Scariest Video Game

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Scariest Video Game

Post by AltarBoy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:14 pm

I was watching X-Play and they were counting down the top ten most scariest video games and glad to know that the #1 game was Silent Hill 2. I found this game both surreal and scary at the same time. What are your picks?
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
Podge
Boardie

Post by Podge » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:40 pm

F.E.A.R....:lol: installed it, loved the graphics, the sound and feeling in it, until I bumped into some weird stuff in the game five minutes later... nerves of steel here.. it is now uninstalled... :roll:
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:56 pm

Aw, c'mon Podgy get yer guts back in and play it. There's an add-on I'm getting for it and think I'm going play it again. And yes the graphics are good. Another scary one is Aliens Vs Predator 2. The Marines missions really made me jump, especially when your flashlight goes out and theres aliens all over the place.
Podge
Boardie

Post by Podge » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:08 am

:lol:
Well, I tried to play it like 5 times... one time (not at band camp) I even tried it while a buddy of mine was sitting next to me. Didn't work either... maybe I should see someone about this? :lol:

Aye, Alien vs Predator is creepy as well... when you hear the "beep" becoming more frequent when playin as a marine... :shock: Just press Ctrl+Alt+Del and you're all set and ready for a pint instead of crappin' your pants... 8)

Actually (don't laugh) I even got a wee bit spooked when I played Far Cry... When you were in buildings and just saw something comin running at you. I don't like that... Better with flight sims.. no unexpected stuff jumping up in your face, you always see it comin.. "there's the ground.. looks painful...and here we go..." *KABOOM!*
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:43 pm

Parasite Eve, I remember one scene with a baby on a boat that was really really creepy.

Bloodlines, the mission when you have to get something out of this haunted house was scary stuff too.

Finally, Dino Crisis had a scary moment when this t-rex thing comes crashing through the window - course once you played it once its not scary anymore.

Resident Evil, well that has had quite a few moments of making you jump..

Silent Hill series probably has the most creepy stuff going on.

The winner hands down is the misses, the game we play when she comes home from work and says 'did you do... today' - and I say 'no'..

~NC~
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:48 pm

ps.: Never ever play Silent Hill with headphones. Actually, never play a scary game with headphones.
Chow Meow from Kitty Hawk!
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:55 pm

I can't play without headphones, they're like awesome in stopping background noise (like nagging) and the sound quality on mine are just amazing...

sadly one of the speakers is a little rattly and I'll have to buy some more.. they cost like $150 :cry:

~NC~
:FI:Dex
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Dex » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:13 pm

LOL at NightCat!

So true:-

HER"What did you do today?"

ME"Ahhhhhmmm, did the dishes, phoned a few places and..."

HER"Spent the rest of the day on that cur-sed machine???"

She actually calls herself a computer widow..

:?
Podge
Boardie

Post by Podge » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:13 pm

LOL

How come so many recognize that as well :lol: ... And whenever she calls home from work when your home:
-"What are you doing? haven't you done anything sane today?"

-"well of course dear, I've cleaned.. done the dishes.. did some laundry..."

And then you have a blowtorch up your bum cuz you have to actually DO all that stuff before she gets home... :oops:

When I think of times like that I'm very happy to be single again... :D
Ege
Professional Boardie

Post by Ege » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:00 pm

FEAR demo still remains the only horror themed game I have ever tried. Played through it with friend, and still it was pretty creepy:

Just before the final scene:

My friend: Hey, you almost finished it, just walk along the corridor and you see the last cutscene.
Me: last cutscene? What is it like?
My friend: Its really scary, I hated to watch it while I was going through this last time.
Me: *walks down the in-game corridor*
Me: Okay, I am going to open that door.
My friend: *nods*

I activate the button, door or something, cannot really remember. As soon as the scene starts we both close our eyes...

Scene ends.

My friend: Did you like it?
Me: Yep, it was pretty good...

Short moment of silence

My friend: Did you have your eyes closed...?
Me:...Yes, you?
My friend: *nods*
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:31 pm

Clive Barker's Undying is another scary game. Damned ghouls just don't stumble along they charge at you. My wife actually has plans to sabotage my PC, just as soon as she figures out how to turn it on. :lol: Japanese horror games are the best out there. Creepy settings and sounds. I hope Resident Evil 4 comes out on PC soon. That game rocks!
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:55 pm

I had a boyfriend who had issues with my game time. One time (as a joke I suppose) he turned off the power while I was in a mp session. I kicked him out. Problem solved.
Chow Meow from Kitty Hawk!
Deathsledge
The Unforseeable

Post by Deathsledge » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:07 pm

F.E.A.R and DOOM3 were pretty scary for video games. :shock:
Badger
Postmaster

Post by Badger » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:50 am

The RE series starts the nervous twitch off in my right eye, believe it or not a couple of scenes in Max Payne freaked me out a bit, and F.E.A.R made me scream like a girl....
:FI:Badger
Menace
Postmaster

Post by Menace » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:14 am

Doom 3 was the most disturbing game I have played. Aliens Vs Predator 2 was the scariest. Strangely enough muliplayer freaked the hell out of me. Sometimes the guys who play Aliens really acted like them.

I still can't get that damned screaming corpse on the ceiling out of my head.........Brilliant game.
"Give me a full bottle in front of me, instead of a full frontal lobotomy!"