Me blowing up stuff:)

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Me blowing up stuff:)

Post by Sapper-FIN » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:07 pm

This for mostly for Rules and MikeVictor, because only an engineer could get his kicks from this :lol:

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2BHK ... YFIRXOMPHG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I made it, those bombs i mean :D

Concidering the fact, that it was suppose to simulate air to ground, gun attack, i think those two guys took cover a little bit too late :lol:
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:17 pm

What's Rules and Mike doing together in that fox hole? :-$
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Somthing go boom?

Post by MikeVictor » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:17 pm

was that C4, dynamite, or TNT? :) :D

Was that you in the fighting postion shooting downrange?

Are those 7.62 mm semi auto rifles? What is their name?

Did you use a double ring main with Det cord? Electric or fuze detonators? How much explosive?

Was that a simulated bridge you blew up? or just simulated arty attack?

Cooolllll fellow sappers, Essayons! 8)

MicVic
:D
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:12 pm

I knew you´d like that, MV :lol:
was that C4, dynamite, or TNT?
It was compressed TNT... i like it more than plastics, because it´s not so messy to use... And we dont use dynamite in FDF, it´s too underpowered and besides; TNT is a lot cheaper ;)
Was that you in the fighting postion shooting downrange
Naw, those were our conscripts... I led that shooting exercise...
Are those 7.62 mm semi auto rifles? What is their name?
It´s an RK95 (full automatic) assault rifle. We rarely use them with full automatic... Actually, we particularly teach conscripts NOT to use full auto. Because the recoil of 7.62x39 calibre rifle is so great when firing with full auto, that you dont actually hit anything with it. Another reason is that we dont like to spray those bullets around... We shoot "double-taps" instead. here is some more information about our RK-family:

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as43-e.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RK95´s picture is the one in the bottom
Did you use a double ring main with Det cord? Electric or fuze detonators? How much explosive?
I used standard safety fuses, with standard primers. they were ignited with electric ignitors.

Ever since i had an accident with electric fuse, when i was a conscript 6 years ago, i´ve been avoiding the use of them. A "Low ignition energy electic fuse" (UR fuse) detonated in my left hand, screwing up one of my fingers (it doesn´t look so bad now). It was winter, and i had woolen mittens, when i was handling that fuse. Of course i had forgot that UR fuses can explode even from static electricity, they are very sensitive. And what do you get from wool?... static electricity... :? That´s what you get, from not listening your instructors :lol: Luckily we dont use UR fuses anymore... but i still dont like to use electric fuses.
Was that a simulated bridge you blew up? or just simulated arty attack

It was a simulated air to ground attack, with 30mm cannon... it would have looked more realistic, if i had used short delayed action electric fuses, but like i said, i dont like using them and besides, i dont think that those guys would have known the difference :lol:
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

BOOOM

Post by MikeVictor » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:49 pm

Sorry about your injury, that stuff can be dangerous for sure. Mend well!

Roger on the elecronic detnators. Never felt comfortable around them. We would twist the det wire ends together to short out the circuit until we hooked them up to the "crank". With all the electromagnetic stuff in the atomesphere nowadays, I think I would prefer fuzes as well, unless the timing of the detonation was critiacl. But, I haven't messed with that stuff since I was in Germany back in 78 to 81. I was with the US V-Corps. Commanded a combat engineer company and then became the Brigade S2 (military intelligence). First I was just west of Frankfurt in Eschborn and then I was in Hanau, a total of 3 years as a "Cold Warrior".

I loved, I mean Loved, living and traveling about in Europe those 3 years. A major highlight in my life for sure. Felt like I was doing something worthwhile, the off duty time was a blast, on duty was tough, way tough.

Hope to return to Europe some day when I have enough time to really get into it. Last trip over I went to Paris for a week and to Chamonix, FR for a few days of skiing...Whooaa!

I have some pics someplace of military stuff while I was in Ger. One is a picture of me warming my hands over a burning piece of TNT in blizard conditions at Vilseck (major training area). Yes, I said TNT, taken out of its cardboard container. Kinda like sterno, only dont step on it. It was standard TNT, not the souped up version you were using. Some of our sergeants had it buring on the range after a detonation to keep warm..I walked up not knowing what it was that was burning and put my hands over it as one of them took the pic. Then they told me what it was, I almost freaked, but apparently....it is safe to burn, just don't step on it or it will explode. Your version of TNT probably has a bit of nitro in it (not dynomite) or some other explosive compound so it may blow up if lite on fire. I liked C4 myself. makes a lovely loud bang and can be molded to fit the occassion.

Later my pioneer soldaten amigo,

Mike :)
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:24 pm

8) Well I tend to like to be able to know exactly when the stuff goes, so I prefere electrical-ignition...safety-fuze just isn´t reliable as far as time goes... ;)

We use PE, most of the time but TNT always gives a nice smell to the pit :p
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:14 am

No, our TNT is pretty safe too... you can burn it, shoot it, drop it and it wont go off... you just gotta wash your hands after you´ve handled it...

What is PE, rules? haven´t heard of it...
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Post by MikeVictor » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:11 pm

PE?

Purely Experimental? Sounds safe to me!

Did either of you fellow sappers ever train with the 130th EN Bde near Frankfurt/Hanau ?

On several occasions I enjoyed training with a number of NATO EN units during major exercises and smaller training exercises. One I liked was called BridgeEX where sapper units from NATO nations would gather at a place near Hanau called Campo Pond to demonstrate and train each other on their bridging, demolitions, mines, heavy equipment, etc. That was a hoot, especially at night when we could socialize and drink together in the dinning tent/beer garden. That is where I was initiated into an Ausie drinking club after I drank beer from one of their boots.

Our Brit friends were a cut above the rest in the field. While we were required to eat C rations for lunch, these guys had their own field pub set up with beer, steaks, movies, tables with clean linen on them....damn those guys knew how to go to the field. They added a spot of class to what otherwise was a vulgar affair. ;)

I had some good times (and tough ones) with my fellow pioneers in Germany.

PE Plastic Explosive... C4 and such...

Skol! Prost! :beer: ^:)
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:23 pm

8) No never been to Germany in that way...Only been there and got drunk ;)

The PE we use in the Swedish army is made of PETN(pentyl in swedish)
But have used C-4, britt PE and finish PE among many sorts...all have the dessired effect if aplied the right way ;)

When using electrical ignition we mostly use radio...no need for the pesky wires and lots easyer to get the gear together... ;)
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:24 pm

Naw, haven´t been in germany either... I´m going there next summer though, to participate the "combat endeavour". It´s an exercise, where NATO and Nato´s pfp (Partnership For Peace, like Finland for example) countries test the compatibility of their signal equipment... Should be interesting...

Hey Rules, didn´t you sweds also make this "NSP", or something like that... It´s a PE... i´ve used it a few times, and i love it... It´s like RDX, but it´s a lot easier to mould in cold temperatures... When the temperature is -25 degrees celsius, RDX is as easy to mold as a brick :lol:
When using electrical ignition we mostly use radio...no need for the pesky wires and lots easyer to get the gear together...
Well, you might have a smaller army than we do, but you sure have more money too :-({|= :lol:
Nightfly
Baby Boardie

Post by Nightfly » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:21 pm

HAHAHHA!

That video brings up a lot of memories :D Man I laughed...I could imagine myself there as I have been in similias exercises multiple times and hhahaha it's insane how similiar experiences those two conscripts had as I did for example :D

They take cover slooooowly and after the explosions are over the trainer shouts "VAARA OHI!!!" (danger over!) the other one says: "mitä se huus?!" ("what did he say/shout?") :D
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:23 pm

That video brings up a lot of memories Very Happy Man I laughed...I could imagine myself there as I have been in similias exercises multiple times and hhahaha it's insane how similiar experiences those two conscripts had as I did for example Very Happy
Yeah, it was a standard T4A, "squad´s defensive firing exersice in daylight", 6 years ago, when i was a conscript, we did did that same exersice many times too :lol:

But hey, "if it ain´t broken, dont fix it" :lol:

after the explosions are over the trainer shouts "VAARA OHI!!!" (danger over!) the other one says: "mitä se huus?!" ("what did he say/shout?") Very Happy
Usually it goes like this;

When the exersice is over, and i shout "Remove your hearing protectors!" there´s always couple of fighters, who cant hear that.

Then i shout to them; "remove your hearing protectors, othervise you cant hear anything"

And they reply; "Sir, we still have our hearing protectors on, so you´ll have to speak up"

;)
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

What'd you say!!?? Ehhhh??

Post by MikeVictor » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:52 pm

And they reply; "Sir, we still have our hearing protectors on, so you´ll have to speak up"

D'oh, :lol:

uhhh, try sign language or throw a smoke grenade as a signal ;)

So hey, if you haven't been to Deutchland, go. It's a beautiful country, especially the southern part with the Alps. And all that beer. I didn't know what good beer and wine were till I lived in Germany for 3 years.

Go during Fasching (Carnival, Mardi Gras) in February if you can, one heck of a beer party and the whole country turns into party animals. Every Gasthause has parties and there are alot of them about.

And Octoberfest is a good time too...especially in Munich
Prost!

http://www.gailswines.com/vls/music/EinProsit.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.gailswines.com/vls/music/DreiTag.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MicVic
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:12 am

8) The prob is solved with these...that we use over here...

http://www.websoft-solutions.net/peltor ... cmtcii.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good stuff....