Working Midnite to noon

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Working Midnite to noon

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:54 am

pulls a very high vacuum. I'm glad this week is over. My bed is going to feel REALLY good with me in it and knowing that I don't ahve to drag my old arse out of it till I get damn good and ready.

I got a new job where I work. They call it HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE INSPECTOR. What I get to do now is ride herd of various contractors that work for us. The previous guy that had this job was a pushover. The contractors aren't enjoying the new regime. :badgrin:

Back on the day shift next week. YAY!!

Nite all.
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:45 am

Give 'em hell Willie!

:badgrin:
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:51 pm

Willie,

HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE INSPECTOR....I did Quality Control for a little while during my Air Force carrer ....remember..the first rule in inspecting contractors is: don't take checks...cash only!.......lol

Contractors...some a real good...most are sneaky bastards...keep an eye on them...got to make sure its still safe for us to drive through Texas..

Igor
:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:06 pm

:FI:Igor wrote:Willie,

HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE INSPECTOR....I did Quality Control for a little while during my Air Force carrer ....remember..the first rule in inspecting contractors is: don't take checks...cash only!.......lol

Contractors...some a real good...most are sneaky bastards...keep an eye on them...got to make sure its still safe for us to drive through Texas..

Igor
Cash only..... :lol: ;)

ALL of these guys are the winners of "low bid" contracts.. :roll: Most are "minority business/non profit entities" (ONLY because the system is weighted in favor of those types of businesses.) Most of the contracts are multi million dollar jobs. These clowns are barely able to meet the requirements of the job and I have to make sure they do what they said they were going to do. It is interesting to say the least.

They are a sneaky bunch of turds, BUT I am judge, jury, and executioner when it come to whether or not they get paid for the job cycle. All I have to do is make sure that the letter of the contract is fulfilled and document it in TRIPLICATE!!! :roll:

I've been riding my litter crews pretty hard the last two weeks. They really jump when they see any state pickup driving by now.. Gunshy? :lol: However, they are picking up their trash. ;)

I put in 67 hours last week. I'm taking the weekend off. 8)

:FI:Mefisto
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Mefisto » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:07 pm

you need help Willie?

Some use for almost economists, almost the teacher with some experience in macroeconomics teaching, working experience as purchase coordinator/IT/purchaser in bicycle area?

:D
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:12 pm

They'd hire you in a heartbeat, and then put you work patching potholes.. :roll: Then they'd promote the former pothole repair person to vegetation management. :?

They're insane.. :lol:

:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Sound slike my kinda

Post by :FI:Fenian » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:23 pm

company

:lol:

Sleep well Padre!
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Menace
Postmaster

Post by Menace » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:07 pm

I'm glad you got a better job down there. God I hate running the 00-12 The worst part was always the few hours before the sun came up.
"Give me a full bottle in front of me, instead of a full frontal lobotomy!"
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:34 pm

Potholes? Man, you'd have a field day down here. Drivers just don't avoid them, they choose the ones their cars can come out of. :lol:
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:08 am

Back on the day shift this week. :D And for a while longer I hope.

Going to school!! :shock:
It's called HAZWOPER Training. Great fun too. Stands for Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response. 8)

It's full of acronym soup too. STEL's, LEL's, PEL's, and IDLH's etc etc FFS!!

All it boils down to for me, is that if I find a tanker full of dangerous stoof leaking or burning, I call for help from the pro's. :lol: ( pretty much what I've been doing for the last 3 years anyway. ;)

We don't have all the fancy schmancy protective gear to get involved with anything other than reporting and identifying ( if possible ) the problem.

With major North/South and East/West corridors running right through the middle of here, there is a LOT of bad stuff rolling down the rails and on the highway. :?

Tomorrow is PPE day!!
Complete with SCBA's.. :lol:

Just pink and fluffy

Tell me

Post by :FI:Fenian » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:57 pm

it doesn't involve probes and KY

:lol:
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Menace
Postmaster

Post by Menace » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:32 pm

I've had a few days where I wanted something like that. Products with innocuous names like "Gel" or "Deck Brite". "Deck Brite" is the only substance I've found that eats through the chemical protective coating on eye-glasses.

My favortie accronymn BLEVY.
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:12 pm

HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE INSPECTOR.
Sounds good! Do you have a special badge too?8)
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:26 pm

:FI:Sapper-FIN wrote:
HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE INSPECTOR.
Sounds good! Do you have a special badge too?8)
Nope.... :roll: BUT I do get to drive a state issue truck with all kinds of fancy red, blue, and yellow lights on top.. :lol: They come in handy when you have to get through a traffic jam.. :lol:

AHH the dreaded BLEVE!! Boiling Liquid Enhanced Vapor EXPLOSION!!!

We had several of those last year when Valley Chemical's warehouse decided to go thermo nuclear.
http://www.nbc5i.com/news/4782146/detail.html#

We did our job by shutting down IH-35W. That plant was about 400 yards from the highway. The wind was from the North that day and the smoke went all over downtown Fort Worth.

IF they break out the probes and the KY, I'll be on the observation end of the program. ;)

Menace
Postmaster

Post by Menace » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:37 am

You should see the pictures my Aunt got of a natural gas pipline explosion. Let me put it this way, she is not supposed to have them. :shock: That's one heck of a big bang.

Interesting note, back in '99 I was working off Sable when they had a "Bump" on the rig. That means they drilled into a natural gas deposit, that moved. Pretty scary stuff, even if it was shoal water and a jack up, it was still kind of hairy. In a almost total evacuation way.