Parking my plane in the hangar for another while longer

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Buster82
Professional Boardie

Parking my plane in the hangar for another while longer

Post by Buster82 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:30 pm

hello again lads
as some of you might have already noticed i've been absent for quite some time now. i've caught myself playing FB+AEP+PF less and less.
there are a couple of reasons for this. when i do play PF, i can still barely get my plane off the ground. i simply have to map too many key and remember too many things to just get in the air, same for landings. in the air i'm doing ok. but i still have to do too many things to keep flying to keep the game enjoyable for me. also i've came in contact with this awesome Canadian lady. she's a photographer and used to be a model and dancer too. anyways, we got to talk and asked me if i could help her to digitally repair several of her pics(scratch repair, remove dust spots, etc.) which i agreed to do. i'm having alot of fun doing so. not in the last place because it feels rewarding beeing able to help her out(if anyone wants to see what i'm talking about just let me know). however it's taking alot of my time. leaving little time for me to play PF or COD as i also like to maintain my social (real) life.
thus far i don't have any intention of leaving the squad yet, but i won't hold it impossible that this still might happen.
i might still pop up online once every blue moon or so and i will still troll around this bbs. lol :badgrin: but right now i'm concentrating on other new exiting things in life. heck my time actually becomes productive for other people now, for the first time in 3 years. lmao :p :lol:

cya folks around and don't forget to keep checking your 6 cose you'll never know when i might be shooting it to pieces. ;)
^:)
"Play your guitar on the MTV. That ain't working, that's the way you do it. Get your money for nothing and your chicks for free"
Mark Knopfler
Now that guy knows how to live a good life 8)
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Buster!

Post by :FI:Fenian » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:52 pm

Good luck with the Canuck!

Come back when you are ready and feel like it ;)

Me? My shytey ISP has decided to discontinue ISDN services for some unknown reason :roll: so they will cut me off in the coming weeks. It is now going to be November before braodband/DSL arrives at my doorstep.... so I too may be absent for a wee while....

RL sucks sometimes.....

And when she says paddle harder, Buster... do as she says ;)
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Buster...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:49 am

...we understand completely! :)
I can't imagine one of us who wouldn't do the same in your shoes. :)

Good luck, and join us when ya can, ok? ^:)

Fen,

Sorry to hear about the ISDN debacle. But, as you know, good thing are worth waiting for, and DSL rocks!!! ("course it rocks even better with a good machine, so I guess I'd better do something about it before I die.) :)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:15 am

Hi Buster I understand. Photography is another hobby of mine, I'd love to see some of your restoration work :D

But really, we all get busy, stay around as long as you can even if only infrequently.

s!
Snoop
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

It´s alright, Wouter!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:16 am

No need to worry at all, mate. Real life comes first because it ain´t a game, right? :shock:

I second with Helo and Fen ... good luck with the Canuck lady and may the force be with you! :D

BTW, what do you mean by watching my six? Don´t you think I don´t do that all the time while being airborne? :lol: :D ;)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Buster82
Professional Boardie

Post by Buster82 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:40 am

Thanks for understanding all.
:FI:Fenian wrote:And when she says paddle harder, Buster... do as she says ;)
hehe thanks for the advice Fenian :lol: i'm aware of that.
but one of the wonderfull things in this colleboration is that she insists on that i take all the time i need.
btw Sorry to hear about the ISDN debacle. i hope you'll get broadband as soon as you can.

Snoop one example of my restoration work is coming up.
:FI:Genosse wrote:No need to worry at all, mate. Real life comes first because it ain´t a game, right?
are you trying to tell me that if i crash a plane in RL that i won't respawn back on the airport again? :shock:
"Play your guitar on the MTV. That ain't working, that's the way you do it. Get your money for nothing and your chicks for free"
Mark Knopfler
Buster82
Professional Boardie

an example of my restoration work

Post by Buster82 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:58 am

the pics are quite big, i'm sorry for that. but if i seize them down you wouldn't see much of the repair work that i've done.
i'm not quite yet an expert at this but i still think i did pretty good for a beginner in these kind of things.
btw this is also the lady i was talking about. as you can see, i choose my women carefully 8) :lol:

before

after
Mark Knopfler
Salahdin
Boardie

Post by Salahdin » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:46 pm

Meas Mór Buster! Good luck with the Canadian bjorre :)
Come back to us soon
"God Save Ireland" said the Heroes
Just pink and fluffy

Wow!

Post by :FI:Fenian » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:22 pm

That girl is a cutie!

And such well-turned (pretty) ankles too!!!!

:D
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde