Hyperlobby Question

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems

Hyperlobby Question

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:34 am

I went to hyperlobby.com and found some dude's site denouncing Hyperlobby with a vengence. What gives. I know you guys fly on Hyperlobby and could offer some sound advice.

Is this guy full of crap, if 1/3 of what he says is true, I would have some issues. My thought is that if tons of people are flying using Hyperlobby, and don't have any problems must not be that bad. If they were getting hacked all the time, my guess is Hyperlobby would just cease to be because no one would use it.

Just looking for some opinions and information. I'm eager to fly the not so friendly online skies.

Noter
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:30 pm

Story is he has a gripe with jiri, the guy behind HL, and this guy is to be considered a rambling fool who we all ignor
:)
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:32 pm

I think you have already reached the logical conclusion. If it was that bad and that open, no one would use it.

Even if it were that open, you would not get a better online introduction, or as many players, playing different scenarios elsewhere.

HL is the home of all online wars, VEF, VF, Bellum, GhostSkies etc etc etc. They don't fly from anywhere else. You wanna play them you don't have the option ;)

G
I fear no beer

:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:30 pm

Thanks for the insight guys, kinda what I was thinking, but just wanted some reassurance.

Noter
Fogold
Beginner

Post by Fogold » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:09 am

I worried about that guy too. Seems to be unfounded. Good firewall should keep any attack at bay anyway.

As an aside, what's the problem with Ubi Com or Gamespy Arcade?
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:06 pm

Ubi soft - used to be a nightmare configuring it for hosting if you were behind a router (not sure if they even fixed it in the end). Also layout was shit. Very hard to see what settings were especially as the layout screen order did not match the layout screen order from within the game.

GameSpy - Seems to have baggage installed with it. Don't think you can launch coops from it? Can't even see a free download for it anymore to check ???

HL - Reliable and fairly simple to use. Not resurce intensive and essentially just does was it was meant to do with no other crap thrown in. Generally it's where it's happening. No need to go anywhere else. DF/Coop launch from there. Virtually all the on line wars launch from there. Simply no need to go anywhere else.

G
I fear no beer