WIP and finished product pics here

Painters and skinners. Somewhere to show off skins and look for artistic inspiration.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:35 pm

bf-109F/G/K in IreGreen

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:21 am

Here's the SpitfEire IX ...

Okay, I cheated. I moved the numbers away from the danger zone so that I can finish these up quickly.

WIP

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:31 am

Using the lines, shadows, rivets and some details from Winger69's excellent template to speed things along I'm working on the under textures and the Yak's UNIQUE warping issues for the graphics.

Fun, fun ... ahem, fun.

jk

Falcon

:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:15 pm

Man that's insane Falcon. :shock:
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:01 am

Yak with wainscoting?
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:22 am

:FI:Sneaky_Russian wrote:Yak with wainscoting?
:lol:

I don't usually use other skinner's templates for anything other than research, but the Yak kinna surprised us.

In the Yak-1 I used Winger69's line, shading, rivet and some detail layers. In the Yak-1b I used 90% of Winger69's template and just gussied it up to near :FI: standards. ;)

They are ready to customize.

Yes, yes, I know. They're kinna clean. Well, we got these straight from the factory. If you want them dirtier, you're gonna need to do it yourself.

When all the skinner's confirm that the Yak was truly forgotten, I'll go ahead and finish these up this weekend.

And ...

if all goes well,

we can introduce the first part of the Skinin' Project to the squadron next week.

~~~

And there was much rejoycing.

Yea.

Falcon

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Yak 7 / 7A have been uploaded

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:44 pm

The Killer

Post by The Killer » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:17 am

where can we download the default skins?
Shoot the Sunza Bitches
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:38 am

Killer,

If all goes well and the last few custom skins are finished this week, you may be able to d'l default(guest) skins as early as two weeks.

Genosse will maybe make a link button to Gurberly's data files or something like that soon after that. I'm just guessing there.

The skinners will make some sort of ~"directions to put stuff in the right folders"~ sticky post here and then we'll see how successfully things go after that.

Falcon

:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:50 am

Hi Falcon

I am now starting to write some earlier missions to start the Eastern front campaign. Starting with the Lvov map for early Barbarossa I was thinking I16 type 24's for the fighters and single seat IL2's for the bombers - but do we have skins for these?

I don't want to create more work for you guys so if we don't have these I am happy to change.

Cheers

Nel(trying to be considerate)lip
Olegs stalker

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:00 pm

The "To Do" list.

Yak-3/3P>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Snaphoo
P-400_P-39D1/D2/N1/Q1_P-63C>>>>>Snaphoo
Hurricane>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Noter

~~~

*SpitfireVIII
*La-5/-5F/-5FN
*F4U Corsair
*P-40E/E-M-105/M

*Noter, misfiled

~~~~~~

Okay, as long as Historic Encounters, Pearl to Japan, Eastern Front (gc) or any other campaign doesn't include the Hurricane, P-39/63 or Yak 3, we can start using the skins now.

Refiling Noter's skins will just take a few minutes and I think the Hurricanes are nearly done.

If we could get a "hello" from Noter and Snaphoo on how they're doing????

:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:02 pm

The 'canes are done, all three models, just need to zip them up and upload them :D

Noter
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:41 pm

Falcon

Eastern front does have P39's for Stalingrad and Crimea but that is the only issue I think.

If we start with Lvov, Moscow and then Smolensk and Doc & I avoid Hurricane, P39 and Yak3 - not historical for these anyway - then we are good to go for the early part of the Eastern front campaign and if we can sweep these up later then great.
Olegs stalker

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:40 pm

Thanks Noter. I just sent an E-mail to you a minute ago.

~~~

Nellip. Looks like the hurricane is done. We're waiting for an answer from Snaphoo. How soon will you want to start your campaign?

F

:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:03 pm

What my Yak-3 isn't historically-correct for this week's Pacific Iwo Jima 1945 campaign? #-o