Game won't patch up..

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Game won't patch up..

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:31 pm

d/l'd the 4.08m + dedicated server patch from UBI. 3D gmaers kept telling me the free server was too busy and I ain't buying into their scam.

I pointed the patch at the game and said DO IT! THe splash screen still said 4.07m.. Then I uninstalled the game and put it on a different drive all by its' lonesome, and tried again. Same deal.

WTF?
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:13 am

check that its the "408m.exe" patch size=148.259kb
check the correct game path, default is:-
"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946"
note Ubisoft and not Ubi Soft folder.

Dont trouble with the "dedicated server" patch unless youre setting up a server.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:53 am

Hmm the Ubi patch throws it at the dedicated server folder. :roll:

3D gamers has me on hold till Xmas LOL. I've got 3 windows open waiting to D/L from the stateside free servers. ;)

Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:24 am

This is ghey!!!!!

Got the correct file. Off a French server no less. :lol: Opened that punk and pointed it right straight at the folder and pulled the trigger.

It unzipped about a million skins and maps and stuff and VOILA! when I open the game the splash screen still says 4.07M!

Wonder if it doesn't like any drive letter other than C:? My game now resides all by its' lonesome on my S: drive.
:roll:

I know, I just HAD to be different. :roll:

Maybe if I rename that drive, then RE-install again on the C: drive and then copy it all over to the other drive, I might have 4.08?

FFS......

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:14 am

Wild guess Willie ...

and I might be thinking of another game ...

but is there a SECOND IL2 icon named something like IL2 4.08 exe in the old IL2 file now?

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:48 am

No extry iconage, however, it appears that since that punk is on its' own out ther in the middle of that LOVELY 300G, I had the install path all wrong. I pointed it at the program files instead the "ubisoft" folder. ( out of desperation mainly) AND IT WORKED!! :shock:

Proving the old theorem that even a blind hog can find an acorn every now and then................... :roll:

I'm up to speed with the game but I really SUXXOR at flying at the moment.. :oops:

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:45 am

Great news Willie; now all we need to do is have a whip round for one of those USB mp3 player thingys and save you lugging that HD to and fro.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)