It totaly confused my daugther

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Alex
Professional Boardie

It totaly confused my daugther

Post by :FI:Alex » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi All,
My children and I were in the Museum of Artillery, Engeneer and Signal Corps in Saint-Petersburg (Dec 2009) http://www.artillery-museum.ru/en/.
It totaly confused my daugther :? ...
I coudn't answer her questions "why a little dog wear it".
Who can give my dauther the answer? :doubt:
Image Skype: alexander.deyneko
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: It totaly confused my daugther

Post by :FI:Wardog » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Easy Alex. Dogs were used to get messages from artillery OP's to the gun lines (trained to find certain people) they were as shown given gas masks incase they were working in an area which had been gassed.

Wardog ^:) :beer: :beer:
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:24 pm

you can find other animals with gas mask here alex
http://www.vlib.us/medical/gaswar/gasmasks.htm
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:39 am

They used hippos

for the really big artillery.

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Professional Boardie

Post by :FI:Alex » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:31 am

:FI:Falcon wrote:They used hippos
for the really big artillery.
:D
Thank you very much Stu! You safe me because I started think that I have pathologic sense of humor 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ even I thought to find a neurosurgeon to "change my mind"...

Also it that museum she had (she was 5) opinion that this cannon for adults

but this cannonfor children (because it small)

Without joks...
My wife and I had well trained a german shepperd (we have grown and trained it ourself... it takes part in special tests, competition etc) and my old uncle was a kinologist during WW2 and trained dogs for army/police etc. So I have a very little experience - I think - dog in gas mask it nothing especially without its owner man (or kinologist).
Last edited by :FI:Alex on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:15 am

That's a very cute little girl you have there, Alex. I have 2 nieces who are near her age. (They are both 7 now... I'm guessing your daughter is between 5 and 7 years old. Is that correct?) Kids are a lot of fun at that age, well most of the time at least.

I had a chance to take a cruise in the Baltic with some family members about 3 or 4 years ago, which included a couple of days in St Petersberg, but chose not to go. Your photos make me regret my decision - that museum looks outstanding! If you have more of them, I'll bet the rest of the guys would enjoy seeing them. I know I would.

Cheers!
Blue2
Professional Boardie

Post by :FI:Alex » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:58 pm

:FI:Blue2 wrote: I'm guessing your daughter is between 5 and 7 years old. Is that correct?) .... Your photos make me regret my decision - that museum looks outstanding!
Yes, exactly - she is 6 yo. I doubt about your regret... Frankly speaking that museum is favorit of my son (he is 11yo and we moved from SPb 2 years ago) and that morning my wife said me that she is very tired (she arrived in SPb with high-heels' boots ;) ). So I asked my kids where we will go? My son had idea about this museum... But for my daughter that museum wasn't really interested. Acutally she become tired in 1 hour and become caprisious :)
So even very kind lady (from museom staff) didn't make my daugther happy by allowed her to rest in a gorillas'camp (you know usually you even can't touch it...)

Both my children really enjoyed in chidlren theatre and in circus.
Face-painting before a show in Mimigrants theatre..
Circus - Orangutangs
Circus - Lions