A Request

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: A Request

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:21 pm

Feel free to use anything on the site that I've done, not sure how much is left since the new BB. But, anything you come across you're welcome to use. I could also send you some of my composite images I've done with FI planes and pilots...

Noter
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:52 pm

:FI:Noter wrote:Feel free to use anything on the site that I've done, not sure how much is left since the new BB. But, anything you come across you're welcome to use. I could also send you some of my composite images I've done with FI planes and pilots...

Noter

Whoa!

Say "Yes!" to that Wardog. Noter's stuff is FANTASTIC!!!!

~~~

I still have NO flippin' idea how to make a web page. Helo has given plenty of space to me and dozens of tutorials, but I still have no clue how to get started.

Great job so far,

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:28 am

Cheers guys glad you all like it so far. Falcon I know you have been doing the recuitment for the squadron and thought it may be a kind of recruiting page if I can get it up to spec as a kind of conribution to the team sort of thing :D

Noter I never say now to more images and stuff to use so please feel free to drop me anything you can to my email :D

Wardog :beer: :beer:
:FI:Moe
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Moe » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:56 am

Hi Wardog,

I have tons of webspace and bandwidth and I'd be happy to let you have some.

Plus, it's ad-free.

I have a bit of experience with websites and webhosting and would be happy to help.

At the moment your images aren't working on the "Live" site because their "src" attribute is pointing at a location on your machine which they cannot access from the internet. The solution is to change all the src attributes to locations relative to the file that they are in and upload the images to your webhost.

Example:
Your file is called test4.htm and in it you want to have an image called logo.jpg which is physically located in a folder called images which is in the same folder as test4.htm. Your relative src attribute would then be "./images/logo.jpg". The "./" tells the web server to start looking in the same folder as test4.htm then "images/" leads the server to look in the images folder and finally "logo.jpg" would be the file to read.

For everything to work as it does on your machine you need to replicate the file and directory structure of your website exactly.

If you're interested in the webspace and/or some free tech. support then drop me a pm and we can talk there.