news on the 1946 front??

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Deathsledge
The Unforseeable

Post by Deathsledge » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:18 pm

finally got my copy of 46'. delivered to my workplace. now im stuck at work looking at the box wishing i wasnt here. :)

DS
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:42 am

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:Beowolff you purchased another Dell a year or so ago too, right mate? I remember you were in need of an affordable new system and got something comparable to my Dell rig. You either more recently bought the XPS model or I am mistaken and need my meds yet again. :-k

Been hearing good things about their new XPS gaming line though they are expensive (but sexy).

Tact - "owner of a Dell 8250 system" - S!
hey Tact...how are ya, buddy! i got one of their "middle of the road" gamers... not the xtreme version exactly, though whoever originally ordered it had it built near exactly like one of the xtreme's... it might have externally been the cheaper "middle line" version, but inside, it was a custom build and pretty much the xtreme or bad boy model. i love this machine! can't say enough about it.

here's the link to my original post about it...

http://www.endlager.net/fis/phpBB2/view ... light=dell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if and when this one bites the dirt... i won't hesitate to by another one (or their newer version of it) again.

salute!

Beo
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:25 am

Getting back on topic of 1946. Played the 1st mission in 'Sturmoviks Over Manchuria' campaign. Man, it's good to be back behind the controls again. The Il-10 is fast. Average speed is 450 km/h. But in a dive you don't have much time to aim, it's so fast. I downed one cheeky Bf-109 and bagged 3 tanks. At least it's historically accurate in that the Luftwaffe pilots are mostly green. Online it may compete with other single-engine fighters.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
fianna
Baby Boardie

Post by fianna » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:16 am

just bought my copy of 1946 today. great to see all the games packaged together.
i have il2 fb and pf installed as 2 stand alone games. this limited the games i could play online so im gonna wait until 1946 arrives and install the lot in 1 go.

are there many online games using this game version ? or, will the 1946 version (4.07 ?) be compatible with previous versions online ?

thx
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:42 pm

Get the "version switcher" utility- links are posted in some threads on this site.
This allows you to switch between versions 4.04, 4.05, 4.07 and 4.071 using a single install of Il2 46.
It's quick, it's easy, and it's satisfying, as the actress said to the bishop!
"Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
fianna
Baby Boardie

Post by fianna » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:43 pm

will do murph,thanks for the help!
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:59 pm

I take it you have to have the old PF installed to have the switcher work? I only have 1946 installed.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:05 pm

AltarBoy wrote:I take it you have to have the old PF installed to have the switcher work? I only have 1946 installed.

You need some files from the old merged install and some from the 46 version.
ImageImageImage