I´m going to Afghanistan..

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:14 pm

Thx for the support guys!

I'm sure you'll be backk flying with the squad when you get some leave, what with that spanking new rig
sitting at home
That´s for sure! I just gotta find a good home for my rig.. If i´m over there for the most of time, there´s no point to continue to pay rent for this apartment... So i´ll propably put all my stuff in storage somewhere, and live with my friends, when i´m on leave.

But i think i´ll buy a laptop before my departure, so that i can plug it in to the net, anywhere... Also, when you are off duty in Afghanistan, there´s nothing much to do there, but to jog, lift weights and play with computer ;)

I´ll propably have like million skins ready, when i come back :lol:
Would'nt worry about Bin Laden, reckon theres more chance of finding him in Texas if what you read on the net is anything to go by.
:lol:
Just remember, some of those natives can't tell the difference from a Fin and one of us imperialist Americans, nor may they care, so keep your flippin' head down!
Yeah, but the minute i get there, i´ll start sewing finnish flags, all over my gear :lol:
Maybe you can liberate some of the indigenous female population while you're there
:shock:

I think i better keep a distance between me and the local girls... I dont wanna give their male relatives any funny ideas :lol:
Why you didn´t volunteer to the Foreign Legion, Sapper?
Hmmm.. No thanks, i like beeing a Real soldier :lol:

Oh well... i better go shopping for sunglasses tomorrow ;)

Man... I have a good feeling about this ;)
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Jeez Sapper!

Post by :FI:Fenian » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:56 pm

Fair flucks to you!

Very few will volunteer for this sort of a posting.

Listen to Stu and Willie.

And I believe Willie when he says he'll find your remaining arse bits to kick if you do something stupid.

Keep your wits about you. Don't relax on patrol. Don't do point if you can avoid it ;) (stay in the middle) And try to get one of those pashtun hats for me :) They're deadly!

;)

Good luck m8! Post when you can.
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:05 am

Good luck Sapper !
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

Grecian
Postmaster

Post by Grecian » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:19 am

GL M8! Keep safe ^:|
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots..." Frank Spencer.

:FI:Cider
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Cider » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:46 pm

Good luck, Sapper, and take care mate!

:FI:Cider
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off.
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:40 pm

^:) Yes ceep your head down m8, some m8´s of mine have been to "afganisatan" and they sure didn´t like the place to much....

But if you like what you are doing it´s a good place to get experiance and contact´s to use after you retire from the army and can do the same job as a civilian contractor with trippled pay-check....

Good luck and remember: don´t tuch, stay alive...
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
Baderslegs
Postmaster

Post by Baderslegs » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:06 pm

Be carefull out there m8.

It's one F*!%£d up place right now.

Don't trust the natives and come back in one piece.

Best of luck m8 and may your god watch over you.
Originality and strangeness are good,
blind conformity and stupidity are unforgivable.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

:FI:Baderslegs
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Good Luck to You, Sapper!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:04 am

Gotta respect anyone who heads for a war zone. ^:|

Best wishes, and come back to us when you can! ^:| :beer:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:43 am

Yeah, but the minute i get there, i´ll start sewing finnish flags, all over my gear :lol:
I'll say it again ...

... some of those natives can't tell the difference from a Fin and one of us imperialist Americans, nor may they care, so keep your flippin' head down!

Fal "Off to Canada!" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:02 am

Keep safe Sapper and best wishes.
Menace
Postmaster

Good Luck!

Post by Menace » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:38 pm

Dodge those bullets mate!
^:|
"Give me a full bottle in front of me, instead of a full frontal lobotomy!"
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:53 pm

good place to get experiance and contact´s to use after you retire from the army and can do the same job as a civilian contractor with trippled pay-check....
Hmmm :-k i did hear that some company is hiring security workers to Iraq, and they pay 800 Euros/day :shock:

But no... That´s not for me... I like to believe in what i´m doing, no matter how much they pay...
Good luck and remember: don´t tuch, stay alive...
Good advice rules!, i´ll keep that in mind ^:)
I'll say it again ...

... some of those natives can't tell the difference from a Fin and one of us imperialist Americans, nor may they care, so keep your flippin' head down!
Roger that! I heard that where i´m going, taleban-sympatisers are not the problem, opium farmers and drugdealers, pissed off because ISAF burned their opiumfields, are...

Also the locals are not too anti-western... Exept when that idiotic Danish news paper published those muhammed drawings... Ffs, that almost got a few peacekeepers killed :?

But dont you guys worry, i know what i´m doing... I´ve got the the training, i´ve got the gear, i´ve got the common sence, for not doing anything stupid or playing hero unless absolutely neccesary ;)

[/i]
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Just pink and fluffy

Remember...

Post by :FI:Fenian » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:46 pm

ALWAYS stand DOWNWIND when they burn the opium fields!!!!

They don't sell beeer in Kabul... do they?

Falcy... the Canadian Gov. are sending the Yankees off to I-Rack now for GW... so there's no escape.. I hear they are looking for Vets, Airline Pilots, and Chopper Doctors - and they ain't too picky this time ;)

Terribly chilly here. Is there a draft? Thankfully that would NEVER be accepted again. At least for the foreseeable...
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:28 pm

ALWAYS stand DOWNWIND when they burn the opium fields!!!!

They don't sell beeer in Kabul... do they?
:lol:

That´s right, they dont sell beer over there.. Good idea Fen ;) But it would also be nice to remember something from my tour ;)
:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:03 am

Sapper,
We're proud of ya...Keep your head down! Talibans cann't tell the difference from a Finn and a running dog American Imperialist. Can't buy beer?......make it......Send us pictures.

Igor da Fellow Comm Troop (retired)
:FI:Igor