I going to buy new PC - any advises? ...

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Alex
Professional Boardie

I going to buy new PC - any advises? ...

Post by :FI:Alex » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:31 am

Hi people,
I left in Russia my computer (deck) and I thinking to buy new one.
After lot visits, discovering the Canadian shops etc I think about this configuration:
ATX STD Black nops
AMD Phenon II X4 965 3.40G/3800/8M/AM3 NR GM
AM3 Asus M4A78T-E AMD 790GX PCIE
600W ATX CM Extreme power plus
Kinston KVR 1333Mhz DDR3 4gb KIT
ASUS PCIE RAD EAH5750 1024M HDMI BTE
ACL 23PRO Samsung 2343BWX 5ms NOIR 16:9 ZC
+ my 500GB HDD - $10 (for install ;) ).
Summary - $1,323.28
I'll buy it here:
Microbit

I think I be out of the progress :( And I think it is some expensive for me. But I need PC for long time without uprgrade...
Also I not sure about Windows 7, especially x64
Does Win 7 normally work with Il-2 and ARMA?

Also please advise me a normal headphones with mic (close).

Unfortunately I haven't any friends here who are experts in comps for consultation. Any suggestion about that configurations?
Image Skype: alexander.deyneko
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Re: I going to buy new PC - any advises? ...

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:34 am

Had the M4A79XTD mobo on my proposed spec, though it doesnt have onboard graphics. The onboard wll probably handle Il2 , but a PCI ex card would do better.

That plan was only shelved , as I got an offer I couldnt refuse on a M4N78 SE based system with 3.2 phenom , 8800 gpu, dual boot win7 and XP with discs. board layout is unfortunate on that model because the GPU covers 2 of the 4 SATA sockets (board layout on your choice and the M4a79 is better) , but I'll have about 2 tb networked storage via lan so not a real problem.

Only issue I've found so far with Win7 is TIR2 doesnt have drivers for W7 or Vista 64 bit.Same goes for other older hardware - Creative SB etc.
Waiting to install extra HD before IL2 goes on it, but graphics are up from 60 fps max to 136fps from my old rig on other titles. Enough people out there running IL2 on W7/vista, and plenty of guides, so it ought not present any problems.The main one I hear is to turn off UAC (which was already disabled on this rig). You can choose XP compatability in W7 so most stuff should run .

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:21 am

Alex,

How ya doing you old Canuk?!

Are you building a new computer from the beginning? When I sober up, or someone else can help you build a good computer with an Intel Core i7 920 CPU. It should run you ~$1300 or maybe a wee bit more.

No problems with Vista and IL2.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Professional Boardie

Post by :FI:Alex » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:21 pm

Thank you for answer,
:FI:Sneaky_Russian wrote: The onboard wll probably handle Il2 , but a PCI ex card would do better.
I used before graphic card GeForce and I have not experience in Radeon, but in the comp shop people said that video which I wrote in my config (ASUS PCIE RAD EAH5750 1024M HDMI BTE) is very good. Do you know the video? Can it works with ARMA2 with maximum etc?
:FI:Sneaky_Russian wrote:That plan was only shelved , as I got an offer I couldnt refuse on a M4N78 SE
One of my aquentance said that MB with SE (I haven't a glue what it means) is not good. Is AM3 Asus M4A78T-E AMD 790GX PCIE same?
:FI:Falcon wrote:When I sober up, or someone else can help you build a good computer with an Intel Core i7 920 CPU
:? Is there any advantages compare with AMD?
:FI:Falcon wrote:It should run you ~$1300 or maybe a wee bit more.
Hmm I not sure I tried to build with Intel it was $1700 with monitor 19".
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:07 pm

Alex,

Intel now has the best high-end chip

and ATI (Radeon) has the best graphics (video) card.

Yes, a computer with the Core i7 chip and X58 or X55 motherboard as its base will be a bit more expensive.

So, before we go any farther, how much money, not counting the monitor, do we have?

A dream system will cost over 2500 US dollars,

a mid-range system is around $1300.

- $175 -- nice case with ~700W PSU (power unit)
- $270 -- Core i7-920 CPU
- $234 -- Asus PT6 motherboard
- $160 -- 6GB Corsair or OCZ DDR3-1333 memory
- $30 --- optical drive
- $55 --- WesternDigital (WD) 500GB hard drive (HD)
- $400 -- Radeon HD5870 video card/graphics card/GPU

This system will run anything on the market now, maybe not all at uber settings, but close to it.

Does any of this help?

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:45 pm

I haven't had time to really study your system from Microbit, but it looks okay at first glance. I suggest an Intel i7 build because of the over clocking ability, the low energy use and just how darned fast it is.

Make sure a 600 watt PSU is enough. If you ever buy a second video card, you may need more power.

The 5850 and 5870 video cards are better than the 5750. Check reviews to see if one 5750 will run the games you will buy at good frame rates.

Got to take the kids to the zoo ...

or was that meet the relatives at the zoo.

later,

F

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:50 pm

Compare spec here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813131402

no onboard graphics on the M4A79XTD EVO, so if you're fitting a PCI GPU probably a plus.

On that note probably best to look for a direct X11 capable one , and I beleive ATI are ahead of the game there at the moment.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Professional Boardie

Post by :FI:Alex » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:15 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote: The 5850 and 5870 video cards are better than the 5750. Check reviews to see if one 5750 will run the games you will buy at good frame rates.
Yes as reports say it much better:
But 5870 much more expensive than5570, at least $100 vs $465!
:FI:Falcon wrote:A dream system will cost over 2500 US dollars,
Yep it is real dream :) My wife will kick me out from home If try to spend such money for comp at once :shock: And my children and I need also other toys like mountain bikes ;)
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:38 am

After all the trouble some folks have had running OpenGL on ATI cards, wouldn't the NVidia chipset be a better choice overall, even if a bit slower?
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:58 am

:FI:Heloego wrote:After all the trouble some folks have had running OpenGL on ATI cards, wouldn't the NVidia chipset be a better choice overall, even if a bit slower?
True ATI won't do "Water = 4", but most (all?) of the issues have been down to driver updates. SoW is supposed to be supporting Direct X11.

Nvidia cards with Dx11 have only just come on the market ;hence they will be more expensive for a while.
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2 ... 767,00.asp

:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:58 pm

Sow? It's DirectX 9 programmed they said on the 1C forums.
Image ImageImage
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:12 pm

OK, that answers the concern about ATI issues.

Generally speaking, unless you absolutely have to run some of the latest eye candy (example: RoF or even more intense graphics) you can get by with some of the less expensive cards.
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:01 pm

Nvidia are meant to be launching new cards around the 4th of April. Maybe wait until then?
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:16 pm

... and ATI developing drivers for Open GL 3.3/4.0

see topic http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/view ... hlight=ati

Professional Boardie

Post by :FI:Alex » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:22 pm

:FI:Sneaky_Russian wrote:... and ATI developing drivers for Open GL 3.3/4.0
[/url]
Thank you for this message ... you set my mind at rest :) I thought that something wrong in my config... :o