IP problems

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Alex
Professional Boardie

IP problems

Post by :FI:Alex » Fri May 01, 2009 7:25 pm

I use ADSL so I have two adresses... Il-2 always use in conf.ini wrong adress :)
For example now:
[NET]
remoteHost=86.11.165.236
localHost=85.175.203.176
This is data from last session. Now I have differ IP, so, If I started it now without HL - Il-2 will not connect... When I flying with you I first start Il-2 through HL, HL corrects IP in Il-2's conf.ini then I exit HL (and Il-2 automatically shout down). Only after this long procedure I can run Il-2 and connect to Irish server. Of course I can type IP manually but it is longest for me.
Second problem is - when I start Il-2 (with or witout HL) it started loading 100% but "not active" like frosen, then I press hot windows "start" button on the keyboard => Il-2 goes down (sorry I don't know therm) and windows works OK but after trying to activate Il-2 (by mouse clicking on it at bottom of screen) it just disapears :? I tried to change general win res to Il-2 res before Il-2 start... it start more stable but anyway I need to make at least 2 starts... :( Usual version of Il-2 more stable.

Any suggestions?
Image Skype: alexander.deyneko
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Re: IP problems

Post by :FI:Mikester » Sat May 02, 2009 12:27 pm

Alex

If you have a dynamic IP this will automatically update the local host entry with the correct ip. this will only happen if you are trying to run a game online though!

Maybe when you try to run the game offline you are running the wrong il2fb.exe ? do you have more than 1? has something been messed up with all the mod crap?? most likely!

My advice to you is create a second copy on the game ie c:\program files\ubi\il2 without mods nice and clean!

then try run this copy of il2 off line.

If it works and im 100% sure it will, then its your mods causing the issues.

GL