Graphics in il2(any version)

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Graphics in il2(any version)

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:15 am

I've done a complete reinstall of il2 to 4.09 and the HSFX to 4.1, the problem is that everything up to now has resulted in the ingame text being unreadable even the loading screen, resulting in my "CTL, ALT, DEL" out of the game. Been and done all the supposed fixes on the main forums (UBI, SIMHQ), updated the drivers(plus hot-fixes). At this point in time all the games I play run fine, Arma2 and RoF, I'd like to particapate in il2, but not at the expense of thoses games, any help would be appreciated.

Vin
Last edited by :FI:Bluebell on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Re: Graphics in il2(any version)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:11 am

Ouch!

Sorry, Vin. Wish I could help on that one!

Maybe a re-install is on your horizon. :(
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:53 am

:FI:Ardmore wrote:I've done a complete reinstall of il2 to 4.09 and the HSFX to 4.1, the problem is that everything up to now has resulted in the ingame text being unreadable even the loading screen, resulting in my "CTL, ALT, DEL" out of the game. Been and done all the supposed fixes on the main forums (UBI, SIMHQ), updated the drivers(plus hot-fixes). At this point in time all the games I play run fine, Arma2 and RoF, I'd like to particapate in il2, but not at the expence of thoses games, any help would be appreciated.

Vin
Vin, I had the same troubles with IL-2 in the OpenGL mode even with the latest Radeon driver 9.12. I rolled back to 9.10 and now IL-2 looks clear and brilliant in OpenGL again ...

The ATI developers announced that IL-2 has got a memory leak - whatever that means - and that this issue has to be solved by the game developer. Doesn´t make any sense to me since IL-2 alway ran perfectly on my ATI-PCs in OpenGL ...

That´s an easy way to get rid of any kind of problem, isn´t it? #-o
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:32 am

from wiki-
"A memory leak or leakage in computer science is a particular type of memory consumption by a computer program where the program is unable to release memory it has acquired. A memory leak has symptoms similar to a number of other problems (see below) and generally can only be diagnosed by a programmer with access to the program source code; however, many people refer to any unwanted increase in memory usage as a memory leak, even if this is not strictly accurate."

where new memory is allocated frequently, such as when rendering the frames of a computer game or animated video

Sound to me like ATI are passing the buck as I doubt they have the source code for il2 or all the mods, and if their older drivers work ok ...

See here for fix- http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,2497.0.html

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:39 am

Hi,

I've read about the problem and also read that there is a Catalyst 9.12 hotfix that solved the problem and they did a workaround.

http://forum.sturmovik.de/index.php?top ... #msg351013

Does that help if you googletranslate?
Image ImageImage
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:19 pm

Thanks for the help guys, went with Franks suggestion and back to 9-10 drivers, that worked.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:44 pm

:FI:Sneaky_Russian wrote:See here for fix- http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,2497.0.html
Yes, that did the trick for my rig: Catalyst 9.12 hotfix + 9.10 atiloglxx.dll in the IL-2 main folder. Now I can run IL-2 in OpenGL again without having unreadable blocks where text should supposed to be. Can´t say if this has fixed my CTDs though ...

Anyhow, a big improvement in my ATI misery! :D

S'loot! ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image