old game...First To Fight

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Beowolff
Postmaster

old game...First To Fight

Post by Beowolff » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:03 am

hey, picked this up in a bargin bin... it's a 2005 shooter by Destineer about US Marines in Iraq... supposedly was started as a real Marine trainer, though the Marines didn't actually buy into it...they did help design it.

not too shabby... though i heard a lot of crap about it online...since i've got it, i think that most of that talk was hooey. it's actually not bad at all and is even pretty good in a lot of ways. the Move and Fire mode is superb...the AI, though tainted as all game AI are...is pretty good. weapons are neat (though sparser than in most games) and handle well. the looks of the game is good---not cutting edge graphics surely---but certainly not bad either and better than most. enemy AI is okay, though not brilliant. if anything, the levels are all city...no open country...and that does get a bit old after awhile. and another mark against it is no level editor. but all in all, a worth while game. one thing about the friendly AI is that unlike DD2...they stick with you VERY well...and do not get stuck on every little thing or get lost too easily.

i'd put this game way above Line of Sight Vietnam... on a 1 thru 10, i'd give it a 7.5 or so. again, for the money, not bad at all.

it they'd do another more modern version...and add open country, driveable vehicles, and a few other things...and also a level or game editor, it would really be kick-ass.

mulitplayer ain't bad either. and for such a low end game, i'm not really having any problems finding servers to play on.

i'd recommend it if you lads come across it somewhere.

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;