Hello!

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Hello!

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:32 pm

Greetings Lads,
I have recently applied to join your fine squadron, and in keeping with the requirements set down by Sir Falcon I am posting here and making my presence known. The requirement of jumping online and flying with you so that you may have your way with me...er...I mean, have at me, is going to be a bit difficult until I find a new hard drive for the computer I game with. You see I am intimately related with a most famous Irishman by the name of Murphy, Murphy's Law, that is. Murphy lives with me most of the time and is only too willing to assist my emotional growth with those little snags he creates from time to time to keep me on my toes.

Now I have flown with many of you of several occasions, so perhaps my performance could be called to mind. If not, then perhaps my old wingmate Beowolff could attest to my deft skill at the controls of my trusty Hurricane, P-40, or Yak-3. (Seems to me I still sport a bruise on my bum from lead dished out by FI:Genosse). If this is still not acceptable, which is fine, then I estimate I will be able to purchase a hard drive within the next couple of weeks, God willing.

I am available to fly mostly after work, around 11 pm USA Pacific Coast Time, although I can make time on the weekends I am off also, barring any family complications (read-"wife"). My favorite mounts are the Hurricane MkIIb, the P-40, and lately the Yak-3. I am not a patient fighter, I like to jump right in and begin mixing it up in a turn fight, which servers me well most of the time. I'd like to get involved in VOW and VEF because I like the idea of having statistics kept on my performance.

I welcome your interrogatories as I recognize that this is a fine squadron open only to those who deserve to be part of such an organisation. Until such time as I am allowed to place the coveted FI: before my call sign, I bid you all, good day!

ZekeMan

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:14 pm

:wink2:
Nice to see you finally found the light side!
:)
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Aloha Zeke!

Post by :FI:Fenian » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:39 pm

Nice to have you on the gangplank!

Don't fall in now!!!

;)
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Baderslegs
Postmaster

Post by Baderslegs » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:16 pm

I'm sure I've seen you around Zekeman. A most unusual name.

Anyhows welcome to our eh, hmm whatumacallit, thingymibob.

Welcome, welcome.

:beer: :beer: :beer:
Originality and strangeness are good,
blind conformity and stupidity are unforgivable.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

:FI:Baderslegs

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:36 pm

Thank you, kind sirs, and I tip an ale to you! Baderslegs, now that is an handle I would remember. Unfortunately I don't think I've had the pleasure of winging with you yet, Fenian I have...think you killed me once or twice, LOL. Spitsfire I beleive we've crossed propellars also.

ZekeMan is a evolution (mutation?) from my original air-sim handle of Zeke3, back in the Air Warrior 1 days on AOL. Gees, that was what, ten or twelve years ago? There I formed the B-land Flying Tiger Squadron and was the CO up until AW2, where I became Zeke7 (Zeke being short for Ezekial, the prophet of doom and destruction, not after the Japanese fighter as many have postulated). Then came CFS1, and the air-sim world changed for me. Once again the Flying Tigers flew with distinction, but now I was known as ZekeMan. With me at this time was my good freind Beowolff. With the advent of CFS2 the Flying Tigers became the Ronin. Our motto was: "Give Ronin ten seconds, and he shoot your ass down."
The next great evolutionary step, of course, was IL-2...but ZekeMan I remained.

One of the original members of the AW1 Flying Tigers still calls me Zeke instead of Mike, LOL.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:37 pm

Anonymous wrote:Thank you, kind sirs, and I tip an ale to you! Baderslegs, now that is an handle I would remember. Unfortunately I don't think I've had the pleasure of winging with you yet, Fenian I have...think you killed me once or twice, LOL. Spitsfire I beleive we've crossed propellars also.

ZekeMan is a evolution (mutation?) from my original air-sim handle of Zeke3, back in the Air Warrior 1 days on AOL. Gees, that was what, ten or twelve years ago? There I formed the B-land Flying Tiger Squadron and was the CO up until AW2, where I became Zeke7 (Zeke being short for Ezekial, the prophet of doom and destruction, not after the Japanese fighter as many have postulated). Then came CFS1, and the air-sim world changed for me. Once again the Flying Tigers flew with distinction, but now I was known as ZekeMan. With me at this time was my good freind Beowolff. With the advent of CFS2 the Flying Tigers became the Ronin. Our motto was: "Give Ronin ten seconds, and he shoot your ass down."
The next great evolutionary step, of course, was IL-2...but ZekeMan I remained.

One of the original members of the AW1 Flying Tigers still calls me Zeke instead of Mike, LOL.
Oops, I forgot to sign in. :oops:
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:08 am

I log in then press back and refresh, otherwise it guestifies me :)
If you didnt forget to log in completley
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:20 am

Hi Zeke :) Good to see you here, I've always enjoyed flying with you!

s!
Snoop
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:33 am

:FI:Snoop Baron wrote:Hi Zeke :) Good to see you here, I've always enjoyed flying with you!

s!
Snoop
<S> Snoop!
Sure do miss not flying on that excellent server of yours. I told my wife that I am starting to go thru withdrawals, so she'd better come up with some bucks for a hard drive or I can't be responsible for my actions. I even put a crazed gleam in my eyes. Of course, all she did was laugh at me. :lol:

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:13 am

well, now. fellows, i must say, i've known, Zekeman here for some LONG length of time. not a better wingy around (and a hell of a good writer too! anyone visiting the Lair extension site, Forever Combat will know him right off thru his great and fine tales there.)

Though it was Zekeman's idea to start up the Ronin Squadron, we were both in it from the beginning, two old war horses from Air Warrior days, and what a squad it was in CFS1. We had a fairly large and virtious bunch, with our share of rowdy, good-natured fellows to fly with. ah, the names still spin thru my ole head, Suds Monster, Jay Town, the little German guy....what was his name? and many, many others, and we were a force to be reckoned with on the old MS Zone of the day. but times change, real life set in and took so many of them, CFS 2 flopped and disapointed many... and the Zone became populated with five year olds. sigh.

we two (Zeke and I) hung on till the very last, remembering our mighty days in the sun... but now its time to move on. and neither, He, nor I, could have picked a better bunch to throw in with. the Fightin' Irish!

now, as to Zeke's virtures. well, he can fight and he can shoot...and definitely knows his way around a P-40/Hurricane cockpit. i've felt his slugs many a time.... in a manly sort of way, of course.

one thing... he LOVES both cattle prods AND buffalo prods being used on him! and at the same time. yep! a real glutton for punishment! so for God's sake, jerk on those rubber gloves, loop the rubber apron over your neck, slip on the rubber boots... and put the JUICE to him! he can't get enough!

and don't hold back any voltage! crank it up! and keep putting it to him! why, he'll thank you for it... trust me.

:badgrin:

oh, and hide the sheep when he comes near. he's from the West Coast... and you know what they say about "those" fellows!"

but all said and done, he'll make a fine Irishman.

Salute!

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Rubber Gloves?...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:01 am

...You meant maybe Latex?

Hey!

Anyone need a Proctologist? :D
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Baderslegs
Postmaster

Post by Baderslegs » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:11 am

Will be good to have a fellow sheep admirer in the squad.

Salute! from Scotland where men are men and sheep are terrified!

:sheep: :sheep: :sheep:
Originality and strangeness are good,
blind conformity and stupidity are unforgivable.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

:FI:Baderslegs
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Welcome to the boards, Z!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:56 am

Hope you´ll enjoy your time on our BB ... moreover I hope you´ll have good time in the virtual skies with us ... ;)

Looking forward to see your performance in the P40/Hurricane/Yak-3! :D

^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Cider
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Cider » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:17 pm

hi and welcome, zekeman!

mmmmmh, hurricanes. i like to fly this bird too. downed a fw190 with it online once - great plane!!

cya online mate!

:FI:Cider
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off.
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:41 pm

:FI:Baderslegs wrote:Will be good to have a fellow sheep admirer in the squad.

Salute! from Scotland where men are men and sheep are terrified!

:sheep: :sheep: :sheep:
Selling all my sheep so I can afford a hard drive to get online with you lads. Its been difficult because Beowolff basically scared them so bad his last visit their wool all fell out and has not grown back. Who wants to buy naked sheep? Well, I'm sure that would appeal to some, but...

Z