Interesting weapon malfunction...

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Interesting weapon malfunction...

Post by Sapper-FIN » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:03 pm

I have seen a lot of weapon malfunctions during my career, but this was new... I dont know how did the shooter manage to do that...

Is it even possible to put the bullet in the magazine, pointing backwards? I dunno.. i have never tried :lol:

"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Mefisto
Forum Junky

Re: Interesting weapon malfunction...

Post by :FI:Mefisto » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:08 pm

#-o
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:16 pm

:shock: [-X

This could be dangerous for the gunner, couldn´t it?

:awkward:
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:21 pm

This could be dangerous for the gunner, couldn´t it?
Naw it was only dangerous for me, because i had to remove that bullet :lol: It was stuck pretty tight, so i had to put a pen inside form the "business end" of the barrel, and bang it with a hammer to get that bullet loose :?
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:00 pm

Naw, he's obviously using the wrong mod. Go back to the stock application and reinstall.

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:34 pm

Sure you can put bullets in a pistoll magazine backwards...but it would be pretty obvious... if the receiver stripped it off...it would look just like .....your photo!..... a pen down the barrel...hammer?....holy crap!...Sapper..do you still have all your fingers?
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:37 pm

it is almost hard to believe....how can anyone be such a brave ( ?? ) person to put the bullet backwards.....

Sabotage?

M
ImageImageImage
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:17 am

Sapper,

Browning HiPower Md 1935?
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:13 am

I can see how it can happen as that 9mm is pretty much the same diameter from the neck to the base and headspaces off the lip of the case. I'm surprised it didn't shove the bullet all the way into the case. I think I'd have used a wood dowel to get 'er out. ;)

Couple hundred K pistol rounds down range for me and I've never seen that type of malfunction either. :roll:
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:27 pm

Is it even possible to put the bullet in the magazine, pointing backwards? I dunno.. i have never tried

Sapper, I just finished a weapon range today and remembered your picture, so I grabbed a pistol and attempted to load a mag backwards, it can be done, as long as you jam another round the correct way ontop while holding the backwards round in with your thumb, otherwise (with our mags anyways) they pop out. I am amazed how far the round jammed into the barrel though.

That's as far as I took the experiment though, don't need to embarrass (a.k.a. make an a%$ of) myself in front to the troops.

Chimo!
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:53 pm

Naw, he's obviously using the wrong mod. Go back to the stock application and reinstall.
Well, i tied to patch to version 4.07 but that didn´t help :lol:
Browning HiPower Md 1935?
Yes it is, Igor. Or actually it´s made by FN.. is it the same? Luckily we´ll have Sig Sauer´s pretty soon.. Sig was my sidearm in the A-land.. I fired about 2000 rounds with it, and never had any problems. Those FN´s we got (in the training use)are so old that they tend have all kinds of malfunctions..

The most bizarre malfunction with FN i have seen and experienced was (i dont know what it is in english, but straight translation is:) Uncontrollable fire.. Which means that once you pull the trigger, the weapon empties the magazine in a one long burst.. Even if you take your finger off the trigger, it doesn´t stop.

Sounds amazing, but it´s true... Back in the military college, we were at the pistol range, and suddenly one of our guys had that kind of malfunction in his gun.. Of course we all had to try it :lol: :lol:
Sapper, I just finished a weapon range today and remembered your picture, so I grabbed a pistol and attempted to load a mag backwards
I wonder what your troops must have thought if they saw what you were doing?? :lol:

So you´re in the service too, Sacktime?
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:45 pm

Yes, I am a Combat Engineer I figure you are in the same field by your handle "Sapper", this acronym is the same we use to describe our profession. As for the troops I ensured they were all busy doing constructive things while I messed around with this reverse bullet experiment. I've seen hard extractions due to the barrel being so hot the casing heated up and wedged itself into the barrel but I've never seen what you experienced, I assume the individual responsible was sorted out :badgrin:
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:37 pm

Yes, I am a Combat Engineer I figure you are in the same field by your handle
I chose that handle because years ago i had to pick a handle fast for some net-game.. I did used to be a combat engineer, but that was when i was doing my national service, as a conscript... I was 17 when i enlisted, so that´s.... omg... 12 years ago(!!)... Time goes by so fast... pretty frustrating :|

:D

Couple of years after my national service, i desiced that i want a profession where i can boss people around (Naw, that wasn´t the real reason :lol: ) so i applied to the national defense college and.. To make long story short: I´m in a signal corps now. Or actually i´m not... I was trained at the army´s signals school, but nowadays i´m in the Finnish Rapid Deployment Force (FRDF), which is trained for operations outside Finnish borders... That wasn´t such a short story after all...
As for the troops I ensured they were all busy doing constructive things while I messed around with this reverse bullet experiment.
What a funny way to put that :lol:
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:35 pm

Any news on those pics of the lady in the adult entertainment Sap?

It's been a while, I think I might of got some of that wrong...

brilliant thread by the way!

NC
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:57 pm

brilliant thread by the way!
Thanks NC! ^:)
Any news on those pics of the lady in the adult entertainment Sap?
Naw, as you can imagine, she wasn´t exactly the "future mrs Sapper"-type of girl :oops: :lol: