AB's second flight with the FI

Dates, News and Comments
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

AB's second flight with the FI

Post by AltarBoy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:53 pm

Well this one was a good one. But my joystick was way too sensitive. My first kill in a long time, none other than me fellow Southerner-Falcon! Got him and some other FI. But one question- Where I used to fly Vulching was something to frown upon. I guess it's allowed here. I was landing my P-47 with a damaged rudder when someone in a FW-190 pounced on me when my gears were down. Easy kill in real war but come on- meet me in a dogfight willya? I swear I'm usually cannon-fodder! :lol:

P.S. I swear I heard Falcon bawling for his mama on the way down! I peed my boxer shorts when me Jug hit de outhouse! :lol:

Altar- Little Outhouse on The Prairie-Boy.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:58 am

Vulcing IS a no-no, AB.

But you shot ME down.

That's gonna pizz somebody uber.

Fal "Extended Sicilian family" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:43 am

Oh, yeah Paisan? Well I'm gonna shoot ya down all da time. :lol: But darn it, m8, ya didn't even try to avoid my tracers. But that Jug can't climb good (like the real P-47). Dives good but gaining altitude feels like a Mac truck going uphill on the wrong gear. BTW when I'm I gonna get me FI badge, huh?

Altar- Who do I have to bribe here?-Boy.

:lol:
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:57 am

In all truthfullness ...

I had all my grandkids in for the parades and just after taking off Jordan, who's three :lol: , was "steering". I saw the tracers, but I didn't want to grab the stick from him, so I just kinna ... died.

Oh, that ... and the sun was in my eyes and my computer was screwin' up and there was an earthquake and an aligator was attacking the cats and ...

half a dozen other things sooooo ...

wait 'til next time!

Get TeamSpeak up mate! We can't let you in unless we hear your voice!

... and PM me your credit card number and wait ... two weeks.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:31 am

Well AB the FI in question was chasing you back to base and in my book if you get your wheels on the ground you made it. Lights on undercarrage down doesn't. For some if your running back to base(for whatever reason) you havent made it till you hit refly :D

Oh and I'm sure he would be happy to oblige with the 'meet me in a dogfight ' request.

However I wouldn't advise it :badgrin:
Last edited by :FI:Gadje on Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:08 pm

That's ok. But I did get Mikestar (I think that's his name) before he got me over my airfield. I'll PM ya Falky even with all the excuses for being a sitting ferret yesterday. :lol:
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:53 pm

sorry AB

I didn't think it was vulching myself, I was following you for some time, when I did catch you, you were at base. If I was in the same situation i'd prob turn and try to fight, but dont think you seen me.

anyhoo.. it wasn't a vulch ;)

Mikester
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:56 pm

Yeah I didn't see you. I think I flew over a blue base 'cause flak hit me a couple times. I have to adjust my stick. The slightest movement sends the plane all over the place. I had to concentrate on landing when you got me. I don't have Track IR and I'm not accustomed to cockpit on view. But it sure made the fight exciting. :)
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:38 pm

Did you get your Ping-problem worked out?
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:20 pm

No L.F. but no one said anything during play so I figured the ping problem went away.
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:18 pm

... and the traffic was really bad and it was that time of the month and I was having an allergic reaction to my mouse pad and I was experiencing restless leg syndrome and I had to go walk the ferrets and my nails weren't dry yet and the moon was in the seventh house but Jupiter wasn't quite aligned with Mars yet and ...

AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:29 pm

....and I forgot to take my Prozac and,......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Altar-Dr. Feelgood-Boy.
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:08 pm

AltarBoy- You should consider getting TrackIr, nowadays it's considered as essential as a joystick for flightsims. Makes a huge difference in your SA.
"Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:46 pm

Is it expensive and how does it work? I could incorporate it when I get my new rig.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:07 pm

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)