Just saying hello.

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
jacobdb
Beginner

Just saying hello.

Post by jacobdb » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:04 pm

well hey all.

i'm jacobdb and i like to join your sqaudron. im playing il2 (1946) for not a so long time by now.
already filled in the join section. BUT i have some issues. tested online again. (had no internet for a time)
ISSUES:
my online game doesn't work. it say's i have a timeout. when i try to join a game via hyperlobby.
don't have team speak.

i also have some questions.
where can i see the flight session's rosters with the exact GMT time?
are there any limits of aircraft you can fly. (like no axis aircraft. or no jet planes)?
where are the flight rules. have browsed your great website and can't find anything

p.s i am NOT a very good english writer. (talking go's a lot better)

greets jacobdb
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: Just saying hello.

Post by :FI:Scott » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi,

Flying is usually Sundays (7.30 BST) and Wednesdays around the same time. You will often see :FI: or =FI= tags on Hyperlobby at other times and Im sure they'd be happy for you to join them in a server.

Check your Firewall on joining an online Server- make sure Hyperlobby is in your list of exceptions. Also make sure you are running the same version of the game on your PC as the server.

We have a wide range of aircraft in FI coops both red and blue side. You need to get yourself over to the www.allaircraftarcade.com site- download and install the unified instaler v1.1. You should also get yourself teamspeak installed too. Keep an eye on the boards for extra aircraft we are using (at the moment we are using the new Spitfire Mk14).

Enjoy the boards and good luck !
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:39 pm

OK Jacob, welcome.

Lots of questions there, so let's take them in order:

Unable to connect via Hyperlobby - timeout message? Could be a number of things. So you have your PC behind a firewall or router? If yes then you need to have set up port forwarding to that you can connect to the game. You will need to do this either in your router or firewall software. You also need to make sure you have an up to date copy of the latest patch which is 4.08 to join servers on HL. Many also now use a modded version of the game - which is game version 4.09m1b. You can find the modded version here http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/inde ... eeb3a466df

You can fly without TS, particularly on HL - but if you want to fly with this squadron you really need to get on TS so we can get to know you. If you download the client software we can then provide you with the server details.

We fly coops as a squad on Wednesday and Sunday at 7.30pm UK time (which at the moment is 6.30pm GMT). Aircraft are set by the mission builder - this Sunday I believe we are flying Spitfires and Tempests, last Sunday it was B25's and F4U's. We don't have any specific plane set that we fly, although if the mission builder is writing a campaign we normally stick with the same type for the duration of that campaign.

We don't really have any rules - which is one of the things that sets this squadron apart from some of the other out there. Only to have fun, be polite to each other and love sheep.

Your English is fine - it is the language we use but we have members from about a dozen countries at the moment so if we cannot get a point over to you in English then if you share a language with one of our other members then you can always switch to that.

You might like to expand your intro post a bit - who you are, where you live etc. You don't have to of course, there aren't any rules on it :D

EDIT - looks like SCOTT and I were typing similar messages at the same time - oh well, we said mostly the same stuff :lol:
Olegs stalker

jacobdb
Beginner

Post by jacobdb » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:38 pm

well. i have lynksis router. i also readed something about port 2100. something of opening it. didn't really understand it.
any tips of helping me with it.

alright. about my RL

well. i live in the south of the netherlands. (you know that small cheesehead country next to germany.)
i'm 15 by now. i love flight sims. my first one was proberly microsoft combat simulator. the first.
also. i finnaly learned how to use seperate engine start! (youhoe)

still got one question. do you guys know any tips (and well you can't call them that) turtorials? any links or thread here?
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:37 pm

jacobdb wrote:well. i have lynksis router. i also readed something about port 2100. something of opening it. didn't really understand it.
any tips of helping me with it.

still got one question. do you guys know any tips (and well you can't call them that) turtorials? any links or thread here?
You will need to set up your router to allow IL2 to connect to a server - it's called "port forwarding" as per my earlier post. The port for IL2 is 21000 (three zeros). If you have the manual for your router you should be able to set it up fairly easily (sorry my router is Netgear, never had Linksys :( )

The FI flight school forum should give you plenty of hints and tips, but the best way to learn is practice :D
Olegs stalker

:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:24 am

Welcome, jacobdb!

Looks like the boys have already filled you in on a few necessities. :)

Welcome to the boards and enjoy!
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x