Get it on

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Get it on

Post by MikeVictor » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:08 am

OK, I have 3.04m installed along with hyperlobby and teamspeak. I have a cable internet connection.

After I log onto hyperlobby, then what do I do to get into an FI session?

:) Mike
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:10 pm

Upgrade to version 4.00m maybe? :D
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Online at HL for first time, Thanks Snoop

Post by MikeVictor » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:59 pm

OK,

I was able to log into the public game hosted by snoopbaron on HL.

Had to tweak my video setup to improve frame rate but I still have too much latency to be able to handle the plan well. Crashed mostly when trying to do a low pass and pick out a tank to shot at. Can't see them from on high due to fog in the valley.

Glad I could get started, but need to improve frame rate. I'll be dog meat for sure if I don't.

Don't know where to get 4.00m, does it have bugs in it still as it has not been released I think.

Latency sucks, :cry:

Mike
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:26 pm

8) Here you can find all you need to get the most out of your comp...

http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/tech_pages.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:59 pm

You're new and having trouble. Well before you quickly become an Ace we need to have us a little dogfight methinks. :badgrin: :D

It will come in time mate.

TactS!
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Post by MikeVictor » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:34 pm

Hmmm, I'm toast for sure. Will look for you on the HL server and sneak up behind you when you're least suspecting...just to introduce myself of course...

Have tried to knock out some of those tanks in Snoops HL game area, but am having trouble lining up on them in time to nail them due to the fog.

Got to be quick on the controls and trigger, working on it. Have crashed into the ground a few times in the attempt, ouch.

I went to a window view instead of full screen and cut back on the graphics and sound quality, seems to be running smoothly enough now.

Mike
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Post by MikeVictor » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:39 pm

Oh yes, I downloaded 4.00m, but have not installed it yet. Not sure if I will have problems participating on HL if I do. 3.04m works Ok enough for a rookie I suspect.

Is there a plan to migrate all of FI to 4.00m at some date?
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:55 pm

MikeVictor wrote: Is there a plan to migrate all of FI to 4.00m at some date?
yesterday I think...judging by the amount of downloads off my server :shock: (I had not realised we had that many members... go on... 'fess up, who passed the link on?)

You can have multiple simulataneous installs. All of FB settings remain within the start up location folder rather than anywhere else, e.g. registery

Make a copy of your existing FB folder then install the patch in the original folder.

You can get HL to point at a specific location path by holding the shift button when you click to connect. It will then prompt you for the path to use.

That way you can join 3.04 or 4.0 games.

G
I fear no beer

MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Post by MikeVictor » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:08 pm

Do I need to make a copy of the Pacific Fighters folder as well before I install 4.0m?

Regards,

Mike
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:15 pm

I'm assuming you don't have a standalone PF install. Few do.

You don't have to create a copy, but it is handy to have as a back up, plus, once 4.0m is installed on teh original you won't be able to join 3.04m servers.

If you just have the one merged install located at a single folder, make a complete copy of that folder. Copy/paste ot to the same location. The newly created folder will then be your back up 3.04m installation. You can then install the patch over the original folder so that you have 4.0m and 3.04m side by side.

G
I fear no beer

MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Post by MikeVictor » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:19 pm

I installed using the merge PF, FB AEB and downloaded/installed the 3.04m version which works fine.

I'll go ahead and back up the PF folder as well, then install 4.0m

Thanks much, will let you know how it goes,

Mike :)
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Post by MikeVictor » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:20 pm

just thought of something, perhaps the PF folder is left over from a stand alone installation I did before.

Mike