Confused

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
Grecian
Postmaster

Confused

Post by Grecian » Wed May 31, 2006 11:29 am

I have not been able to connect to the EIF website for a couple of days, checked with others on Hyperlobby and they can connect ok, no problems with any other websites I've tried, anybody have any suggestions? Guessing I must have the IP blocked or sumthin :!:

Or I could be banned by Stalin for losing the war :!:
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots..." Frank Spencer.

:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Wed May 31, 2006 12:03 pm

For the latter, you'd could be facing a very public online firing squad :badgrin:

I am able to access it.

I have in the past had problems with NTL and their transparent server cache...also a couple of issues with their DNS servers going a bit doo lally.

Chances are, unless you have been fiddling, it's them not you.

I keep an old dial up modem on standby. Then if there are issues accessing a site I can try using that...at least it can help isolate if it is an ISP issue or a local PC issue.

if you can get to a command promt and ping i.e.
c:\ping http://www.europeinflames.binbrookandpink.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and get a response without a timeout it means you command is getting to the server OK and it's probably a caching problem

if you again get to a command prompt and try
C:\nslookup http://www.europeinflames.binbrookandpink.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it should return the IP address. If it doesn't, it suggests that their DNS server is unable to resolve names to IP addresses.

or somefink like that anyway.

By the way you have 3692 points :D

G
I fear no beer

Grecian
Postmaster

Post by Grecian » Wed May 31, 2006 12:36 pm

Ok thanks Gurb, contacted ISP and they direct routed me, somewhere in the advanced internet options, webcache thingy :D
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots..." Frank Spencer.