Hello

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
War-Bird
Beginner

Hello

Post by War-Bird » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:32 am

Hello, Id like to join the Fighting Irish. I live in (in my opinion) the crappiest state in America, Ohio. I love to build and fly airplanes and helicopters (RC). I would like to build full scale aircraft or fly full scale aircraft some day, and on that note, I love to play IL-2, and I do play some Battlefield 2. I am not exactly sure what is meant by wainscoting, unless if you mean wood paneling.
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: Hello

Post by :FI:Wardog » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:24 am

Hi War-bird

I'm sure the official Squadron meeter and greeter Falcon will be around to give you all the details of what we do when we do it and how we do it and such very shortly. but let me be the first to say welcome to the boards and hope to meet you in the sky soon.

We will be flying tonight if you fancy popping along and joining in. We usually fly at 19:30hrs GMT and do two or three COOPs depending on the hosts.

See ya soon

Kev

AKA wardog
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:06 pm

War-Bird,dont worry about being from a crappy state,We already have some members from there, Ahem "rambo and Ace444", Welcome to the boards
Wolf(crappy country owned by the Geraniums)Hound
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Welcome War-bird hope to see you in the skies
Wolf(crappy country owned by the Geraniums)Hound
just because you are from the midlands no need to bring us all down!
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Ooooooiiiiii [-X Kildare is not the midlands Mountainy boy! :D
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Rambo
Professional Boardie

Post by :FI:Rambo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Hi War-bird! welcome to the forums. Ohio is such an interesting place, who wouldn't want to live in a place where the weather can change in five minutes? :D
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:06 pm

Welcome, Ohio huh. It ain't so bad, but it is very boring to drive through, plus the different speed limits 65,70,65,55,70, pick a speed already. Where abouts in Ohio? I've got loads of family in Cincinnati and Dayton. You do have the best amusement park in the world in Cedar Point. Still trying to plan a trip when the kids are tall enough to ride.
War-Bird
Beginner

Post by War-Bird » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:05 pm

I usually get home around 3:30 P.M. EST, so 19:30 GMT would be fine for flying, but that all depends when I am building the shed out back... Just give me a time and a place and Ill see if I cant go.
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:07 am

Welcome, War-Bird!
Since Falcon's prolly out & about on his bike he may be a bit late with his welcome and Squad application.

Incidently, I've always heard Indiana is the crappiest state in the Union.
Indiana, where men are men, and so are the women. :)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:18 am

uhhh ...

hello.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:28 am

Never mind.

Falcon has entered the room. :)

Incidentally, "Squad Application" is not an ointment.
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:00 am

War-Bird wrote:Hello, Id like to join the Fighting Irish. I live in (in my opinion) the crappiest state in America, Ohio. I love to build and fly airplanes and helicopters (RC).
Maybe you can give Gadje some tips, he got a RC Heli for his b day and blew the blades off on first flight! :lol:

Think someone talked him into flying it 8)
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:17 pm

Yeh you and the ladies sitting well back like Emperor Caligula and his bints in the arena, waiting for the massacre with grins on!

Bastages!
War-Bird
Beginner

Post by War-Bird » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:09 am

:FI:Mikester wrote:
War-Bird wrote:Hello, Id like to join the Fighting Irish. I live in (in my opinion) the crappiest state in America, Ohio. I love to build and fly airplanes and helicopters (RC).
Maybe you can give Gadje some tips, he got a RC Heli for his b day and blew the blades off on first flight! :lol:

Think someone talked him into flying it 8)
lol. This guy in town, Larry, had the exact same thing happen to him. He was flying in the park with the variable pitch on, and the next thing we knew, he had a blade stuck in his windshield, and another stuck in a tree ten foot away. Later that day, his 3 or 4 foot long raptor lost power to the reciever, and began flying itself towards a tree, towering over his car. It came down really slow, took out 20 branches, and put a hole 4 inches in diameter in his windshield, and shattered the rest. He was close to setting it on fire and beating it with a crow bar. :lol:
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:22 am

:FI:Falcon wrote:uhhh ...

hello.

That was a recording.
:roll:
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!