Job application

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Nix
Baby Boardie

Job application

Post by :FI:Nix » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Hello comrades,

the task is simple: Ever since I have finished the University I am looking to find a job abroad. I am from Serbia and the situation here is pretty grim as far as the production and engineering goes. So after almost one year of searching for a job I have decided to go desperate and ask here on forums if anyone knows any employment opportunities, web sites or anything that has to do with employment of a mechanical engineer. I am even prepared to do the jobs not related to my training, just to get me started abroad. As I mentioned earlier I have a Masters Degree In Mechanical Engineering, I am a average fighter pilot :) (just kidding), I am proficient in computer use including 3D modeling, 2D design, programming, web design and almost anything that has to do with computers. My English has been said here to be fluent, I also speak a bit of Portuguese and German.

I am not sure if this is permitted here on forums and I apologize if it is not, but I am quite desperate here.

Any kind of help is highly appreciated.

Kindest regards,

NIX :beg:

Keep in mind, if you fly perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit flies perfect Offensive BFM … "you're gonna die".
"If one flies like a wuss, one dies like a wuss." N. Jovanovic - Nix, Fightin' Irish Squadron, 2011
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: Job application

Post by :FI:Scott » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:14 am

I don't think it is just Serbia Nix, it's everywhere.

The only company that i know of in my neck of the woods that has anything remotely to do with what you are looking for is Bright Steels. They have a web site and it couldn't hurt to make enquiries- http://www.bright-steels.com/index.html.

Its around the corner from where I live so I could buy you a pint (of real beer)
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:35 am

:FI:Nix wrote:I am not sure if this is permitted here on forums and I apologize if it is not, but I am quite desperate here.
Since you're a member of the FI community it doesn't matter at all, Nix! :)

Unfortunately, I can't help you when it comes to Mechanical Engineering since I don't know what kind of work this really involves. Do you have specified yourself when you made your Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering? What kind of engineering does your work cover? I could take a look on German web sites and/or ask my friends for some hints to find a job in this area but you need to be more specific (hey, it's Germany ... every gear wheel needs to be in certain order, JA!).

I could help you getting a under-paid job as a postman if you like, Nix. Those kind of rotten jobs we have plenty over here ... :evil:

Just let me know about your engineering specialization via PM. And ... keep up the hope, m8!!!! :D

^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:18 pm

Hey Nix

I work for a company called CarnaudMetalbox Engineering (and amongst other things I am in charge of recruitment :D ) we are based in West Yorkshire.

Website is http://canlinespares.com/index.php

We have a couple of vacancies for Mechanical and Control System Engineers at the moment - send me your CV in English to this address:

neil.pearse@eur.crowncork.com

Only issue might be work permit - Serbia not in EU so no freedom of employment I am afraid. Unless you have an Irish or German passport or something like that?
Olegs stalker

:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:41 pm

Neil, that web site needs some work! No stats/analytics ...

Nix, afraid its the same in Ireland as it is for the rest of Europe.

How are you programming skills? Can you write any software that could be used by Mech Eng ? A know a structural engineer in Ireland who did this and created a very successful application and now has 10 engineers working for him.
Baby Boardie

Post by :FI:Nix » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:36 pm

First of all I must say that I am completely astonished with the response from you fellows and am grateful for your help.
:FI:Scott wrote: The only company that i know of in my neck of the woods that has anything remotely to do with what you are looking for is Bright Steels. They have a web site and it couldn't hurt to make enquiries- http://www.bright-steels.com/index.html.
Its around the corner from where I live so I could buy you a pint (of real beer)

I will certainly visit the site and apply.
:FI:Genosse wrote:
:FI:Nix wrote: ...
Just let me know about your engineering specialization via PM. And ... keep up the hope, m8!!!! :D
Will send the details via PM, and thanx for the support ;) Yes I am prepared to do crappy jobs, I ain't picky :) have to start from somwhere :D Postman is just fine ;)
:FI:Nellip wrote:Hey Nix

I work for a company called CarnaudMetalbox Engineering (and amongst other things I am in charge of recruitment :D ) we are based in West Yorkshire.

Website is http://canlinespares.com/index.php

We have a couple of vacancies for Mechanical and Control System Engineers at the moment - send me your CV in English to this address:

neil.pearse@eur.crowncork.com

Only issue might be work permit - Serbia not in EU so no freedom of employment I am afraid. Unless you have an Irish or German passport or something like that?
Thank you Neil, I will send you the CV to the E-mail address you have specified. Yes, work permit is an issue but as long as the company is prepared give me a job it should not be a problem obtaining one. Yes, Serbia is nowhere near any kind of union, association or anything which all of the modern and normal countries are a part of-one of the reasons I would like to leave this place.
:FI:Armitage wrote: How are you programming skills? Can you write any software that could be used by Mech Eng ? A know a structural engineer in Ireland who did this and created a very successful application and now has 10 engineers working for him.
I have no formal knowledge in programming, I did however write around 20 programs with various functions using Visual Basic 6. I taught it my self using the internet, and have developed 2 sophisticated programs (install protection software and an XML compiler). I am even selling the XML compiler on simmarket (http://secure.simmarket.com/skyhighsim- ... auge.phtml). So I am guessing I could work on mechanical engineering programs. I am quite flexible and easy learner. If you could send me his contact it would be a blast.

Thank you once more you guys, I will try to shoot you down in one pass if I encounter you online flying ;)

^:) :beg:

Keep in mind, if you fly perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit flies perfect Offensive BFM … "you're gonna die".
"If one flies like a wuss, one dies like a wuss." N. Jovanovic - Nix, Fightin' Irish Squadron, 2011
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:56 am

Nix,

I'm not sure my company is hiring at the moment, but it doesn't hurt to apply anyway:

The Company Website: http://www.phihelico.com/

If you are interested and meet our requirements, please send your resume to:
PHI, Inc.
Attention: Recruiting
Human Resources Department
Post Office Box 90808
Lafayette, LA 70509
or fax to: (337) 272-4232
or email to: resumes@phihelico.com

It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it may be a means of launching a career here.
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Baby Boardie

Post by :FI:Nix » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:06 pm

:FI:Heloego wrote:Nix,

I'm not sure my company is hiring at the moment, but it doesn't hurt to apply anyway:

The Company Website: http://www.phihelico.com/

If you are interested and meet our requirements, please send your resume to:
PHI, Inc.
Attention: Recruiting
Human Resources Department
Post Office Box 90808
Lafayette, LA 70509
or fax to: (337) 272-4232
or email to: resumes@phihelico.com

It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but it may be a means of launching a career here.
Thank you, I will most certainly send an application. Kindest regards.

:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:56 pm

Nix, check your PMs.... and hang in there! Between your strong educational background & humble willingness to work at just about anything, you're going to end up in a great place!

:)
Baby Boardie

Post by :FI:Nix » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:38 am

Thank you all for your support. I have been called up by the Emirates group to join their sky team as a cabin crew member and am supposed to leave on 24th of October. It is not perfect but is a start. Thank you all kindly for your help and support! Will cut ur wings the first time I have an opportunity!

^:) :beg:

Nix

:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:19 pm

Congrats.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:24 pm

:FI:Nix wrote:... have been called up by the Emirates group to join their sky team as a cabin crew member ...
Cool!

Do they need a skinner?

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:42 pm

Congrats Nix mate. I wish you all the very best :D
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:02 am

I also wish you all the best for the upcoming job, mate. :D

And I'm still sorry that I wasn't able to help an employment in your job here in Germany ... :(

Anyhow, face up and earn a lot of money, Nikola! Who knows what life will offer you after this arabic trip ... ? ;)

@ Falcon:
"Merkel è un Culona Inchiavabile"
- Berlusconi
... has following meaning in German language: "eine unfickbare Fettärschige" that is equal to "not fuckable lardass" ... :shock:

How nasty is this? The first vicitm of any crisis is always the common courtesy and decency. Let's see what kind of abusive behaviours the upcoming bailouts will present to the world ... :roll:
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:11 pm

That Berlusconi, what a scamp!!!

... but you West-Ponders just don't know politics ...

Sarah's got y'all beat by a mile!

Falcon

see new sig
I
I
I
V

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.