Dia dhuit !

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:16 pm

Now now, we'll have nun of that kind of thing here thank you very much...

(What's the bet that that thing is marketed as 'Sister Fister'? O:) )
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:38 pm

rofl !

that was a good one -

i stand a round for all !

cheers !
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:00 pm

Yes! proNUNciation!the first one is better, more responsive , I believe.More Force Feedback, warmth, softness....gah.... :D :p

Airway

I've got the Teach Yopurself Irish ,course for English speaking ppl who want to learn irish, by Joseph Sheils and Diamuid O Se ( probably bad spelling).
It has got 2 CDs- dialogs, proNUNciation,etc. and a book, quite thick one, lots of cool topics, I mean, from real life situations. I hope to find some time to start with it. I'm glad I have an irish frined here in koszalin, she can help me with the proNUNciation of Irish words.
ImageImageImage
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:02 pm

Guys, if I come to Ireland wil yta find me such a nun in advance:)?LOL
ImageImageImage
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:06 pm

well if your going to learn irish, remember to pay extra attention to the grammar, espessially the n(o)uns :D
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:46 pm

red haired n(o)uns?
ImageImageImage
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:04 am

:FI:Macca44 wrote:red haired n(o)uns?
If we're lucky

:D

Welcome!
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:09 am

:? utter NUNsense..

I'll take 2 redheads.. and call me in the mourning. ;)
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:02 am

:FI:Macca44 wrote:lots of cool topics, I mean, from real life situations.
Macca, to be honest, the only time Irish people actually speak Irish is when they go on holidays and they don't want the locals to understand what they're saying (because it's usually derogatory! :badgrin: ) Most Irish people don't even understand the road signs or the derivation of local town names (myself included sometimes)

I had Irish drilled into me for 14 years in school and I still have barely more than my cúpla focail. It seems as though every single Irish class in senior school (c.age 12 - 18 ) was spent memorising the 11 irregular verbs as if aliens were going to come down and quiz us on them with the fate of the human race depending on our knowledge of abair, beir, clois, déan, faigh, feic...

Feck! Arse! Drink! GggggggggGirls!

My girlfriend has a degree in Irish but finds the language far easier to write than to speak. (EDIT: although I can attest to the ability of her tongue in other areas ;) )

Contrary to the romantic view, it ain't a pretty language anymore. It's Q-Celtic roots occasionally bleed through retaining all of their charm but the more modern dialects have been significantly Anglicised. True, it has been used to terrific and wonderful effect by bards and artists, but in lesser hands it usually resembles a dyslexic coach's playbook when written, and a coughing fit on board a rickety sloop during a phlegm storm when spoken.

Man that's good imagery! :homer:

Ach is grá liom é fós! :lol:

Imrigh é fionnfuar,

-Múg
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:48 pm

:FI:Macca44 wrote:...I'm glad I have an irish frined here in koszalin, she can help me with the proNUNciation of Irish words.

i also want such a girlfriend ;)

@moog
and learning "irish" hasn´t to do with conversation
if you learn irish you won´t start world war 2 either or?

:lol:

i want to learn irish just for me beacause i like ireland very much and more it´s mystic side....
bla

:)
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:11 pm

:FI:Moog wrote:
:FI:Macca44 wrote:lots of cool topics, I mean, from real life situations.
Macca, to be honest, the only time Irish people actually speak Irish is when they go on holidays and they don't want the locals to understand what they're saying (because it's usually derogatory! :badgrin: ) Most Irish people don't even understand the road signs or the derivation of local town names (myself included sometimes)

I had Irish drilled into me for 14 years in school and I still have barely more than my cúpla focail. It seems as though every single Irish class in senior school (c.age 12 - 18 ) was spent memorising the 11 irregular verbs as if aliens were going to come down and quiz us on them with the fate of the human race depending on our knowledge of abair, beir, clois, déan, faigh, feic...

Feck! Arse! Drink! GggggggggGirls!

My girlfriend has a degree in Irish but finds the language far easier to write than to speak. (EDIT: although I can attest to the ability of her tongue in other areas ;) )

Contrary to the romantic view, it ain't a pretty language anymore. It's Q-Celtic roots occasionally bleed through retaining all of their charm but the more modern dialects have been significantly Anglicised. True, it has been used to terrific and wonderful effect by bards and artists, but in lesser hands it usually resembles a dyslexic coach's playbook when written, and a coughing fit on board a rickety sloop during a phlegm storm when spoken.
Hoog, I know that
Man that's good imagery! :homer:

Ach is grá liom é fós! :lol:

Imrigh é fionnfuar,

-Múg

Moog, I know that, but I just want to learn the Irish lg for its own sale. I never thought it could make it easier to communcate when I'm in Ireland ( haven't been so far). But i find the language very beautiful , contrary to Italian (IMHO) or Spanish. Also I would like to learn some Finnish (spelling??) and French.

Ahh, when it comes to my irish friend here where I live - she is not my girlfriend. Though she is a redhead:) :D

Anyway, I hope that more and more Irish people will learn their language, otherwise Ireland will be one of the countries that do not have their own lg, lik the US (english,even if it is American :)).Don't get me wrong.I'm not saying that this is bad, not at all. I would love to have for example english as my second national language, or any other lg.But somehow I believe that it improves the feeling of national identity.You know, diversity.Mayube I'm wrong. I know that the fact that in Ireland English lg is (whatever the gov says) the first lg has very simple basis.The centuries of British rule etc. In eastern Europe in copuntries like Ukraine, Belrussia, Lithuania - in these countries almopst everybody can speak Russian but they came back to their national languages.

Maybe I should try to learn Japanese...or Hindi....

So...

Serdeczne pozdrowienia z Polski.

S!
Macca
ImageImageImage
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:42 am

Check these sites out for starters http://www.lincolnu.edu/~focal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://cic.ie/cgi-bin/index.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.daltai.com/home.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.beo.ie/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;