CH Fighterstick & CH Pro Pedals

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:18 pm

Hi Tact,

I have the CH Pro Pedals and I highly recommend them, but I think the the MS Force Feedback 2 stick is better than the non-force feedback CH sticks. I also think that the X45 and X55 throttles are better than the CH throttles because they have two trim knobs. If you do the decide to get a CH stick I'd buy your MSFF2 stick because I want a backup stick.

s!
Snoop
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:32 am

:FI:Snoop Baron wrote:Hi Tact,

I have the CH Pro Pedals and I highly recommend them, but I think the the MS Force Feedback 2 stick is better than the non-force feedback CH sticks. I also think that the X45 and X55 throttles are better than the CH throttles because they have two trim knobs. If you do the decide to get a CH stick I'd buy your MSFF2 stick because I want a backup stick.

s!
Snoop
So what do you do - disable the rudder control with MSFF2 and use the pedals I assume? Will look at those other sticks too. I agree that a CH FF stick would be ideal.

TS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Tactical queried...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:43 am

So what do you do - disable the rudder control with MSFF2 and use the peddles I assume?
I apologize to all for the incredibly poor communication from Tactical. (Remember he's from the Maritimes ;) )

I'll clear up the confusion.

He meant to write "pedals".

"Peddles" are what's left after a hard rain.

:D
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:30 pm

That's great mate that an older guy like you can still see the text on the screen. =D] [TacticalS! mumbles something]

Tact - "I corrected it already" - S! :D
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:10 pm

:shock: You want to borrow some Helo?

:lol:
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:32 pm

:lol: You old people crack me up.
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:57 pm

I am not amused :doubt:

;)
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:05 am

I use the Pro Pedals as well as the Pro Throttle. Love em both, although I still can't figure out why I can't map the toe brakes with the pedals. Oh well, well worth the money.

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:39 am

Tact - "looking to buy my kills with expensive gadgets" - S!
Forget it Tact...........hardware is never going to get you those 2 kills ;)

<runs>

p.s Here is my setup 8)

In case your wondering M8s the orange 'Enter' button gives 3 second warp drive.

Then the coloured buttons flash and a quasi Scottish accent declares 'Captain......she cannae tak it ony mair!' 8) 8) 8)
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:45 pm

Thanks that explains alot Gadje. :D

-----

Does anyone here use the X45 throttle and stick only? Can they comment on the performance of the stick, and also how well the rudder control works. Seems ideally pedals then a twist stick but maybe a finger control is better than twisty stick?

The X45 is relatively cheap - I mean - affordable right now, even up here in Canada. Definitely would give me a ton of buttons.

Still pondering.

-----

In the meantime I have re-mapped my keys and have rudder trim on the stick now which helps. And thanks to Murph I reset my joystick to DEFAULT settings which has also helped me (thanks Murph!). Before my settings were rather "snappy," which doesn't seem to work well for me in the new FM. :(

Then I saw that expensive Cougar setup. Any good? =P~
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:32 pm

Tact Ive used the x45 and it is good value. I still use the throttle which as Snoop pointed out is great having the hotas rotaries for trim.

The rudder rocker switch takes a bit of getting used to and you need quite large hands to reach the rocker comfortably.

A mate has the newer x52 which has twist stick instead and I really liked it. Found the joystick more accurate too and not so stiff. Its a bit more dosh but if you like twisties it might suit better (looks a bit StarWars to an old geezer like me).

Wife got me a Fighterstick for my birthday a couple of months ago :D
didn't like it at first :cry: no resistance compared to the Saitek.

But I'm used to it now....still think its a bit too pricey.

Ardmore (without realising it) has talked me into gettin a CH throttle once I persuade the wife that 2 Birthdays a year are the norm.

Actually that idea might backfire :?

Good shopping m8.
Fogold
Beginner

Post by Fogold » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:06 pm

I use all CH gear and it is excellent. If you can't reach the joystick hat, use the throttle one with your thumb. You'll get used to it.

DON'T get a Cougar!