Kill stealing....by the computer!?

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Skipper
Forum Junky

Kill stealing....by the computer!?

Post by Skipper » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:49 pm

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this on a single player campaign.I was just flying a mission when a guy hit a BF109....had it smoking and it caught fire and was heading down.....when these two guys from the same squadron came diving down firing at it trying to claim the kill for themselves!One actually crashed as it was trying to get the kill :? ....now that's desperation :D !Anyone else experince this or is it just my and my odd PC....hey that rhymes too....extra marks if you can finish with a rhyming couplet.
:D
Skip
Deathsledge
The Unforseeable

Post by Deathsledge » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:04 pm

yep, this has happened to me quite a bit offline, the damn buggers :x
There are two things that are infinite in life, human stupidity and the universe, and I'm not too sure about the universe. Albert Einstein
Baderslegs
Postmaster

Post by Baderslegs » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:12 pm

Yip the AI are point whores, man they'll always steal your kill if they can.
Originality and strangeness are good,
blind conformity and stupidity are unforgivable.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

:FI:Baderslegs
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:30 pm

Yep, the thieving bastards will go after a bird w/NO engine that is also on fire!! :shock: :roll:

If you happen to be in bird w/no engine, they will descend upon you with a vengeance as well.. :badgrin:

Oh well, I feel that if all my AI squaddies break off to kill a cripple, I have to worry a LOT less about being rammed, or shot up by one of them. :lol:
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Grecian
Postmaster

Post by Grecian » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:45 am

Yep them and Ardmore :evil: :badgrin: :D ^:)
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots..." Frank Spencer.

Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:43 am

yep... blasted AI kill-stealers! they'll for go perfect attack runs on other enemy planes to take YOUR already flaming, exploding, falling kill. in fact, they'll swarm in as if it was some sort of blood fest or something. i hate them.

Beo
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:24 am

I think it's funny when the AI go in for the old "conga line" on a single enemy AC and ignore everything else thats going on! :roll:
"Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:56 am

Its quite funny the first time ou see it but it gets tiresome and just makes me angry :evil: when one of them comes out of nowhere and crashes into yu in an attempt to steal your kill :( !
I don't know whether anybody else has noticed this but on the roster screen I either have way to many kills or the other pilots are all really bad.I have flown about 25 sorties with 10 ground kills and about 13 air kills.The leader of our squadron has flown 70!!!!! :shock: and only shot one plane down :o .....what is going on there!? :D

Skip