H2Ownership?

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

H2Ownership?

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:30 pm

I thought the North Korean politicians were the ones supposed to be nuts, but this takes the biscuit.
oregon-claims-state-ownership-over-all-rainwater

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: H2Ownership?

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:36 pm

We'll fight them at the nemeds,at the springs and holy well's,we'll fight them near the run/off's and the water butt's ,we'll never surrender, intro "Ace's High" Iron maiden. In Ireland,Germany own's all the water and the little pixi heads.
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:59 pm

:FI:Wolfhound wrote:In Ireland,Germany own's all the water and the little pixi heads.
Ja, he is zooo right. Maybe you know all the famous first lines of the German anthem "Wasser, Wasser über alles. Über alles in der Welt." Even I've heard rumours that some of my fellow people actually use water to ... take a bath!

Naw, not this kind of bath this conservative German politician took after giving his word of honour. I was more thinking about this here ...

Jeeeez! Absolutely not this one ... it is more about this ...

Isn't that sick and pervert? Using water to keep yourself clean instead of using it for more senseful and useful things like ...

Don't ye agree?

Anyhow, ...

:beer:
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:40 pm

Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen!

I don't think Mr. Harrington needs ALL that water.

There are poor sasquatch in Eugene going without Gerolsteiner!!!

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:McBiggles
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:18 pm

Like Mr. Clemens said, ' Whiskey is for drinkin, water is for fightin over.'
He is sure gonna be right about that around here.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sence of tragedy, which sustained him, through temporary periods of joy.
W.B. Yeats
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:57 pm

its a tough one.

Guy applied for a permit to build ponds to catch rainwater. Permit removed so ponds need to be removed.

I can see his point of view but also the states.

What happened if someone owned the landed feeding the Colorado river and decided to catch all the snow/rain runoff from the rockies thus denying most of CA a water source. Would that be ok after all it is his land.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:08 pm

:FI:Armitage wrote:its a tough one.

Guy applied for a permit to build ponds to catch rainwater. Permit removed so ponds need to be removed.

I can see his point of view but also the states.

What happened if someone owned the landed feeding the Colorado river and decided to catch all the snow/rain runoff from the rockies thus denying most of CA a water source. Would that be ok after all it is his land.
Good point, and is California stealing Oregons water by virtue of the rivers that flow across the border?

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:17 pm

Yeah Eamonn,you tell him sneaky =D]
sorry getting a bit emotional ,i think its the lack of water,the germans only allow us Ersatz water now, :^o
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:52 pm

Portland is one of the last metro areas not to add fluoride to their water and the voters voted against it time after time.
well at least their precious bodily fluids are safe :lol:

:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:13 am

Good point, and is California stealing Oregons water by virtue of the rivers that flow across the border
Will if you live in certain parts of the world such as Israel, India, some parts of S. America then some countries dam rivers close to the source depriving countries down stream the water.
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:12 am

I lived in Oregon shortly after I came back to the Mainland. During that period I had the misfortune live and work in Jackson County to boot.
That whole stae, and ESPECIALLY Jackson County are so f*cked up I left before the phone threats were carried out. Long story.
BTW, the state can have all the water it wants, cuz the people are just as f*cked up. #-o
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x