Rome: Total War

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:23 am

Talk is cheap. I'm calling YOU out Falcon for an online battle! :shock:

Still bathing in the bloodbath I just gave someone online. So that would make my record 1 win and 0 defeats. I ought to retire, shouldn't I? :oops:

So come on Falcon baby - name the time and place mate! :D
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:41 pm

I would prefer that you DIDN'T prepare for online, please?! ;)
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:32 pm

While not critical, wondering if you guys have printed a copy of Harold Marcus's (a.k.a. Soulflame) Rome: Total War Unit Guide (version 1.1). Somewhat useful when facing an opposing army and considering your plan of attack. Plus obviously you can compare troops and available resources.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:05 pm

Yes. Right now there's a 2 for 1 deal on Roman war dogs. :D
Post Maniac General

Greeks or Geeks?

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:52 am

Well my fellow Romans enjoying my first Full Campaign for a little while now (still just using Medium/Medium - will try Very Hard next time, honest ;) ).

Anyway, playing as the Julii and destroyed the Gauls (again). And it looks like the Greeks haven't got long to live either.

Some further thoughts about the game.

War Dogs continue to be an important troop for me. Yes great for chasing down enemy troops, but I also like using them to push back an enemy when I am attempting to break into their town/city.

I move around populations by training peasants and then disbanding them to smaller settlements.

I kill off populations of enemy settlements and their shines, then make roads and repair - then off to the next battle.

Enjoying the new troops now starting to become available to me - great stuff! Did you guys check out your cities - they have all the buildings like the aquaducts with water within them.

After the Greeks I am going to pay the Britons a visit. Get your sofa ready for me Gurb. Hmmm . . . on second thought forget it mate as I suspect I won't be in a friendly mood when I arrive to your island. ;) And close your ears Gen, 'cause afterwards I'm paying a visit to Germania - they really annoyed me earlier in the game. Grrrr . . . :badgrin:

Great game. What are you boys been up to (Falcon & Gurb)?
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:35 am

Personally, I'm flying around New Guinea... I don't think the Roman Empire extended that far.

...and the occasional mail to Falcon telling him much he is going to like PF ... if it ever gets released down his way.

R-TW stopped when PF arrived.

G
I fear no beer

Bambi
Baby Boardie

Post by Bambi » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:45 pm

but it gets awful lonely in new guinea when your flight decides play chicken with them mountains... over and over :(
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:18 pm

No Strength and Honor boys? :( It's not against the rules to play both games you know? ;)

And wait a minute Falcon, why so hung up on PF, are YOU going to be flying with us again mate? [-o<

P.S. In case you didn't know R:TW is now OUT in the USA. No waiting unlike that PF nonesense being released in Europe. Gee, the USA shows up late for the Eastern/Western Fronts and they get the game first, but actually mix it up in the Pacific Theatre and no game for them. Strange marketing plan - I like it. :D
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:58 pm

Just checked with my local EB Games store - Pacific Fighters will be in their store this Thursday (October 28th). Not sure if Oleg will be there to provide signed copies though. I'll let you boys know. :D
Bambi
Baby Boardie

Post by Bambi » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:57 pm

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:No Strength and Honor boys? :( It's not against the rules to play both games you know? ;)
"Falcon, what are we gonna do tonight??"

"Same thing we do every night tacty: TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD"

"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:30 pm

dududududuuduu.... pinky and the brain! dududududduuu!

:lol:
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:34 pm

:lol:
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:40 am

Well, well, well so Mr. Bambi (now there's a tough name :shock: ) has taken the gloves off. OK, mate. So you live in Dublin, Ireland, eh? Good, me and some of my Roman buddies are heading YOUR way to pay your island a little visit . . . Roman-style! :badgrin: :badgrin:

And by the way, I'm Brainy and Falcon is the other dude, right?
Bambi
Baby Boardie

Post by Bambi » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:54 am

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:Well, well, well so Mr. Bambi (now there's a tough name :shock: ) has taken the gloves off. OK, mate. So you live in Dublin, Ireland, eh? Good, me and some of my Roman buddies are heading YOUR way to pay your island a little visit . . . Roman-style! :badgrin: :badgrin:

And by the way, I'm Brainy and Falcon is the other dude, right?
doode read your history, that campaign woud be historically inaccurate, romans never came here ...cos they knew they'd get their war poodles handed to em :lol:

errmm but I had you delivering pinkies lines though mate, make of that what you will ;)

Leonardo da Vinci
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:42 pm

Maybe true, but they certainly occupied Briton. Last night went and sacked my second British town, wiped out half their population when I took occupation of the place, and they had the nerve to revolt and a rebel force expelled me from the settlement. :shock: The nerve of them stubborn Brits! "A people should know when they are conquered" (Gladiator).

So I marched right back in and wiped out their rebel force of 800 (including warrior women - whatsup with that - girly men in England maybe? ;) ) and wiped out the population again. Seems like the surviving 400 peasants are now adjusting to Roman rule quite nicely.

What was kind of neat is that earlier in the evening I had just watched a show on the Discovery Channel about women warriors of Briton.

Anyway, Mr. Bambi, while it may not be historically correct, me and the boys are now heading over to Ireland to straighten you barbarians out! :badgrin: :badgrin: (I'll be thinking of you as the villagers succumb to my sword - strength and honour!).

-----------------------------------

Finding the Brits and Germans tougher foes then the Gauls and Spanish. Nice.

Oh, by the way I have those there "burning pigs" now. Nice for the men as we can have pork chops right after the battles now. Can someone pass the wine?

TacitusS!