"/>
<text x="[?{sig:last:x}+94?]" y="[?{sig:row1:y}?]" size="8" font="framd.ttf" color="FFFFFF00" string="Wins: {feed:bf2:wins:to_number}"/>

<text id="row2" x="2" y="[?{sig:row1:y}+10?]" size="8" font="framd.ttf" angle="0" color="FFFFFF00" string="C-Score: {feed:bf2:cmsc:to_number}"/>
<text x="[?{sig:last:x}+89?]" y="[?{sig:row2:y}?]" size="8" font="framd.ttf" color="FFFFFF00" string="Cap-A: {feed:bf2:cacp:to_number}"/>
<text x="[?{sig:last:x}+70?]" y="[?{sig:row2:y}?]" size="8" font="framd.ttf" color="FFFFFF00" string="Deaths: {feed:bf2:deth:to_number} ({feed:bf2:wdsk:to_number})"/>
<text x="[?{sig:last:x}+94?]" y="[?{sig:row2:y}?]" size="8" font="framd.ttf" color="FFFFFF00" string="Losses: {feed:bf2:loss:to_number}"/>
<line x="[?{sig:botbox:x}?]" y="[?{sig:botbox:y}-1?]" x2="[?{sig:botbox:x}+{sig:botbox:width}?]" y2="[?{sig:this:y}?]" color="00000000"/>
<line x="1" y="100" x2="400" y2="100" color="00000000"/>
<!-- Players soldier -->
<image render="bf2:mysol" x="[?({sig:canvas:width}-{sig:this:width})+20?]" y="30" height="84" width="127" src_h="167" src_w="254"/>

<!-- Random kit box -->
<rect id="rkb" x="1" y="105" width="400" height="150" fill="807d624f"/>
<line x="1" y="103" x2="400" y2="103" color="00000000"/>
<random>
<select><text string="Sniper" x="5" y="115" font="Adventure.ttf" size="10" color="FFFFFF00" angle="0" />
<image url="http://tehsig.com/stock/bf2/weapons/usrif_m24.png" x="165" y="105" width="175" height="44"/>
<image url="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/d ... 9c5e46.png" x="285" y="105" width="150" height="44"/>
<image url="http://tehsig.com/stock/bf2/weapons/usp ... lencer.png" x="60" y="105" width="150" height="44"/>
<text string="Kills: {feed:bf2:kkl-6:to_number} " x="5" y="125" font="Adventure.ttf" size="8" color="FFFFFF00" angle="0" />
<text string="Deaths: {feed:bf2:kdt-6:to_number} " x="4" y="135" font="Adventure.ttf" size="8" color="FFFFFF00" angle="0" />
<text string="Kill/Death ratio: {feed:bf2:kkd-5:to_decratio} " x="3" y="145" font="Adventure.ttf" size="8" color="FFFFFF00" angle="0" /> /></select>
</random>

<!-- Awards -->

<rect id="awb" x="1" y="[?{sig:canvas:height}-{sig:this:height}?]" width="[?{sig:canvas:width}-2?]" height="80" fill="44444444"/>
<line x="1" y="{sig:last:y}" x2="[?{sig:canvas:width}-2?]" y2="{sig:last:y}" color="00000000"/>
<random>
<select><text string="FIGHTING IRISH" y="[?({sig:awb:y}+{sig:awb:height}/2)+({sig:this:height}/2)?]" x="[?({sig:canvas:width}/2)-({sig:this:width}/2)?]" font="timesbd.ttf" size="30" color="FFFFFFEE" angle="0" /></select>
<select><text string="FIGHTING IRISH" y="[?({sig:awb:y}+{sig:awb:height}/2)+({sig:this:height}/2)?]" x="[?({sig:canvas:width}/2)-({sig:this:width}/2)?]" font="timesbd.ttf" size="30" color="FFFFFFEE" angle="0" /></select>
</random>

<!-- The Awards/Medals/Ribbons -->
<image render="bf2:awards" all="true" x="2" y="[?{sig:awb:y}+3?]" rows="3" cols="7" width="185" height="78" uniform="true" id="awards" />
<image render="bf2:ribbons" all="true" x="[?({sig:canvas:width}-{sig:this:width})-2?]" y="{sig:last:y}" rows="4" cols="4" width="79" height="76" uniform="true"/>
<image render="bf2:medals" all="true" x="[?({sig:awards:x}+{sig:awards:width}) + ((({sig:last:x} - ({sig:awards:x}+{sig:awards:width}))/2)-({sig:this:width}/2))?]" y="{sig:last:y}" rows="3" cols="5" width="120" height="74" uniform="true"/>

<!-- The Medal Counts -->
<text string="{feed:bf2:f_medal_count:2051902}" y="[?{sig:medal_2051902:y}+{sig:medal_2051902:height}?]" x="{sig:medal_2051902:x}" font="AuXDotBitC.ttf" size="8" color="FFFFFF00"/>
<text string="{feed:bf2:f_medal_count:2051907}" y="[?{sig:medal_2051907:y}+{sig:medal_2051907:height}?]" x="{sig:medal_2051907:x}" font="AuXDotBitC.ttf" size="8" color="FFFFFF00"/>
<text string="{feed:bf2:f_medal_count:2051919}" y="[?{sig:medal_2051919:y}+{sig:medal_2051919:height}?]" x="{sig:medal_2051919:x}" font="AuXDotBitC.ttf" size="8" color="FFFFFF00"/>

<rect id="vika" x="1" y="350" width="[?{sig:canvas:width}-2?]" height="16" fill="0000007F"/>

<text string="{feed:bf2: Sure, You can run.... but you will only die tired}" x="35" y="165" font="Adventure.ttf" size="10" color="FFFFFF00" angle="0" />

<!-- 1px Border -->
<rect x="1" y="1" width="[?{sig:canvas:width}-2?]" height="[?{sig:canvas:height}-2?]" fill="000000FF" border="00000000" border_width="1"/>

<!-- Copyright notice must come last -->
<copyright x="[?{sig:canvas:width}-{sig:this:width}-0?]" y="0" font="arialblk.ttf" size="7" color="88FF8800" dark="false" angle="0" />
</canvas>
It took some time, but i finally got it working... Some of my code is borrowed from other people, some of it i invented myself...
GuysHow long did you wait to unlock your first weapon?
You get your first unlock when you have 1050 (or something like that) global points, so you are not too far away from it...

A good way to improve your stats, is the use of tank and APC´s... they can do a lot of damage ;)

Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:16 pm

:p :p :p

The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:29 pm

are the girls for Lance corporals only??? I have to be promoted soon.....!!!!!

play Macca, play!!!!

S!

Mac(i'm trying)ca

LOL
ImageImageImage
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:35 pm

They are Macca, unless you are a married Lance Corporal. :(
Post Maniac General

I Got No Smarts for Fancy Stats Signature

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:10 pm

Ok, here's my fancy signature (not).

TS!

Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:31 pm

Ok, here's my fancy signature
Hmm, cant see it...
They are Macca, unless you are a married Lance Corporal
:lol: :lol:

The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:11 pm

:)

Me not married....

at least i do not have any wife i know about:)

Your stats are hardly visible, TactS.

But good show Sir TactS Lanc Corp:)

Macca
ImageImageImage
Post Maniac General

Success at Last!

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:59 am

Well my fellow BF2 mates, if there has been one map that I simply couldn't play well it had to be Daging Oilfields. Been horrible at that one until tonight. Went strictly with the Engineer and tanks. Got a bunch of kills with mines and a couple in the tank.

In the end a Gold Medal and my Basic Engineer's Badge. \:D/ I had almost given up hope to play this particular map well; just kept running around getting killed all the time. :(

I watched for the first time "Black Hawk Down" earlier in the evening so may be the movie inspired me. :)

Regards,
TactS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.