Battlefield 1942 or BF 2 discussions !!

Everything that got nothing to do with games we play ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:10 pm

Hey we are both Lance Corporals Sapper! Man it will take a lifetime (for me) to earn my next rank.

Ok, patch is suppose to be released in early October. As you no doubt have read, it looks very promising.

Someone posted over at Total Battlefield 2 that the best unlockable is the Special Ops gun. It's basically a smaller version of the Assault unlockable, but lower recoil (higher accuracy), plus you still have C4. :badgrin:

For me, I like playing Medic, but then I will be rewarded for blowing up the enemy's sat and what not with the Special Ops, so . . . I don't know what I want. What does it matter anyway, unless the patch gives me my next rank I probably won't see it for a looonnnng time yet anyway. :(

Been thinking about the regular Assault gun. I think you are right about the grenade launcher. Been enjoying the upgrade, but might try the original for comparison.

Regards,
TactS!
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:04 pm

Due to my stupidity/senility I have lost my account,with BF2
No matter I have gone back to the ranks with a song in my heart.
I'm not sure of the protocol here perhaps someone in charge of this outfit could provide an opinion but I have taken the opperchancity to change my nick to FI-SCOTTY,only on BF2.
This will grow our presence on the servers,not by much, but every little kinda helps.
Suffice to say Gamespy,and EA could give a rats ass for anyone foolish enough to lose their password.
Anyways I get to change my upgrade :D .
Tact nice one on the mouse view.
Semper Fi
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:35 pm

Congrats on your promotion, TactS! ^:)
Ok, patch is suppose to be released in early October. As you no doubt have read, it looks very promising.
Good... i heard that new patch gives you a chance to change your nickname... I could remove some of those 7 j-letters, behind my name :lol:

I wonder if they change the TK-punish system... It kinda sucks at the moment...

So, how do you like your new weapon? G3?

"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:06 am

I like your signature, especially all those pretty awards. You actually earn them Sapper? ;) And yes I'm jealous!

Yes, they said they have changed the way Team Kills will be handled. Why not just get rid of them completely?

Someone asked about profiles - I created two profiles so far. My first was -FI-TacticalS! (and -FI-TacticalMatt). Wouldn't accept the :FI: handle. Gurb is mentioning this issue with regards to Warclouds btw.

Anyway, my stats seemed so awful that I created a second virtual soldier using my old stratgey gamer ID TacticalSkirmish.

With the patch I am suppose to be able to keep my stats but be able to use several different prefixes (maybe -FI-TacticalSkirmish - too long? don't know yet).

Thanks for the comments about the mouse button assignment. Like anything good it was a stolen idea! :D I find it works great with a mouse sensitivity of 4 or greater in a tank (etc).

TS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:24 pm

Thanks TactS! Altough it´s not quite finished yet... i´m still working on the code, to make it perfect... I never thought making a stats-sig could be so damn difficult...
You actually earn them Sapper?
Well, those are all pretty basic awards... I was more impressed of your awards/ribbons... Didn´t you have that staff officer ribbon, and meritorous squad ribbon? Those aren´t easy to get.... Unlike my airborne ribbon... just be in the paruchute as long as 10 seconds, and it´s yours :lol:

"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:03 pm

Ok then me and a jet have a date to go parachuting. ;)
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:21 pm

Ok Tact own up..how do you get em, staff officer is that by being commander?
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Tjeez officers

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:34 pm

well lads,

congrats..

I played some time on BF2 but I'am just over half the way my first rank.??

what the f.ck do i do wrong #@#**&%$ I think i'ts about time to find another hobby i really suck in all of these games, but the thing is i like them so much..

PS.
ehh is there an other way to leave a plane , than by parachute ??? :-k #-o

bye

Du- feels sorry for himself -tch

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:59 pm

You're not going anywhere Dutch - we all love you too much mate. [-X

Just in case you didn't know, here's the present point system

http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf2/game/points/

the ranks,

http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf2/game/ranks/

how you earn badges,

http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf2/ga ... dges.shtml

medals,

http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf2/ga ... dals.shtml

and ribbons.

http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf2/ga ... bons.shtml

And I don't bother memorizing these things, I just play and trust something will come my way with regards to these rewards.

Dutch - have you messed around with your mouse/keyboard/joystick settings offline? Response time is always an evil necessity in these sorts of games.

Is your framerate nice and smooth? Is your connection to the servers good?

OK, want to get better stats? Stop running around on foot. :shock: Get into vehicles whenever possible. Tank is usually the best. Map those buttons I mentioned so you can check your six quickly. It takes 2 shots for an Anti-Tank soldier to kill you, only 1 shot for you to kill them. Do the math. :D

You want the kills you must engage the enemy. But don't charge right into the middle of the furball, always have an escape route.

Out of ammo? Don't reload in the heat of battle, pull out your pistol and finish the lad off and then take cover and reload.

Play with the different soldier kits. The Assault (IMO) is the best overall - good shooting distance, some protection, decent sprinting. I like the Support for tight city maps. Need some easy kills, hang back and kills folks with the Anti-Tank guy.

Most of all just have fun; it's only a game. :)

TS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:07 pm

It´s finally ready!

My über-cool sig.

Pretty nice, if you dont mind me saying so ;)

Behold!

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:17 pm

Hey I just realized - YOU'RE the dirty sniper Menace warned me about. [-( :D

Nice signature Sap!
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:16 pm

Yeah, i´m the guy everybody hates :badgrin:

though lately i´ve been practising assaulting.. it´s quite fun, but you tend to get killed very often... it´s bad for my stats ;)

I just had an exellent session... that grenade laucher is great! i get more kills with it, than with assualt rifle...

Hoo-ah!

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:43 pm

Good, sounds like there is hope for you after all. :lol:

The only thing I hate about the grenade launcher is when you are up against a wall you can't lob the grenade well.

-----

So here's my little story from a couple days ago. Was the Special Ops dude commanding my sorry little army. I was hiding under a porch at our main base. Things were progressing along when I realized that I was the very last soldier on our team. :shock: Darn, should have resigned and become a squad leader as the enemy held all our flags. :(

Anyway, using the sat I saw two guys coming my way from a BH. I kill both of them and reload. Shortly after another guy comes and I kill him. Now with no ammo I finish yet another guy with my pistol. Trying to flee the area and spawn my boys back into the game I head to the BH thinking no one else is around. Ok, there were still folks in the BH plus enemies in several vehicles parked next to the copter. Not surprisingly I died, but man for a while there I was Rambo. :badgrin:
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:17 am

Few days ago i was crossing a bridge, when enemy Humvee appeared on the other side of it... He started to accelerate, with an obvious intention to hit me whith his ride....

Well, when he was about 20 meters from me, i hit the deck, and the Humvee just rode right over me, without causing any damage...

After he went over me, and realised he hadn´t killed me, he stopped the vehicle to get his gunner a better chance of hitting me....

But it was too late, my 3 hand grenades blew up the humvee before he could fire a shot :D

Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:21 am

Has anyone unlocked a weapon?
Can you give me your opinion?
It's such a long slog from the first to the second unlock that I want to get it right.
I have heard various things andam currently looking at either the Spec/Ops,or the AT.