FPS drop since 4.04m

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
Baderslegs
Postmaster

FPS drop since 4.04m

Post by Baderslegs » Sat May 06, 2006 9:19 pm

Anybody noticed a marked drop in their fps since the 4.04m update?

I have a ATI9800 pro and the game is almost unplayable for me since 4.04. Lots of stutters, and massive drop in frame rates.

I've eased off in some of the settings but it does not seem to be much better.

It's really p!ssing me off. I think I'm going to have to re-mortgage the house and get a new super dooper rig.
Originality and strangeness are good,
blind conformity and stupidity are unforgivable.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

:FI:Baderslegs
Baderslegs
Postmaster

Post by Baderslegs » Sat May 20, 2006 8:31 am

Wee update if anyones interested.

Totally uninstalled il2 FB, cleaned out registry, everything related to ubi.

Uninstalled latest Cat drivers and went back to Cat 4.10 as these were the ones that appeared to work best for me.

Defraged.

Installed a Creative Audigy ZS sound card and 2.1 speakers.

Reinstalled to V4.04m from new complete IL2FB+AEP+PF DVD (a bargain at £9.99) copied required files to patch up to 4.05m and voila eveything back to normal.

Frame rate back to what they were before v4.04 but still get occaisonal stutter but WTF my systems getting on a bit.

Don't know if the sound card helped frame rates but the sound in the game is amazing (compared to my old onboard sound). I can even hear the airframe creaking as I put too much stress on it (which is pretty normal for me as I'm a crap pilot). When I play now with headphones on and the sound up I almost Sh!t me pants when I get hit by the enemy.
The new sound card certainly helps the immersion factor.

Back to loving this game again.
Hopefully catch some of you's online this weekend (if I dodge some of the stuff I need to do on the house/garden)

Cya's M8's

He who asks is a fool for five minutes but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Baderslegs
Postmaster

Post by Baderslegs » Sat May 20, 2006 8:37 am

A wee P.S.

Apparantly the card is a Creative Audigy SB4 and I forgot to mention that when I installed it I lost all by USB connected thingies.

Had to re-install the drivers for my TRack IR, Joystick and throttle, don't know why but once re-installed they worked fine.

Just thought I'd pass this info on incase anyone installs the same card.

Over and out.
Baders