Mini FW190 RC model.

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Biggles3
Baby Boardie

Post by Biggles3 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:00 am

that was me btw:P
' Dont Worry.. i crash better than anybody i know '

Mel Gibson
Air America
Anything, Anywhere, Anytime.
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:48 am

WOW :shock: !!
Kcid
Baby Boardie

Post by Kcid » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:58 pm

Biggles: Yeah It's a proper club and all with quite a few instructors, you have to get a rc pilot lincense in the Netherlands in order to fly otherwise you get a huge bill from the Police.
I've mailed them already with a few questions, and I know it's not a "toy" what I meant was that it's a really cool "boy toy" :D
It's not the bullet that kills you, it's the hole.
PsychClone

Post by PsychClone » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:38 am

looks like a lot of fun , I had a battery powered RC plane about 7/8 yrs ago would stall if you pointed the nose up slighty , was very weak . I guess they have come along way in recent years with battery technology and electric motors . The electric ones were, are called park flyers I think, meaning you didnt need to be on a closed coarse or have a license to operate it , but with these news ones maybe thats changed ?
Biggles3
Baby Boardie

Post by Biggles3 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:37 pm

The word parkflyer doesnt mean you dont need a licence.. just means its slow or manuverable enough to fly it in a local park.

also as far as licencing.. you dont NEED a licence (at least in the UK or US) but if you end up damageing somthing or somebody.. your responsable for your damages. If you become a member of govorning body (BMFA or whatever the alternative is in yout country) then they give you insurance so if you do and up doing some damage your not out on a limb.

Motor and Battery performance has been doubling about every year for the last 5 or so years.. its starting to flatten off now. but the progress has been incredable. there are 2 Meter wingspan fully airobatic models that are electric powered now. They easely have enough power to hover on there prop and and at full power they will accellerate in the virtiticle and carry on going till you cant see it any more.

A large percentage of my model collection (over 25 flyable) are powered buy what is essentaily called normal IC engine. but electric is certainly becoming very apealing.. It will never replace the big 100cc twin i have in my large scale airobatic model.. but for an aircraft that you can just have charged and in the back of your car.. ready for flying in a moments notice.. you cant realy beat electric.

Now look at this:

This massive airobat is electric

It would normaly have a 60cc single cylinder petrol engine. And while it doesnt have the same kind of power. it flies.. Its airobatic...

Here you can see its first flight
http://www.gregcovey.com/RCU2/Edge540maiden.wmv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The whole of the flight was done on under half throttle because if he went over that the engine would cut because the speed controler wasnt up to the job. and the aircrfaft wasnt badly damaged in the crash.

when he gets a new ESC and gives it full power it should go allot better:D

amazing realy

Mel Gibson
Air America
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:41 pm

cool

but where are you?

and may we see your collection?

any good wainscoting pics?
Biggles3
Baby Boardie

Post by Biggles3 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:07 pm

Ok where here is a small collection of pics. Taken last summer

Ok here is me holding 2 of my gliders.

Here is a couple of pics of a few of my models

Most of the ones that arent featured here are scale ones that take quite a while to assemble (flying wires ect)

Next is the favorite biplane i have (and i have 3)
Its a sports scale model of a real aircraft called a Bowers Flybaby Bip-Plane. Built from plans.

Here is me sideslipping her in for a slow landing.

and finaly i have one of a good friend of mine and member of the model club i fly at holding his glider

That lovley pic was taken on a late summer evening last summer at our clubs wonderful strip.

On the building board at the moment is a Hawker Hunter EDF (electrc ducted fan) witch will be very quick when its finished for this summer.. There is also my dads P51D witch will have all the bells and whistles you can imagine like lights,breaks, air retracts and scale oleo legs and working exaust stubs.. its going to be for the british scale champs in a few years time.. when we get it finished ;). there is also a DH Hornet twin that is just starting being cut out from plans.

keeps me busy ;)

Mel Gibson
Air America
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:35 pm

Thanks for sharing Red!

I built a few flying models when I had the time and I see some excellent work there!

What do you use to cover your wings these days?

You need to get a larger home though,

you're about to outgrow that old one.

:)

and a special thanx for that nice picture of the hills, beautiful!

Fal "flatlander" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Nice stuff m8!!!

Post by :FI:Fenian » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:37 pm

Thanks for sharing!

:)
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:51 pm

well. for sports models i use this stuff called profilm. dunno what its called out in the Us.. but its a Iron on plastic covering that you rougly iron on and then shrink down using a hot air gun (its heat shrink) for my scale moddles i use either nylon or tissue and dope.
Biggles3
Baby Boardie

Post by Biggles3 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:48 am

that was me.. again..

Mel Gibson
Air America
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:31 pm

awesome stuff biggles, you know i love those FW's

im gonna have to get me one of those FW 190's :) So i can fly it over to snoops place and drop a bomb of rotten eggs or somerthing on his house :D
:: napier ::

:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:13 pm

Great Stuff Mr Biggles!!! That is a fantastic stable you have there. From what I can see your handiwork is flawless. That is a LOT of work represented there. ^:)

:beer: :D
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:40 pm

I like the look of that biplane... it seems more natural or real than some of the others?

Does the Fw190 have an undercarriage, or is it air-launch and belly land?

G
I fear no beer

Biggles3
Baby Boardie

Post by Biggles3 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:31 pm

No it just lands on its belly as you can see from the videos.

doesnt do any damage tho. as it lands so slowly.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.. My dad does a fair amount of the building as he realy enjoys that.

The biplane (called the Flybaby) is lovley and there is nothing like lazely puttering around on a summer evening doing low passes and touch and gos.

As i said.. that pic of the models is only a small part of the my entire fleet. i have lots more stacked away in the workshop ;)

Mel Gibson
Air America