A west coast Irishman with questions

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Chuggs
Beginner

A west coast Irishman with questions

Post by Chuggs » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:52 pm

First I'd like to say hi and I'm very impressed with your website and concept (so far). I live on the west coast in the USA and I'm wondering if being out here makes it difficult to hook up with you guys during your scheduled coops and missions. What time do you normally fly? I've been looking for you guys on Hyperlobby but never see the =FI= tag. Anyway, I just started playing IL-2 in November and have gone through the first two training classes at Joint-Ops. This is my first experience with a flight sim of any kind so, needless to say, I'm still learning how to stay alive and I don't exactly put up astronomical numbers on HL. If there are any U.S. members here who would enjoy sharing their expertise some evening, I'll take all the help and advice I can get....especially when it comes to combat techniques. Anyway, hope to meet you guys some time soon if the schedule thing works.
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Re: A west coast Irishman with questions

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:53 am

Hi Chuggs,

Around noon your time on Sundays for the BIG show. I think they are flying on Wednesday and Friday evenings should be 6 or so Kali time IIRC.

Have to get with one of the guys that flies more regular than I do and see what version of what mod they are currently using.

Slan'
Willie
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Chuggs
Beginner

Post by Chuggs » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:32 pm

Thanks Willie. BTW I too am only about an hour away from Dublin (California!). Okay...so hopefully someone will get in touch with me so I can find out the details about joining the group on HL and hookin' up on teamspeak.
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:14 am

Hi Chuggs

Surprised no one has other than Willie has given you the tour. Well let me first welcome you to the Forum, I'm Sacktime and in noway am I important, other than just being a member of the Fighting Irish Squadron. But here it goes.

The Bar is over there, it is a honor system you replace what you drink, beers/ shots go for ...... wait (turns card over) ah yes new forum stuff. Sorry about that.

We here at the FI generally fly on Wednesday afternoons/Friday nights and on Sunday afternoons, yet as of lately we have been mostly flying on Wednesdays and Sundays at around 7:00pm GMT, you can find us, well some of us on HL under the =FI= prefix.

We are generally a 4.08m group but for the last 6 months or so we have been playing IL2 1946 4.09b1m (modded). You can get everything you need in one simple down load at All Aircraft Arcade.

Look for the Unified Installer, It is big but trust me downloading this and installing it over a clean IL2 1946 patched to 4.08m is allot easier than what a few of us had to go through to get it to work, It comes with a convenient game version switcher so don't worry your original 4.08m isn't gone for ever.

If you read this and are still curious just respond and someone will PM you our Team speak info.

Cheers and welcome again to the FI forum :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

......Ah who left the back door open to the club houseevery time I show someone around....
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:33 am

:FI:Sacktime wrote:... I'm Sacktime and in noway am I important ...
Not important?!

You're our token Canadian!

Every squadron is required by law to have at least one. If we didn't, our Belgian beer delivery would be cut by half!

Welcome Chuggs. I sent a PM a while back.

See you there,

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Chuggs
Beginner

Post by Chuggs » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:13 am

Thanks for the welcome and the info. guys. I do have the installer/ switcher loaded and ready.
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:09 am

Good job, Chuggs!

Cya Sunday!
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x