Request for personalized skins

Painters and skinners. Somewhere to show off skins and look for artistic inspiration.
:FI:Dr_Strangelove
Forum Junky

Request for personalized skins

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:25 pm

I would love to start running personalized skins for myself.

Maybe Falcon or whoever else is doing skins these days can send me over the .psd files so I can edit in my name myself?

Or if you have the time or do not wish to share, I would be greatful to just have them done for me.

I am interested in pretty much any plane available.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:06 am

:lol:

any plane?

how 'bout my famous rocket penguin?

I don't know about the rest of the skinners,

but if you describe a SPECIFIC plane model, a SPECIFIC camo style or paint scheme, and the SPECIFICS on your personal bits to me,

wait ... that didn't sound right.

gah!

anyway, I'll make some for you ONE at a TIME ...

look thru the "Skinner's" forum or the "Downloads" section for designs that are readily available, or describe something new that you might like.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:54 am

LOL, yes I can be a pain in the ass I know!

Since we are currently running the Rab/Ard Campaign maybe an SBD3 would be a nice start for a new skin. Maybe even the F4.

A cool idea would be my name on the plane of course "Dr Strangelove" as well as a picture of some sort either on the nose or tail or even undercariage. Hard for me to picture as I have never done a skin before.

Some Picture ideas:

Or maybe no picture, I do not know. Just some thoughts.

As far as other planes I am looking for.... probably Hurricane since it looks like we will be doing BoB campaign soon.

Anything would be appreciated and I would be indebted if you are kind enough to help me out :beg:
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:12 am

I have just one old SBD template that I could modify for you, (it prolly needs an little updating) and at least one gray Wildcat that I made available to the guys a few years back.

I still don't have a Falcon-made Hurri yet, but there should be other skinners here who may be able to help you there.*

I'll get to work on them tomorrow. It may take a few days cuz I'm still not comfortable (or totally happy) with my new PaintShop Pro X.

Falcon

* I do have a Hurri template made by one of the guys from the UBI forum that I can use if no one else has a nice one available here.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:49 am

hey doc, i just saw the movie those pics are from in italy, whats the name of it again? I quite liked it :D
:: napier ::

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:14 am

nappy!

!!!

You just saw "Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb"

for the FIRST time recently?!?

You are privileged my man!

You can die happy with the knowledge that you have lived a full life now.

Fal "YeeeeeHaaawww" con

Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:30 pm

Thanks Falcon,

and Nappy...... you have just watched my favorite movie of all time. Every time I pop it in the DVD my wife just gives me funny looks because she just doesn't get it. But thats ok, she doesn't have to :) There are so many great lines....

"Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks."

and my favorite by far:

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. "
:FI:McBiggles
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:45 pm

"...jet exhaust, fryin chickens in the barnyard." Great movie. Going out today to find a copy.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sence of tragedy, which sustained him, through temporary periods of joy.
W.B. Yeats
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:45 pm

" ... so let's get going, there's no other choice. God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural... fluids."

and 15000 other golden lines in my favorite movie of alllll time too.

Falcon

napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:05 pm

:D

Ive never seen it before in america, although im quite a youngen. Maybe ill have to go out and pick it up :)

My favorites the bomb riding:)
:: napier ::

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:54 pm

Here's my Wildcat in gray/gray paint.

It needs some updating and some line adjustment, but I'm totally busy and ... like ... it's free?

;)

Nose art is coming ...

falcon

:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:22 am

Hey doc, I uploaded, with the help of Sneaky, several FI skins to your ftp site. You should be able to use those and put your name and number on them. I could probably do the work myself if time is not of the essence.

Noter
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:33 am

Thanks Noter. I honestly don't know my head from my ass when it comes to skinning. If there was a tutorial somewhere to show me where to put my name that would be slick. Other than that, thanks for the uploads, I will be sure to use them even without my name for now.
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:06 pm

Dum De Dum..... :(
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:08 am

You can find some tutorials here:

http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happy skinning. :D
Olegs stalker