48hours working week in Britain

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:39 pm

Thanks, Vin, you're right...I should've thought about it...But now it's done - i mean the debate;) And went well;)

S!

MAc
ImageImageImage
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:49 pm

For the love of cows I don't know why my country pegged our dollar to the US one. The US dollar is falling like a comet in value and taking us along with it. Time those pinheads in gov't cut loose. Aw, Sneaks why did you have to tell everyone I'm rich. Now Dimebag Falcon is gonna come knocking on my door asking for a handout, crying about how his outhouse was washed away by a storm. :lol:
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:16 pm

dimebag?!?

I'll have you know I buy my crawfeeesh by the kilo!

hmph!

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:23 pm

Phew! For a second I thought you wrote that you bought your cocaine by the kilo. :lol:

Hey, Mac glad you won the debate. If a 48 hr work week is introduced here we'd have a riot. Getting through 8 hours here in an airport is stress enough.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:06 am

48 hours?

Hell I'd have LOVED that back when I was trucking. We could run 70 hours in 8 days. AND we were expected to. :roll: Then I got an "hourly" paid driving job and it was usually 80-90 hours a week with time and half after 50 hours.

Made a lot of money and hung onto to for a while because I didn't have time to spend it.........

Had a union job for a while, our regular work hours were 7:00A to 3:30P. 8 hours with a 30 minute lunch. ANYTHING before or after those work hours was OT! Got tired of the union backstabbing BS and bailed out on that deal.

Nowadays, it's 40 up front and OT after that OR "comp" time.. (paid time off, which REALLY sucks) I currently have over 80 hours of "comp time" that I can't take off and enjoy because we're shorthanded........... The REALLY neat part is, if we don't burn it off within a year of when we earned it, it goes away. VERY convenient for those writing the checks.

:evil:
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

48 hours...

Post by :FI:Fenian » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:15 pm

Eddy Murphy, right?

Seriously.. the Brits must work 48 hours a week as they drink at lunchtime. It's just the poor employers trying to get their money's worth out of the lazy slobs in their employ...

:lol:

Especially the civil service.... I know about that....

:badgrin:
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde