Flyboys...

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Flyboys...

Post by :FI:Fenian » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:32 pm

Someone post this before?

Looks like it could be interesting...

http://www.mgm.com/flyboys/home.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:02 pm

Looks good:)

I easily get moved though...

and it is moving....

Mac
ImageImageImage
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:05 pm

Yeah, I saw the trailer but wasn't much impressed. Since when WW1 biplanes fly at warp speed? Hollywood can't seem to get these war stories right. And of course they have to throw in a sloppy love story in it. Wanna see a great WW1 movie? Check out Blue Max. However, I don't mind looking at it to see how the CG models stand up.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
Salahdin
Boardie

Post by Salahdin » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:42 am

I saw the trailer and it looks good but a Pearl Harbour set in WW1 is at the back of my mind. I'll go and see it anyway, the Nieuports look uber!
"God Save Ireland" said the Heroes
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:41 am

This movie looks fantastic!

But I'm so hard up for a good WWI flyin' movie I'll take anything.

I like Jean Reno.

Yeah, get rid of the chicks in a war movie and get serious!

bam! cool!

boom! neat!

zoooom! boss!

ratta-tatta-tat! awesome!!!

kissy-smooch-smooch huh? gah!

and to further divert this thread ...

If you wanna learn 'bout REAL football ...

in Texas ...

a great movie.

I won't change the subject in this thread again ... for a pound.

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:06 am

Ha! The Professional was a great movie! However I slept through the football movie.

When I saw the trailer for Flyboys I said to myself "Oh, the small group of Americans are gonna win WW1 all by themselves". I started to laugh when the dude began running on top of the burning Zepplin. Geez how possible is that? Hey maybe the movie will credit one of them for shooting down the Red Baron himself. :lol: I will watch it just for the aerial combat and special effects. Why can't they make a redo of Blue Max? That movie was the quintessential WW1 movie, apart from All's Quiet On The Western Front.
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

I'm a Jean Reno fan, too.

Post by :FI:Heloego » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:19 am

I'll watch it.
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:50 am

Friday night lights was good, i liked it. :)

I like that old show about the black sheep squadron :sheep: , thats a good "program" as my grandparents would say.

Flyboys looks ok, kinda cheesy, but hopefully it will be good. I will def see flags of our fathers.

:wink2:
:: napier ::

:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:52 am

AltarBoy wrote:Ha! The Professional was a great movie! However I slept through the football movie.

When I saw the trailer for Flyboys I said to myself "Oh, the small group of Americans are gonna win WW1 all by themselves". I started to laugh when the dude began running on top of the burning Zepplin. Geez how possible is that? Hey maybe the movie will credit one of them for shooting down the Red Baron himself. :lol: I will watch it just for the aerial combat and special effects. Why can't they make a redo of Blue Max? That movie was the quintessential WW1 movie, apart from All's Quiet On The Western Front.
Gallipoli is another WWI movie that I've always found to be very good.

Even if it does have Mel Gibson in it...

But I'll go see Flyboys, looks interesting at least.
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:57 am

yeah running over the top of a burning zeppelin...

cmon....

really :x-mas:
:: napier ::

:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:21 am

there is a film about Richthofen and Brown on the way...
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:48 am

Yaaaa! The Baron Himself! Can't wait for that. :D Crikes! This makes me wanna go model another WW1 plane. Somebody stop me! :lol:
:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:41 pm

Gallipol was a great movie, Black Sheep Squadron started off as a good series until all the fine looking women and the long hair hippy shyte pilots were added. Blue Max was good. I didn't see the Fly Boys trailer, but why can't you run across a burning Zeplin? They had walkways on the top/exterior of the ships Hell's Angles, now dat was a good movie.

Igor
:FI:Igor
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

I dunno ...

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:50 pm

... but I´d be careful what kind of crumbs will fall off Hollywood´s table with presents for the rest of the non-US world. This movie seems to be too PC. An afro-american in a group of "white-breads" travelling over the pond to help out the always curiously living Frenchies against an armada of 1 Billion German red tri-planes all flown by Richthofens, Udets, Görings, Meiers, Müllers, Schmitzs, Schulzens and whoever was able to count to three in the German´s Emporers "Reich".

I wouldn´t watch this movie not even for the certainly brilliant effects and sound track. Not for a million Reichsmark!!! [-X [-( #-o :roll:

I don´t need another Pearl Harbor over French trenches ... :badgrin:

Jawohl, Herr Rittmeister von Richthofen! ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:57 pm

Yes I agree. Like that U-571 movie where the US not british got the enigma machine. The negative impact of this is that the younger generation will have a distorted view of history via Hollywood. A survey once did on US High School students revealed that the majority of them thought that WW2 started in 1941 after Pearl Habour. And this is tragic as if the participation of other countries were non-existant or not that vital. Most of the time I look for non-hollywood movies from places like China, India and South America where they have a clearer perspective and not after the Almighty Dollar at the expence of the truth. The truth about American airmen in WW1 was that they were not as experienced as the British, French and German pilots. But judging from that trailer they look like automatic aces. Anyway end of rant now where's me pills? :lol: