Hello

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Walshy

Hello

Post by Walshy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:13 pm

Hi guys, my name is Walshy, I came here to register as per the procedure for applying and as Falcon replied to my application. As for myself, I am 37 years old and I live in Belfast, Norn Iron (Nothern Ireland and pronounced as spelt!!! :shock: :o :D :) :lol: :!: :?: We have a strange way speaking as well as a shockingly difficult accent to imitate; i.e Brad Pitt in the "Devils Own", shocking accent and bad movie!!)
Ahem ........... yes moving on, I am currently out of work at the moment and don't know when I'll be able to return as I suffer with M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis). In the past I have worked, amongst other things, as a printer, technician in a cd manufacturing plant, i.t. technician and ran my own business as a result of re-training myself for an i.t. qualification. I am married to a lovely woman for one year now, I love my mammy (goes without saying) and I love flying and IL-2. As of hobbies and interests I write poetry, making my own bread (I do cook, love it in fact), reading, drinking (I'm irish, come on) bird-watching, walking around historical towns and cities of europe (lots ooooing and aaaaaaaing concerning that one), history and anywhere a wikipedia link takes me to. I am totally nuts and completely sane. I have nothing to declare except my own genius, work IS the bane of the drinking masses, quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit and I'm trapped on this planet as I only came to read the parking meter!!! :shock: :o :? :lol:

"I am not young enough to know everything."
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: Hello

Post by :FI:Wardog » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:31 pm

Well what can we say apart from Barkeep mines a pint on his tab LOL. Welcome to the forums mate hope to see you in the clouds soon ;)

Wardog 8) :beer: :beer: ^:)
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:59 pm

Hello !

Send me a sixpack IRN-BRU please, as I can't get it here in Germany.
They don't even let me into the NAAFI stores here :doubt:

What about wainscoting, by the way?

Welcome to the forum,

Airway
Image ImageImage
Walshy

Post by Walshy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:13 pm

Ah yes .......................... the ah ........................... wainscoting. Well we have solid hemlock wood flooring in our house, but no panelling on the walls. Although I do contemplate my navel from time to time, if that and hemlock floor counts ........................

"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:40 pm

Walshy wrote:... I am totally nuts and completely sane. ...
Well, you're half way to qualifying as a member then.

Welcome to the Fightin' Irish forums Walshy! I see you have TeamSpeak started. We fly 4.08 unmod'd and 4.09something mod'd versions of the game. If you need any help with that, ask away in our "Tech" forum. Sunday ~7 GMT is our next big flyin' time. You can find =FI=Gadje, =FI=Mikester and a few others in HyperLobby throughout the week. That's a good time to check your rig, settings, versions, connection, etc and get more info about upcoming events.

Great first post, man. Cool interests. Just get that wainscoting thing fixed and you're ready to go!

Hope to see you 'round the tarmac soon,

=FI=Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:12 am

Burning Question...

Is your navel paneled?

It would qualify as Wainscoting. :)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Walshy

Post by Walshy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:45 pm

As I stated the floor is wainscotted so I hope that can count ............. Maybe I can make some panelling from the navel fluff, must get on with r&d* (wonder if i could get on to the Dragons Den with the result!) with that one!!!! :shock: :D :) :lol: :p :idea: =P~

*research and development

"I'm not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde.