Last nights "Timeout" problem

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Last nights "Timeout" problem

Post by :FI:Nellip » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:12 am

Sorry about last night guys - some very weird s**t going on with my PC.

Every time I connected to Vin's server and got into the game, within 5-10 seconds I got timed out. I managed to fly on UK Dedicated 2 last night with no problem at all, so it seemed like it was server specific, or specific to a direct IP connection rather than through Hyperlobby? My Teamspeak also started to go weird on me, although I could hear the guys on red 2 fine all the time, none of the whispers to or from other channels worked at all. :?

The only thing different from last week, when I managed to connect and fly with no problems, was the new key bindings for TS and the fact that last week we flew on Frank's server rather than Vin's? I was wondering if the keys being bound in TS were also bound to commands in IL2 and this conflict caused the problem? Like I said, all a bit odd. I will try and connect on Wednesday if I can and see if it is OK without the whisper channels on TS, but if anyone has any ideas on this I am open to suggestions. :?
Olegs stalker

:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: Last nights "Timeout" problem

Post by :FI:Scott » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:33 am

Wierd one Neil,

I would expect you to have more problems connecting to Frank than Vin if it were Internet connection problems- distance is greater. We are assuming that the next time you try to connect to Franks server it will work- maybe not ?.

If you had a reliable connection to UKD2 it looks like a server related issues. First step would be to undo whatever you have changed since you last had a reliable connection and see if you can stop by on Wednesday to test.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Re: Last nights "Timeout" problem

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:53 am

F1-F4 are default Views in IL2; though wouldnt imagine that to be a problem.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)