signing on

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
McBiggles

signing on

Post by McBiggles » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:08 pm

Gentlemen,(?)
Greetings from Santa Fe, New Mexico. I'd read with intrest the suggested three steps to join,( not twelve ? or is that somthing else?)
anyway the thing is, I've been flying this sim in all of its incarnations since it first came out. I have updated to 3.4m and talked the long suffering Mrs. into high speed internet. The same long suffering but strangely indulgent Mrs, got me Track IR for my birthday, no idea why she just showed up with it. So equipment wise I think I'm ready. But we all know that it is the man not the gear. However, thr right gear never hurts. Having said that, up until now online combat was this not possible for a variety of reasons, my own lack of confidance probobly the greatest of these, and some hardware issues, but now I'm starting to feel like I need to see how it is real-time.
On a personal note: Since I was a kid, I was born in Carrickfergus, in the northern part of Ireland fortyseven years ago. From the time I was a
kid I've been fascinated by aviation, and the Battle of Britain in particular.This may have been started by uncle who, family legend has it spent some time filling in bomb craters at Biggen Hill. Anyway, he filled my head with stories of Mannock, Kilmartin, Paddy Finucane, and Beamish, and other Irish Pilots. Billy could take you back in time.
Anyway lads, it didn't take me long to know that if I was going to join anywhere it would be with you lot. If you'll have me, I'd honored . I'll be looking forward to seeing you online as soon as I can.

Respects,
McBiggles.
Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:48 pm

Hi there my good Sir,
I wouldn't worry about flying online too much , not when you've got us aces to protect you! :D I fly online but I'm normally dead before I even see the other plane :? ! I am really interested in Battle of Britain too so I look forward to flying online with you some time soon.Just one problem you have though. You will need the newly leaked patch 4.0 and I'm sure one of the lads or I can dig you out a link to a download site. ;)

I'll see you in the sky!

^:) Skipper
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill

Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:54 pm

Here's the link to 4.0m (You have to have PF+AEP+IL2 in a merged install)

Hope this is OK Gurb and hope this helps McBiggles!

Skipper
Winston Churchill

Skipper
Forum Junky

I'm an idiot!

Post by Skipper » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:56 pm

It appears in my waffling I forgot to post the link :? :o so here it is:

Da Link*

Skipper

* edited by :FI:Genosse ... due to avoiding unnecessary download traffic on the pigyn.com server please PM him for the link! - Thank you for your understanding :)
Winston Churchill

Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:00 pm

Sorry Sir Gen! :oops:

I won't do it again :)

Skipper
Winston Churchill

:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:17 pm

Nice intro McBiggles. Sadly we have another mate down your way (New Mexico), but we can entertain having two from down there I suppose. ;)

Fan of Battle of Britain too. With regards to gaming, I do believe the equipment is invaluable (TIR, good stick, high fps, good resolution, etc). Without it even a good aviation gamer will be limited. Sounds like you have a good combination of experience and now equipment. You should make out fine online mate.

Start adding :FI: names whenever you jump onto HyperLobby (you have HL right?). If not grab it from here - http://hyperfighter.sk/.

Our Squad is mostly European with an increasing number of American/Canadian folks. Time zones can be a problem during the week. As a group we fly Sundays (your afternoon), though you should see some of us during the week (especially Wednesday evenings).

Interested in an online campaign series? I plan on starting them up again in a couple of weeks. Here's the webpage - http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/ohearns/IL- ... ncounters/. If you join we also have a thread about the matter in our Member area on the forum.

Regards,
TactS!
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Welcome Mr. B

Post by :FI:Fenian » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:25 pm

Paddy Finucane and Victor Beamish were great lads indeed.

I have a book by Crecy Publishing in the UK about Beamish, and found this link to an RTE radio documentary about Paddy, that you can listen to online

;)

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/story/1034277.html

:beer:
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:31 pm

welcome :beer:
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Post by MikeVictor » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:01 am

Welcome McBiggles, 8)

I, like you, am a newbie to this lot. We can share our experiences if you like as we learn stuff in this game.

Also, I lived in Albuquerque, NM as a kid for a few years and later during my final years in the Army, 81 to 84. I knew a wonderful lady who lived in Santa Fe and spent some time there kicking about long ago. Went skiing at the ski resort nearby. My eyes grow misty at the thought.......

OK get a grip....well at any rate, Santa Fe is a cool place to live. I really miss the mountains and climate there.

Welcome again sir, this is a way cool bunch of guys for sure, lots of laughs,

Mike :wink2:
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Welcome, McB!.....

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:14 am

...Well, alrighty now!

Are we soon to be 2 new Mexican Irish?

I live in Grants, but don't hold it against me, ok? ;)
Moved from Montana via Louisiana, Maui, Oregon, and Georgia, and finally got here last year. (My arms are really tired!)

Welcome aboard, and enjoy your stay. Beer's in the cooler. Just leave one for me!
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Sixxpak
meep-meep!

Post by Sixxpak » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:24 am

cheers :beer: ^:)

and welcome m8 ;)
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Post by MikeVictor » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:12 pm

And here's a toast to the memory of gentlemen pilots Mannock, Kilmartin, Finucane & Beamish and to McBiggles for bringing our attention to them.

Well done gentlemen, thank you very much

Mike ^:) :beer: