Transformers

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Transformers

Post by Nightcat » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:08 pm

When I was a kid, it was the best thing in the universe bar my space hopper and the neighbours apple tree but the whole idea is so exciting still somewhat I have to admit.

But I have seen clips from the new movie, I'm sure you have the same but doesn't it just have 'disappointment' written all over it?

Kinda like War of the Worlds, the ending was ..............!

What happened to Bumblebee? - my favorite autobot/transformer ever - he was a happy go lucky VW Beetle, now hes like a hot rod or something ?? just doesn't work! wasn't he cool enough? lets face it - vw beetles are cool, cool and will always be cool!

What about Soundwave? remember him and his transformable casettes, how does something like that work now? people laugh at cassets and they sure wouldn't scare the most poorest of kids..

I just don't know, felt like a bit of a rant..

And the new Optimus Prime

Not sure if anyone else had any thoughts on it :?
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:24 pm

Only one I remember was Lou Reed

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Moe
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Moe » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:22 pm

I'm with you Nightcat. Movie looks like a bit of a mess, I'll remain cautiously optimistic until I see it.

The original cartoon was brilliant and stuck with me strongly enough that I bought seasons one and two on DVD.

As for Soundwave (Blaster was a lame knock-off), well, here's my favourite t-shirt:

Menace
Postmaster

Post by Menace » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:53 pm

Saw it. Great movie. Horribly violent for kids though. (People getting skewered, killed/dissapearing because of flying debris). It''s got some awesome effects for stuff like AC130 SPECTRE gunships, F-22 raptors and the Good'ol Thunderbolt. Just don't expect realism, it's about giant robots coming to earth and kicking the crap out of everything. Oh yeah, and I think they got the tracers right for the SPECTRE.

Summary, if you want a hoot and holler good movie and plenty of cheese, it's worth the price of admission.

*SPOILER ALERT*

There is something intrinsically funny about fourty foot tall robots trying to hide from a kid's parents around the outside of his house.
"Give me a full bottle in front of me, instead of a full frontal lobotomy!"
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:16 pm

You're alive Menace! :shock: Great to hear from you my Nova Scotian mate. How's your Dad and friend Spooky?

TS!
Underdog
Beginner

Post by Underdog » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:16 pm

It used to be a very reliable marker. You heard other young people talk nostagically about Transformers and you instantly knew they were a few years younger than you, just kids you didn't have to take too seriously. It still is very reliable. The audience to that movie is dripping behind the ears. Barely 30 or so. Kids... hah...
Menace
Postmaster

Post by Menace » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:58 pm

I'm doing well Tac, I've got my life back on track after a major de-railment. (All sailors go through this around the big 3-0). Spooky is the same old guy, and Keppoch is off camping, dog know's where right now.
If you see this in the woods, beware, there is a Keppoch about.

Yes, that is a chiminey in the tent. What? You don't go camping with a wood stove? Why be cold?

Keppoch has a bit of a reputation in these here parts.

"Son, you can travel fifty miles into the woods on the worst back trails on your four-wheeler (quad for those euros.) bouncing around in the rain, using the winch, just to get to a primitive camp site, to use your ultra lightweight nylon tent and your whisperite single burner lightweight kerosene stove. Then, you'll smell bacon and baking bread. You'll scramble up a hill, almost too steep for a human to climb, and you'll find a Red Toyota and a full base camp with keppoch making lunch warm and dry in his kitchen tent."
:lol:
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:23 pm

Glad to see your Dad is crazy as ever. ;)

What gaming, if any, have you boys (you & Spooky) been up to lately?

TS!
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:41 pm

I don't see the sat dish in the pic Menace.

Kep DOES have the Internet ... right?

Good to see/hear/read about you guys!

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Menace
Postmaster

Post by Menace » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:07 am

He's waiting for the Iphone to be 3G compatible!

Why rough it when you can get there in your '87 toyota?

He says he's getting too old. Now he gets out of breath carrying a 150lb canoe up a cliff for a hundred yards.

Good to hear from you too Falc!
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:27 pm

Aren't you concerned about that big bear smelling that bacon?
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
Menace
Postmaster

Post by Menace » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:40 pm

The bear should be concerned why Keppoch is trying to lure it in! He's got the teeth of many a bear that made the mistake of not running away.