The mascotte is back in town

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:04 am

Yes, it would be about time wouldn't it? I'm really looking forward to it. I'm also looking into getting BF2 so I can get shot at both on land and in the air.

The submarine I just dunno ... I've been in one that's part of our navy museum (called the Potvis, it's an old sub that is turned into a museum piece and people can actually enter it and see how it alll looks like inside). So I guess I'm not such a silent hunter.

Speaking of hunting, I was hunting for my airfield, but this is probably not mine ... errr ...

Don't take notice of the line that says Kitty crashed. That was one of my earlier attempts of finding my home.
Chow Meow from Kitty Hawk!
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Hello, Kitty!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:25 am

And welcome welcome back!

Glad to hear you're getting everything sorted out, because we can all sympathize about the money issues! :)

A few new actual members, but the same old twisted brains.

Welcome back!

Helo
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Ege
Professional Boardie

Post by Ege » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:30 am

^:)
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Welkom, Kitty!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:08 pm

It´s good to see that you´ve sorted out things and you´ve returned onto these boards. Could it be that you like to get back into our lines? Naw problems with this ... as promised there'll be always a way to get your membership back. I think SpookyRuben was the last one who managed it to do so ... ;)

Take your time to think about it ... our squad desperately needs a kitten! ;)

Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Kitty
Postmaster

Re: Welkom, Kitty!

Post by Kitty » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:21 pm

:FI:Genosse wrote:
Take your time to think about it ... our squad desperately needs a kitten! ;)

That's a no brainer Gen (Frank). I'd love to return to the ranks of the fighting irish! I'll even buy a few guinness extra stout to celebrate the event!

From what I can read on the ubi forums I picked a good time to return as well. There's quite a few addons coming out!

I'm pretty much set right now with everything installed and working as it should, finaly. Anyway, I'll sign. Of course

*scrabbles a fancy X in the signature box*

There ... that should do it.
:FI:IceFrog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:49 pm

Wow
when i first got here tp :FI: you were posting away like a mad lady and then i got my :FI: tag and suddenly you were gone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thought it was something i said :shock:
glad you are back :D
"IceFrog" Image
The past is the prelude to the future
“Indecision is the key to flexibily”
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:15 pm

:FI:IceFrog wrote:Wow
when i first got here tp :FI: you were posting away like a mad lady and then i got my :FI: tag and suddenly you were gone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thought it was something i said :shock:
glad you are back :D
haha no not at all. Honestly, if I feel you're saying something that bothers me I'll tell you ;)

No, the frustration over my pc setup got the best of me. I was looking forward to finaly play PF and still couldn't. I bought the game when it came out and my old computer wasn't fast enough. The year after that I upgraded and then I had problems with my videocard and joystick setup. Only May/June this year was I able to acquire an ok videocard for current games and it was given by a friend of mine who's PC died. He's such a sweetheart.

But the biggest difference now is that I'm able to look forward to having build a very decent system, all new parts and I'll finaly have the equipment I wanted to fly: yoke/pedals for flight simming and now a Logitech Freedom for combat flight sims. I'm never going to build one myself, computers are becoming way too advance for me to comprehend.
:FI:COM
Postmaster

A chick in our squad?

Post by :FI:COM » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:09 pm

I guess it's o.k.- concidering that the russians were the only airforce in WW2 to allow female combat pilots. Are you a Night Witch, Kitty? I dont know if we're cool enough to have a girl here; maybe we all need to get that "poseur 6" software.....

Anyway, welcome back!
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:24 pm

:FI:Murph wrote:Welcome back Kitty! I hope you can get things together so that you can join us soon for some online flying.
Thanks, and of course thanks to everyone else who greeted me so warmly.

To be honest, I was going to try and fly with the only thing left with sticks in my house. The Logitech Rumblepad 2. I have tried before with FS9 with mediocre success (it wasn't a solution merely bandaging until I got something better). It did work however, eventhough rudder control was up/down rather than left right. But it lacks throttle, and not too many buttons to assign.

So today I did what I normaly don't and went out again for shopping for a joystick. The suggestion was a Logitech Freedom, so that's what I picked up. I feel so so happy now. The feel and touch is so simular to the MS FFB2 (at least the way I had it setup with a soft spring and no force feedback), and when flying again today it just connected so well. Heck I even managed to take off from a carrier! Though it didn't have folded wings and the landing gear didn't seem to want to go up (it's the first take off carrier mission allied side). That was soooo satisfying, to FINALY being able to take off from a carrier! I had a smile from ear to ear, not unlike my first take off from a regular runway.

So I'm all good to go!
Kitty
Postmaster

Re: A chick in our squad?

Post by Kitty » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:28 pm

:FI:COM wrote:I guess it's o.k
Please do not refer to me as a chick. I am a 38 year old woman, who enjoys flying russian planes.

a night witch? Maybe. Just remember: no chick.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:40 pm

so I guess

apparatchik

is out too, huh?

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:57 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:...

so I guess

apparatchik

is out too, huh?

F
Nah, you can call me apparatchik, or apparatchiki if you feel so inclined. Da? Comrade Fal "smartski pants" Con? ;)
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Jeez the

Post by :FI:Fenian » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:16 pm

boys are teasing the girls again :roll:

Nevermind Kitty - you just have to flash the claws and remember that the girls are usually more advanced than the boys.

Try shooting down Falcy-baby - you'll have fun ;)

I think our mate Kent (COM) was just a messing ;)

Anywho... :beer:

:)
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Badger
Postmaster

Post by Badger » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:59 am

Hi Kitty!

Wow - there's a real lady on the Team!!! Cooool!

Hey Falcon, does this mean that no one is allowed to piddle in the bin in the Ops Room any more? Best behaviour and all that? :shock:

Well, I salute you Herioc-Fighting-Soviet-Plane-Flying-Kitty!!

Pip-Pip!

[cue: Herioc Soviet Style Music]
:FI:Badger
:FI:IceFrog
Forum Junky

Re: Jeez the

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:31 pm

:FI:Fenian wrote:I think our mate Kent (COM) was just a messing ;)
and it's so easy to mess with them when they are soooooooo far away :D
"IceFrog" Image
The past is the prelude to the future
“Indecision is the key to flexibily”