Cargo Pilot

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Cider
Postmaster

Cargo Pilot

Post by :FI:Cider » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:56 pm

while waiting for the BIG 46-DVD and my internet connection
i found a intriguing addon for microsoft's fs2004 called "Cargo Pilot".
(Link Here, the demo gives you a good preview of the game).
it's a "kinda-financial"-sim which uses fs2004 to do the flying.
right now i opened a little freight-company in alaska doing lots of bushpilot-style
flying using the cessna grand caravan 208b (NOTAM: the stock ms-208b has a wrong
air-file, when it comes to fly with cargo the plane gets unflyable. if someone needs
a modded air-file, pm me)and trying to save some money for the big freight trains like
my beloved c-119 boxcar. the game makes fs2004 much more entertaining because you have
to visit airfields you NEVER thought to land before...

maybe falcon has some tips for ambitionous cargo pilots?
(why is there a g-limit if you transport living animals...?).

S!

Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off.
:FI:Dr_Strangelove
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:20 pm

ooh cool, do you happen to know if this thing works for FSX as well?
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:28 pm

a g-limit???

~~~

advice?

uh, okay ...

make sure the iguanas, crickets, snakes and gorillas are safely secured in their crates BEFORE you take off,

don't put your beer in the "human organ - transport with care" ice chest unless there is plenty of room,

chicks love pilots, if you haven't given at least one lass a ride a week, you aren't doing your job,

when showing off for your mates, be sure to warn them to try to avoid landing on the packages in the back when doing rolls, loops and spins,

if you want to take a day off in a new and fun city, tell the mechanic there that there was a strange and troubling noise in the engine and you need it checked thoroughly,

if you land in a rural airport in Mississippi, be sure to hide your ponytail and fringed cannabis jacket,

and finally, if the FAA gives you a ramp check, be prepared to do ANYTHING for them or be prepared to kill them.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:45 pm

Falky forgot to mention the trouble he got into when the plane took off without him. :lol: Can't wait for FS X to arrive I ordered the Deluxe edition. :)
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:58 am

and finally, if the FAA gives you a ramp check, be prepared to do ANYTHING for them or be prepared to kill them.
ROTF!!

After "dirty" Dan Clark landed his Pitt's Special at our local field one afternoon (WITHOUT a control stick. the stick broke off during his ambitious maneuvers)

Dan managed to get that punk on the runway using throttle and rudder only. He broke one of the wheel pants on landing but otherwaise landed OK. A very nice feat of airmanship as a Pitts is somehwat evil to land with all the parts functioning.

Somebody called the FAA about a "crash" and they showed up shorlty after. They reamed Danny out pretty good for not bailing out and he gave it right back to 'em telling them that the fact he was there arguing with them meant that he'd done the right thing.

When all was said and done, Dan told 'em, "NEXT time sump'n like that happens and I see that I CAN'T get 'er down in one piece, I'm gonna pull my flightsuit down and shove that stick up my A$$ and let you sorry bastards try to figure out what happened in the post mortem!!!!"

They tucked their tails and sulked out of the hangar accompanied by a hail of laughter. :badgrin:
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Postmaster

Post by :FI:Cider » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:44 am

thx for the advice, falcon. i'll keep them in mind.

doc, there happens to be a update at the website (and a good forum, too) which makes cargo pilot ready for FSX.

Let's haul some cargo! :D

Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off.