Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:17 pm

I started the "Arena" missions very late, just this week. As a 35-ish level character with a Daedric bow, all my adversaries died in their chute.

It took one day to become champion. The only times the opponents made it any where near me was when there were multiple targets to hit.

Feelin' all cocky, I put away the bow and used a sword on three minotaur lords.

Aaaaah!

They chased me around the arena for over ten minutes until I finally wore them out.

Sheesh! If the audience could, they would have started laughing.

Back to the bow.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:20 pm

I got Oblivion earlier today, got up to level 3 and mostly getting my arse handed to me so far. Where did the day go???

Anyway its really difficult, I think I musta missed something along the way to Oblivion. Some Goat cross Turtoise keeps putting me down like a dog so I ran away and and got lost in some portal where these fire throwing monkey like goblins take turns to incinerate me.

Some guy visited me when I was asleep, brotherhood of something and gave me a sword, seemed like a really nice chap until he wanted me to kill someone. Ironically I felt pretty bad about taking on something like that so I refused, hours earlier murdered a whole town of bandits - but thats different!

I think the Emperor sounded like Jon Luke Picard!

One seriously slow moving, lost adventurer who desperatly wants a pony! Think I'll try pony rustling next...

NC
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:56 pm

The emperor was in his previous life the captaiin of the Enterprise, J.L. Picard, some folks know him as Patrick Stewart, but it is not thatSteward is an actor and played Picard but the other way - Stewart was played by Picard....ekhm....

well

M

Bw

im in the Dark Brotherhood, cool quests :)

quite weird, but i like it:)
ImageImageImage
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:38 am

Macca,

Whew!

For a second there I thought you were gonna say Star Trek isn't real!

~~~

NC,

Goat turtles and monkey goblins?

:lol:

Take it easy for a while. Practice on crabs and bandits before you take on more serious stuff. Let us know how things go. If it's still too hard, remember, there is still a dificulty slider.

Fal "Stuart wiff a 'u' " con
Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:31 am

Difficulty slider.... oooooooo

NC

:FI:Wood Elf of the now Englightened Clan
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:01 am

And I trust you have mastered the side step right mate? I mean just wait until they release a fireball and move left or right. Like you they have a certain number of fireballs until their magic level is retored. Scamps can also give you that little football tackle, so just stay within blade's reach and move around them while you attack.

Happy scamp hunter. :badgrin:
:FI:Cider
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Cider » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:33 pm

Nice game. My son's playing it day and night. Is there a ZZTop mod for it?

:FI:Ci"La Grange-Elf"der
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off.
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:50 pm

alas poor Yorik ...

there are no beards ...

yet!

Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:28 pm

Its a very sad day...

Today I've come to the conclusion my graphic card is out of date, oblivion will only play well if I play around low graphic settings. It's the first game thats managed to bring it to its elderly knees.

Alas poor ATI Radeon 9550, I know them.... oh well time for a new one!

NC
Menace
Postmaster

Post by Menace » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:11 pm

Don't forget that those baddies swinging those huge weapons have fatigue, just like you! A couple of swipes and they are like a weak kitten!

I am quite shocked at the ability of the AI to lead targets though! They are pretty good!

I think the poison apples are wrong, but strangely amusing. Gotta have patience to use them.

Nice Horse and Armour Falc.....I see that Sully isn't the Happy go-lucky type of Leprechaun, is he? Or is he taking vengance on a world without Whiskey? :lol:
"Give me a full bottle in front of me, instead of a full frontal lobotomy!"
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:02 pm

Yeah, Menace ...

Sully is kinna a dark wood Elf. :badgrin: He just finished the main and Dark Brotherhood (main part of the DB quest, it continues on) quests last night. There are still the Thief, Mage, Fighter quests and more that I haven't touched.

Whew! Four weeks of intense playing. (Four to ten hours a day the first week to about zero to three hours a day the last week.)

But beware, the main quest is kinna short. Don't focus on it for it will be over very quickly. Don't get me wrong. It's very hard near the end and very exciting; but <poof> it's over!

Gah! I'd love to show y'all some screenies, but they'd all be spoilers!

Fal "Evil Sully" con

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:56 pm

Thought you was busy doin' your house up Fal :lol:

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:12 pm

:FI:Sneaky_Russian wrote:Thought you was busy doin' your house up Fal :lol:

Well, it's a good thing there are 34 hours in a day then!

Yeah, it's been a busy month.

F

:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:47 am

Let me explain this folks. See in Oblivion one can buy one or more homes throughout the kingdom. So when Falcon said he had lots of home improvement to do, you see what he really meant was . . . ;)
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:33 pm

My dark elf has about 3 homes now decorated with stolen stuff. I spent to much time stealing stuff, but its just way fun! Specially the guard houses, picking they're pockets when they're asleep then cracking open they're 'treasure chests' then sneaking off.

As of late I've robbed castles - even stole from that guy who appears after you kill someone when your asleep... invisibility doesn't quite cut it for him.

Up to level 6, probably to much town time and not enough dungeon time but got Sneaking up to 54!

NC