SEOW invitation friday 21:00 GMT from 69.GIAP

Dates, News and Comments
=69.GIAP=MALYSH

SEOW invitation friday 21:00 GMT from 69.GIAP

Post by =69.GIAP=MALYSH » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:12 pm

Hi everyone :)

New here, part of the 69.GIAP sq (did the name give it away?) and I'm setting up a campaign time on fridays at 21:00 GMT. The first should (hopefully) start soon, as a Midway SEOW campaign. This one should be short and a nice trainer for our new admin/commanders. After that, in the same slot, we'll move to the MTO.

I'd like to invite the FI to participate in these campaigns. I'll post the rules for Midway if there is interest. The gist is that it's modded, we use the HSFX mod (and we'd like everyone to use the same one, not the AAA UI) with the advanced engine mod enabled. The 69.GIAP will be flying on the Japanese side against an Italian coalition of squadrons. We're looking at medium numbers so far, hopefully around 10-15 per side per mission with extra AI. 64 player mod enabled.

Are you fine bunch of celts interested?
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Re: SEOW invitation friday 21:00 GMT from 69.GIAP

Post by :FI:Genosse » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:23 pm

Welcome to the boards, Malysh! ;)

I´d like to volunteer to patricipate on those campaigns since the time seems to fit for me ... so I´ll try to be there tomorrow. :D

Cheers, m8! ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:26 pm

Count me in also though I may need to be pointed to the "HSFX" and advanced engine mods mentioned.

Wardog ^:) :beer:
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:32 pm

HЗLLФ! ШЭ CДÐËœ ЯЗДD УФЦ. CДÐâ„¢ ЧФЦ ЯЭДD ЦS? GФ Ð”HЗДD.
Image ImageImage
=69.GIAP=MALYSH

Post by =69.GIAP=MALYSH » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:40 am

Good news :D

Thanks for volunteering, the campaign should be ready in a few weeks if everything goes according to plan.

Here are the mod instructions and readme from our forums:

There is now a version 3 release of the History SFX mods, to be downloaded from filefront.com rather than from the ftp site (which is badly overloaded).

Here is a "cut and paste" of the readme file, but images didn't transfer, of course.

The readme is titled: Download - Full Mod (HSFX) release Version 3.0 and seems to be a copy of a posting in a forum that I have not been able to read yet... probably a secret forum at http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2.

It was posted by "Prof", site admin.

Installation Instructions - Download

Step 1.) Download the Full (HSFX) Mod release Version 3.0 Installation Package.

This is a very large download, as it contains all of the content released from June 2008 until now, Jan 15, 2009. There are five files to download :

"Full_Release_V3.part01.exe" - 477 Mb.
"Full_Release_V3.part02.rar" - 477 Mb.
"Full_Release_V3.part03.rar" - 477 Mb.
"Full_Release_V3.part04.rar" - 477 Mb.
"Full_Release_V3.part05.rar" - 44 Mb.

You will need to place all five files in one folder to run the install, they are actually one large file, that has been split into five files to assist in downloading.

Each of the files can be downloaded via the links below ;

Full_Release_V3.part01.exe - http://files.filefront.com/Full+Release ... einfo.html

The hash sums, used to check for a corrupted download, for this file are ;

MD5 - 6dc5a6934aa442b1c3dc1074d594eabe
CRC32 - 9c76ebc0

Full_Release_V3.part02.rar - http://files.filefront.com/Full+Release ... einfo.html

MD5 - f9a2896e7cafb853afbacd1747707170
CRC32 - b89cd037

Full_Release_V3.part03.rar - http://files.filefront.com/Full+Release ... einfo.html

MD5 - 9bcfee168a94d3c734f4076ad00a0846
CRC32 - d00ed203

Full_Release_V3.part04.rar - http://files.filefront.com/Full+Release ... einfo.html

MD5 - b96f67d06d4b22e091d942cd2f4a62a0
CRC32 - ef988942

Full_Release_V3.part05.rar - http://files.filefront.com/Full+Release ... einfo.html

MD5 - fe182052cd25beb01d49daf24343e493
CRC32 - 1ffce591

Note : If you have problems with the install, start a new thread in the Mod forum for the problem. This post is locked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 2) The Installation.

Once you have download all the files, execute the "Full_Release_V3.part01.exe" file by either double clicking on it, or right click and “open” it.

Just follow the instructions on screen, it’s very simple.

You should be very careful to set the path in the opening screen. Browse to, and select the folder where your IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 installation is. Make certain this is correct, this is where the Mod will be installed. Otherwise it will create the folder it has displayed and install the files there, and the Mod will not work.

Once the install is complete, you need to run JSMGE.exe to install the Mod into IL-2. It will be copied to your IL-2 root directory. This program installs and un-installs the Mod into IL-2.

You will see the screen below. See the instructions in red.

Note 1 : If you downloaded IL-2 (Digital version), instead of installing from the CD.

If you have a digital download version of il2 you will need to to download and apply this patch :- http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3302 This should be the first thing that you do.

Note 2 : You can install the Mod over IL-2 version 4.08 or IL-2 version 4.09.

This mod is based on 4.09b and will automatically update your il2 install to this version, regardless of what your version is, i.e. version 4.08 or version 4.09.

This patch is required so that your version will pass the Security check on the 102nd. Server when you join it.

Note 3 : PERFECT textures-ON- remove from MODS folder to disable:-

By default the installer adds all the Perfect mode Map Textures, within your il2 Stutrmovik 46 MODS folder. There is no need to enable it with JGSME whilst this is in your MODS folder, it will automatically be ON.

The effect of this is to retexture most of the original maps with new high rez textures from 4.09. It looks beautiful but you HAVE to run il2 in PERFECT graphic settings with Hardware Shaders ON for it to appear correctly.

If you have a PC that struggles with PERFECT setting, go into your il2 Sturmovik root folder, find the Folder MODS and MOVE this folder outside of the MODS folder or add a - in front which will disable it.

Your game remains compatible with others who are running the textures but the older maps will look ordinary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Languages:-

(you can get some different GUI languages now from AAA without affecting compatibility if you wish, so if you wish to see menus in another language look here :-
http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=59 )

Intention

This is a ‘unified’ set of additions that have been tested and work well together.

Providing all player use the same it is possible to play on servers with Checkruntime =2 enabled. So that we have security and also know that others are playing with similar set up.

IF you download & add other components or in other ways alter the content of your own install you will quickly no longer have an identical install to others or the co-op servers and you will loose the ability to join in our missions there.

This remains a WIP and if you notice anything that it may be possible for us to improve or incorporate, please post on the relevant forum.

Content

Sound: -

Switch your in game sound to 22Khz !!!

The game will run fast and sound good. There is no advantage whatsoever in choosing 44Khz although you have the option (unlike usual Soundmod versions which CTD).

Samples are 22 khz. mono and the presets use the SFX 0.8 system. (So this is the SFX system using 9.3-file structure & naming for maximum compatibility.)

In my view this is the most resource friendly and directional way that you can run the sound. Its faster and clearer and uses less system resources,
This sounds & runs faster than soundmod 9x because that uses 44khz stereo samples which are nearly 4 times the size, il2 was never intended to play stereo samples anyhow and it doesn’t do it very well, il2 was written to use mono samples to create a 3d ‘stereo’ soundscape.

A 22 khz sample is of slightly lower quality however very few people are actually able to tell this difference and what you are hearing in il2 anyhow is a complete ‘soundscape’ and not just a single sample.

(by SG2_Wasi)

GUI changes

Old style game menus and graphics. (Fly Zo)

FMB+

Full mission Builder Plus by (FC). Increased functionality for map builders.

QuickMissionBuilder+ (FC)

This gives many more old and new maps in the QMB and has some nice new features (eg Target:- Scramble mission ! )

***Important*** Add the following lines to the bottom of your Conf.ini:-

[quick]
Custom0=NWEurope
Custom1=MTO
Custom2=Bessarabia
Custom3=SlovakiaWinter
Custom4=TheSlot
Custom5=ItalyAfricaGreece
Custom6=Sinai
Custom7=Channel
Custom8=Midway
Custom9=Murmansk
Custom10=StalingradWinter

Not all of the maps have all target options available as yet. If you wish to add them, look in Files/Missions/Quicks at the mission templates and you can see the format to make them.

To add a new map you have to add another conf.ini entry and have the minimum 2 XXRedNone00.mis XXBlueNone00.mis in your Files/Missions/Quick folder.

64 Player co-op (FC)

64 Player co-op functionality.

Bomb Bay Doors v2 (Fireball)

All aircraft with Bomb bay doors have to open their Bomb bay doors. Map this new key in your control.

Adds new key combinations if you so wish

Also controls specific server side views .

See enclosed BombBayDoors_Plus_v2_README.txt and make SURE that you map a key to Open/Close Bombay doors.

6do MOD for TIR users (Shr)

This is included but you have to enable it using JGSME like the mod itself. Turn it off currently to join the co-op servers.

Advanced engine management:-

This is OFF after installation, you can enable and disable it like 6do using JGSME.
This is for players to test .

What this does:-

Engine warm up sequence:-

Ensure that you have turned magnetos on. Start engine and idle for several minutes until your engine gets up to temperature (about 50o C). If you do not do this, you will see an 'Underheat' warning and will suffer engine damage.

Advanced Engine Torque:-

Planes are effected a lot more realistically by engine Torque.

Neg G engine damage:-

Aircraft performing negative G manoeuvres over sustained periods will get an 'oil pressure' warning and then will start to suffer engine damage.
(although WWII aircraft often had pressurised fuel systems and injection, the same was not true for the oil systems.)

Advanced engine management does not directly change Olegs FM's. It creates an overlay in effect that implements the above features. We could add it permanently in the long run (which would be more efficient.) however this method gives us the opportunity to test and evaluate without permanent commitment.

Aircraft:-

Ai Planes made Flyable.

P36’s, MS 400’s , Me 210’s & a bunch of other aircraft ae made flyable by default, in addition I have added in the following:-

A5M4
AR-196A3
Avenger
B17 D,E,G
B24
B25’s
B29
B5N2 Kate & B6N2
Bf110 C4 & C4B
Blenheim MkI & IV
C47
DB3 Russian medium bombers
Fw200
G4M2 and Okha
Gladiator MkI & II
HS 129 (cockpit mk V by Ranwars & Chap)
H8K1
Ju52
Ki21 I & II
Ki46
Macchi 200 Mk I & 7
MBR-2AM34
Mosquito MKIV
Nemen R10
SB2M-100 & 103
Su2
TBF & TBM’s
U2VS

All but HS129 by PeaceLovinHippy & Lt.Wolf

New Aircraft.

Beaufighter Mk X
B29 Silverplate
Bf 110 G4
Me410’s
FW190_A3
FW190 D11 & D13, 1945
Spitfire MKI
Hurricane Mk IID
Mosquito XIV

Above by: -
Mr Jolly (Class editing)
Ranwers (Model Alterations and texturing)
Zeppo & Vpmedia (Skins)
Hunin (Flight Models)
Fatduck & DrJones (3d conversion)

(plus sometimes….Waggle Flushy, Zorin, Howlin)

FW190_A2
P36 A2 & Mowhawk IV
PBN5 Catalina
Spitfire MKXII

All by LAL_Josse

Tempest Series 1 & 2
These are ‘hybrids; of Josse’s Load outs, Hunnins FM’s and Chaps Class editing.

109 F1
190 D5 /Torp,3
I-15 M-22, 1934 & I-15 M-25, 1937 = Early fixed wheeled I15's.
I-16 Type 5, 1935, I-16 Type 10, 1937, I-16 Type 17, 1938, I-16 Type 18 (2xBS), 1939, I-16 Type 27, 1939,
I-16 Type 28, 1939
Yak7 Bubble top
Yak 3N
Bf-109E-1, 1939 (AHS integrations, Chap)
Bf-109G-10 orig, 1944
Bf-109G-14 orig, 1944
(correct weapons (no MK108 by default) and standard cannon
MG-151/20) (AHS integrations, Chap)

All by Blitz

Yak-1 PF, 1942
Yak-1 PF Light, 1942
Yak-1B early, 1942
Yak-9M early, 1944
Yak-9U early, 1944
La-5F early, 1942
Yak-9DD, 1944
MiG-3 field mod, 1941
HurricaneIIa, 1940
Spitfire Va, 1941

All by Chameleon

Lagg Series 1, 1941
Lagg Series 11, 1941
He-111H-16, 1943

All by By_Rudi

Cant Z 1007bis & Cant1007 Torp. (Model by Ranwars, Java by Chap.)
Breda Ba65
Reggiane2000
Hurricane 1b’s
SeaHurricane,
Beaufighter MKI (based on the above AAA model)
He-111H-21, 1944

All by Chap

Seafire MKII and MKII LF. (Veltro & Gitano)
Bf109 F2 & F4FB classes. (Veltro & Gitano)
Hurricane tropical versions (GCT_Veltro )
Bf109's G4 & G2t,G4t & G6t (tropical) versions.
(Ranwars:- Tropical filter , GCT_Veltro Classes, Chap AHS integration)

Ju88A4 Torpedo variant. ( 6S.Maraz , _1SMV_Gitano , char_aznable)
TBM-1 Avenger, 1942. ( 6S.Maraz , _1SMV_Gitano , char_aznable)

DH82A TigerMoth (Ranwars & Kumpel)

RWD8 2.0 (Ranwars)

Plane Cockpit retexturing: -

Hurricanes & Spitfires (Avala)

B29 New cockpits (Ranwars)

Mosquito Cockpits retextured (Fly Zo)

P40B & C retextured (bolox...his nickname …)

P47’s (Taurus & Poncho)
Retextured P47 engine & wheels external (Thirdeye)

P51DNA Cockpit retextured. (Freddie)

Blenheim Cockpits (Chap)

F6F Cockpits retextured. (Fly Zo)

i16 Cockpit (VP-Media, instruments by Mangas)

Yak 1 Cockpit (Mangas)

U2VS New Cockpit (AAA_Kumpel, Ranwars, Mr Jolly )

Fw190’s (Capt Flushgarden)

109’s (Freddy)
109 wing holes repaired and 109 F4 Mistel derivative (Hun in the sun)
New wheel textures on 109’s and 190’s (Capt Farrell)

Ju87 & He111 (der-blaue-max)

MC200 Cockpits corrected. (Veltro & Char Aznable)

Ki61 (mane)

A6M5a (Der Wurstenfuchs)

Ki-84b & c (200th Sakagawa)

Updated and Improved Aircraft:-

All AI aircraft made flyable aircraft have enhanced FM’s, usually this is just the addition of glide and stall characteristics and revised weight and wing area data wherever appropriate…although in some cases it has had to be more exhaustive. (eg most of the 4 engine Heavies)

We have also worked up the FM’s of some of the new aircraft when we have thought them to be wildly wrong. (eg the Me410 was way off research data.) This is a constant WIP. Olegs player FM’s are sacrosanct of course. (The HSFX team)

There has been a lot of incremental improvements to a whole variety of things , this is difficult and takes a lot of time and should be listed but to remember even a fraction of it…..

Changed cockpits in Ki46 & Nemen R10 (Chap)

TBM 3 & TBF updated to be consistent with TBM1 (Chap)

U2VS cockpit updated (Ranwars)

Bomber gunner positions correctly named wherever possible in net code. (Chap)
Updated gunner positions in most of the AI made flyable bomber. (Chap)

Fire extinguishers added to the US heavies. (Chap)

B5N2 and B6N2 reworked, better FM, reasonable rear gunner position. (Chap)

Bf110G4:- sight for the upward firing cannon & Radar. (Maggot & Ranwars)
Given its proper date & designation (Ulrich)

Blenheim Glass Nose and Norden (BY_Rudi)

Luftwaffe Ordinance:- Highly detailed bombs (Zorin)
Japanese Ordinance mod (JG53 Badger)

Gun sights & Mirrors: -

FW190 Bar removed (Fucida)
Spit Vc cockpit position lowered (Total spoon, Veltro & Gitano, Chap integration)
Macchi 202 reticule correction
Zero cleaned reticules (Fly-Zo)
F6F F5 & Hellcat Mirror ( PeaceLovinHippy)
P51D’s mirror added (PeaceLovinHippy & Lt Wolf)
MkII gyro gun sight for Spits 44+ ( Mr Jolly)
Askania gyro gun sight added to Ta-183 ( Mr Jolly)
New Gun sights for P47’s (Poncho)
P38 Gun sight improved (Poncho)

New Effects: -

High Rez oil blotch (Avala)
New Gunfire flash Effects 2.1 (Vpmedia)
Improved Tracers (ZG2Rainer Zufall)
New Fire effects & Realistic Blackout (Fly)
Landing lights that no longer shine through wing. (nightshifter)
Destruction mod makes some static objects tougher (eg trees and destroyed ones are now replaced by stumps) and also makes ships guns destructible (FabianFred).
Nav lights Dimmer & off for ai at night
Takeoff dust much reduced

Lots of smoke and dust effects & damage and destruction effects refined. In some cases we have actually removed stock effects to speed up performance in specific circumstances.

New Default Skins:-

support planes, floatplanes etc (skin pack 1)
B24’s &25’s
MS series
A20’s
P35’s
IAR 80’s
Hurricanes & PTO aircraft

Etc etc

By Vpmedia, Kristorf, Mongoose, Tchaika, Imme, Greg Boyington, CanonUK, RONNCO.

New Default Pilot skins by Elephant

Clouds & Wind: -

Flushy’s cloud Mod (superb !)
High altitude stratos (Vpmedia)
Low Cloud height Mod allows new settings in FMB

WindConfig add on allows setting of wind strength, direction and turbulence in missions (see read me in your il2 folder after installation)

New Maps:-

Mappack 2.3:- (Vpmedia)
Many old maps beautifully retextured.
You will see an unbelievable difference on many older stock maps as a result of this.

LAL_Kursk and LAL_Provkharovka (LAL_Rhone)
LAL_Crimea multiseasons (LAL_Rhone)

The Slot (Team pacific FA_Cheech etc)
LAL Okinawa Map (LAL_Rhone)
ffb_Thailand (FabianFred)
NTL_Darwin (Neil Lowe)
Midway (populated) (Panzerkeil)
Philippines 2.0 (delvpier)
(detailed Philippines location names:- 352ndOscar)

Kt-Channel DF map (Kapteeni)
Channel Map (Cannon)
Finsgulf (Kapteeni)
Finland Online (Kt) (Kapteeni)
Tab-Ardennes
LAL_Normandy 43 & 44 (LAL_Rhone)
Slovakia Winter map (may-bug)
Slovenia Map (Zuti)

Italy ,Greece, Africa (Redfox_69)
Sardegna (Redfox_69)
Malta (6S.Maraz)
Centralmed (6S.Maraz)
Libya North East (JV_69)
Sinai (delvpier)

New nations & Squadron:-

Gaston has added a lot of new nations and some squadrons for many existing nations.

Complete RA and 12th & 15th AF oob’s. (Veltro)

Following formations added to regiments for Russian front:- (Brandle & Chap)
VVS:-
43 BBAP 220 DBAP 221 DBAP 222 DBAP
15 OMRAP 118 OMRAP
514 PBAP
45 SBAP 46 SBAP 58 SBAP
Stab, I., II./SKG 210 for Barbarossa Bf-110's

Included with this are also speech packs for Italy, Spain & Yugoslavia.

***Only use the new nations and squadrons online when you are certain that all others also have them.***

Ground Objects:-

Ship pack 2: - Introduces a lot of new stationary and moving ships. (FC & Archie)

Tank Pack One (Chap)
Commonwealth:- VickersMKVI (mg tank) M3Lee Crusader CrusaderAAA (a 44 'Hobarts' funny )
Italy:- Fiat 13 & M15 Light tanks. Fiat M40 & M42 SPG's
France:- HotchkissH35 & RenaultR35 light Tanks. SomuaS35 Medium tank.

Many new tank textures (Boser.)

Tougher Bridges and Trains (Chap)

New Vehicles
FireEngine, FireTender. NAAFI wagon, RAF and new US Bus. Civilian Trucks and Cars. Fiat Truck (LAL_Rhone & Chap)

New columns types (Chap)

Columns and Trains updated to use new AAA types (Chap)

Extremely Tough coastal artillery emplacements (Chap)
Warning, the 15” guns can defeat a Battleship !

Edited armour values & speeds for many vehicles & tanks, a lot of small edits but all values are now in line with the data provided here:-
http://www.onwar.com/tanks/index.htm
(Chap)

Train Mod, trains retextured. (LAL_Rhone)
Hanger pack 2.0, over 100 new buildings (LAL_Rhone)
Fortifications mod (LAL_Rhone)

Infantry

(FC, Java, 3d Infantry model) and Chap (ini's and il2/SEOW integration) with skins by LAL_Rhone.

New Infantry types that move and fire.
These are not perfect but are optimised to work with the SEOW system.

Moving infantry for all nations are available under the new Infantry option in FMB in 1,2,3 & 4's.
(in seow you can set unit numbers to much higher and SEOW will break this up into divisibles for representation, watch the server load however, I found that a SEOW unit size of 12 looked great but reduced the server to its knees )

These will move and fire. At close range <100m's they will also use explosive weapons (representing bazooka's, Panzershrecks, Grenades and Satchel Charges.) so they do have some capability against Tanks and other hard armoured vehicles.

Panzer grenadiers are an 'Elite' type and should perform a little better on average.
US infantry have slightly more explosive power than average, Japanese lack explosives.
Other types perform similarly except for appearance.

Stationary infantry are available separately under 'Artillery'.
(this category of infantry only fire small arms and unfortunately, when hit, can explode or burn with a smoke pyre like all other stationary artillery types in game...) (included as vital for SEOW but for mission builders, you may find it preferable not to use the artillery version).

Infantry must be moving to launch their assaults using explosives.

*** Net code problem****

The infantry work offline and in some circumstances online but there is a problem with them and il2's security check EVEN if the host is not running Checkruntime.

Offline you can use them fine.

Online you cannot join a mission containing infantry and get a Checkruntime=1 error.

However if players have already joined the host (before a mission containing infantry)..and the host then switches to the mission containing infantry it works ok. So this is a workaround if you want to experiment.

This is not ideal and we are currently looking for a fix.

Mission naming:-

The underlying il2fb.exe is Russian although all of the menus have been changed to English (or whatever you chose under language).

For this reason if you wish to play old missions you must rename the mission properties files:-

Eg
brilliantmission.mis
briliantmission.properties would be your mission.

Change the missions properties files to:- brilliantmission_ru.properties and you will then get the briefing s back in English.

Dgen offline campaigns:-

These have been fully updated by (Potenz for the mod) and (enjoyr integration of commercial and user made campaigns). You have to have bought the user made material or you may hear a beep and it will not run.

There are a huge amount of skins available for the above but these are not included, you can get these from Mission4Today website under enjoyr Dgen campaigns .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Certainly many more people are involved than those I have listed.
There is a lot of collaboration and cross co-operation necessary to produce all of this work.

If you read this and feel that you should be included, then please communicate.

To get more information you should visit ALL AIRCRAFT ARCADE: -

http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/index.php
=69.GIAP=MALYSH

Post by =69.GIAP=MALYSH » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:46 am

aaaand here are the rules:
(copy you 5/5 Airway, go ahead)

Midway, v1.5

Attempts have been made to keep this campaign mostly historically accurate, concessions have been made for the sake of fairness, simplicity and game play. It is geared to be a fun and easily manageable short campaign with a clear objective in mind – annihilate your opponent!

MAP: Midway - 4th June 1942 (1300)- 4 June 1942 (1700)

1) There will be no resupply and no reserves during this campaign.
2) Air missions will start every hour on the hour starting at 1300, though the server will run for 1:30 each time, and missions may be planned accordingly.
3) Initial points value of equipment will not be even, to reflect historical starting points. It is hoped that the superior survivability and bombload of the US bombers, the inclusion of Midway as a viable base and the fewer per-ship Japanese plane numbers will even the odds.
4) There will be no clear objective, so as not to end the campaign too soon (objective: midway) or make it too hard to win (should one fleet go very deep into hiding) but common sense will be used to collectively decide the winner at the end of the campaign.

Territorial Control

The US will control Midway.

Days and times

Start date: (hopefully Friday 13th)
Mission planning completed: Thursday night
Mission built: Friday
Missions flown on Fridays at 2100 GMT

The Combatants

The Japanese fleet will consist of:
1 battleship (IJN Battleship generic)
3 light cruisers (Rus Kirov light cruiser)
4 carriers (IJN Akagi, IJN Shokaku, IJN Zuikaku, IJN carrier generic)
4 destroyers (4x IJN Kagaro DD, 1941)
4 troop ships ( 4x dry cargo ship)

Each troop ship will have:
3x Type 1 APC Ho-Ha
1x BA-10
1x Type 95 Ha-Go

Additionally, the Japanese fleet will start with 5 recon seaplanes attached to it. H8K1

The US fleet will consist of:
3 carriers (USS Lexington, USS Saragota, USS Essex)
1 cruiser (Rus Aurora)
8 destroyers (4x USS Ward DD, 4x USS FLetcher DD)

On each Japanese carrier will be 30 AC. 12 fighters, 8 dive bombers and 10 torpedo bombers.
On each US carrier will be 36 AC. 14 fighters, 16 dive bombers and 6 torpedo bombers

The Midway garrison will consist of:
10 F2A-2 fighter planes
14 SBD dive bombers
3 B-17D level bombers
7 PBN Nomad recon planes
7x 0.50cal MG
5x 25mm AAA
5x 85mm AAA
4x bunkers
4x 45mm ATG/1938
3x 76mm ZIS-3

All artillery within sandbag emplacements.

Japanese fighters - A6M2-21
Japanese diver bombers - D3A
Japanese torpedo bombers - B5N2
Japanese recon planes - H8K1

US fighters - F4F-4
F2A-2
US dive bombers - SBD-3
US Torpedo bombers - TBM-3
US level bombers - B17D
US recon planes - PBN Nomad

The US fleet will start 15 grid squares from Midway, between the NE and E lines.
The Japanese fleet will start 10 grid squares from Midway, between the NW and W lines.

Amphibious landings:

"troop ships" must be within one "control radius" of shore, at which point commander may unload troops onto the shore. Landing craft will be omitted for the sake of simplicity.

Due to the lack of a road network we will be using the SIMPLE ROAD movement model of SEOW.

Skins

If non-default skins are desired for either side, the appropriate commander will provide the admin a “skin pack” no later than one week prior to the campaign launch date. These skins will be zipped and provided to the pilots. It’s fairly important for each pilot to have these packs installed to control instances of lag and other hiccups.

Important

Duration of mission – 90 min- max, any pilots not landed by then will be given 5 min to do so or admin will terminate the mission. This is will only be done in case of abuse.

* All aircraft must take off and land on the map.

Missions & Movement

Air - up to 30 missions may be planned per turn, counting both human piloted and AI piloted missions.

Naval - All naval assets may be moved.

No ground movement is allowed except should the Japanese fleet launch their invasion of Midway, at which point they will be allowed 6 missions per turn. US ground positions can be considered fixed and entrenched, and not able to move.

Loadouts

1) The B-17D cannot take the 4x1000lb loadout.
2) Recon planes (H8K1 and PBN Nomad) cannot take bombs or torpedos
3) The TBM-3 can only take a torpedo or 2x500lb bombs, to simulate the bombload of the TBD.
4) The B5N2 cannot take any bomb larger than 500kg, not including the torpedo.
5) The A6M2-21 cannot take the 250kg bomb

Bailing out/ Staying in game

Any pilot that is forced to bail out or is killed MUST LEAVE THE MISSION as soon as his/her pilot or plane hits the ground! There is no reason for anyone to stay ‘IN GAME’ after they have been shot down, apart from the fact that they can give information to their team. Pilots on both sides must refrain from this and leave within 1 min, officers on both sides will enforce this rule.
However, players should not leave the mission UNTIL their pilot has reached the ground and their plane has crashed. Dissappearing planes are never fun.

Miscellaneous game parameters and rules

1. Aircraft placement on airfields will be at 75%.

2. Ship rate of fire will be 10. (10%)

3. Factories, trains and supply tracking will not be used in this campaign.

4. The entire campaign will be played on version 4.09b1m, using the HistorySFX mod pack, v3.0. No other modpacks may be used, this includes the AAA UI. 6DOF OFF and advanced engine mod ON.

5. Recording .ntrks or using any other program (i.e. Il2 MLR) or device that record the relative positions of aircraft, whether friendly or enemy, is expressly forbidden. Any pilot caught doing so will be dealt by his/her commander.

6. Front lines will not be active.

7. AI set to Veteran (else they suck)

Punctuality & restarts

Everyone is responsible for punctuality. Some pilots have time constraints - waiting 5 minutes more for that last player may mean you lose one or two other players who have been waiting for a half hour. Each game will start loading at 2100 (GMT), the server will launch when everyone has "hit fly", but no later than 2130 (GMT).

We try to limit restarts. However, if both Commanders (or their representatives) can agree, a restart will be initiated. However, once the mission has been in progress for 5 minutes a restart normally will not be conducted. We will restart then only in the case of a catastrophic technical problem knocking out multiple players.

Finally and most importantly, lets all use common sense. Cheating will not be tolerated. If either side believes that this has occurred please bring to the attention of the appropriate Commander, and give that Commander an opportunity to deal with the situation.
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:59 am

Thanks for the links to the HSFX mod ;)

I should be able to get it up and running before we are due to take off. Will the Advanced Engine mod already be enabled or is there something we have to do before hand to get it running?

Wardog
=69.GIAP=MALYSH

Post by =69.GIAP=MALYSH » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:58 pm

the advanced engine mod is part of the HSFX mod but can be disabled if needed, as can the 6DOF mod and a few others, though a mod enabling thingimabob (techincal term)
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:35 pm

Just tried to download the HSFX mod and got loads of page can not be displayed errors after starting the second part. The first part started to download but was showing it was going to take three days and that is with my 2mb connection LOL Me thinks they have some problems there ;)

I'll give it another go a bit later but if the same then you will have to count me out for tonight :(

Wardog
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:57 pm

Alright!

After downloading the HSFX mod I creates a copy of my IL-2 installation and installed it. Looks neat to me ... some new sounds and some new planes in it I haven´t known so far from the AAA UI package. I think I like the advanced engine mod ... I´ve never heard anything of "underheat" so far but it seems to be plausible to me ...

As I´ve already said I´ll try to online tonight at 2100 GMT/2200 CET ... ;)

Image Image
=69.GIAP=MALYSH

Post by =69.GIAP=MALYSH » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:19 pm

there is nothing tonight. Like the rules say, I'm hoping to start on the 13th
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:43 pm

=69.GIAP=MALYSH wrote:there is nothing tonight. Like the rules say, I'm hoping to start on the 13th
If I could read more cautiously only ... :(

:lol: ;)

Rgrt! March 13th, 2009 it´ll be then ... :)

Image Image
:FI:Moe
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Moe » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:35 pm

Like Genosse this could be a time that suits me. I might be able to pull a few strings to fly one mission on fridays between 2100 and 2300 (and changing my new son). Would be great to get back in the air again. I'll see if my connection can handle downloading the mighty HSFX mod first. :)

Thanks for the invite Malysh! ^:)

Moe
=69.GIAP=MALYSH

Post by =69.GIAP=MALYSH » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:42 pm

hey guys, I'm sorry that I haven't kept you in the loop as much as I should have, work has been pretty crazy. The situation is that we've postponed the start of the campaign by a week, to the 20th. The deadline was a bit tight, nothing happens fast in Mother Russia unless there are comissars with loaded guns, and they seem to be short on ammo.

I was hoping to run a test mission tomorrow at the normal time to test setups and connections and such but the main english speaker on the enemy side won't be present so he's asked for another date. We might run 2, for convenience, but we'll see. I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks to Moe for giving me a PM reminding me of the stuff I haven't passed on.

Coms situation: 69.GIAP TS address is 193.138.215.48:8767 and the pass is "giap" (I think). We'd love to have you guys on coms, but if you're more comfortable in your own coms, we can live with that.

We've heard of the HSFX 3.1 upgrade, and some things look very nice (it's certainly got me interested) but many have only just gotten the HSFX3.0 pack so we'll only move once everyone is very much ready, and I'm honestly not sure when that will be, possibly not for this campaign. Better AI might be a huge boon though, so we'll see how that goes.

Extra mods, such as planeshine, is frowned upon. The point of the HSFX pack is that we know that what's on our screen is exactly the same as what's on everyone else's screen, it has the same security as an unmodded campaign (not enforced).
If you guys are certain that the mod you want is absolutely 100% aesthetic only and will have zero impact on performance, then I can just about live with it, but frankly I'd rather not. I'm too inexperienced with mods to say for certain what should be illegal and not, but I'm not prepared for this potential can of worms, so I'd appreciate a standard setup for now. On top of that we've got a new trainee admin who isn't equiped for mod problems or incompatibilities. As we gain experience, we might be able to explore more options.

Any other questions, or does that just about cover it?
:FI:Moe
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Moe » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:56 pm

Thanks for the update Malysh.

^:)

Moe