Norwegian Fjord Map?

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Skipper
Forum Junky

Norwegian Fjord Map?

Post by Skipper » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:58 pm

I have a question for you guys.....is there anywhere I can get hold of a map for IL2 that has mountains....like a Norwegian Fjord....like on the film "633 Squadron".I would like to upload it to the full mission builder.

Thanks in advance

Skip
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:18 pm

IL2 maps are hard-coded into the game and can only be added by Oleg Maddox. they can only be made by someone with the proper, VERY expensive software and from what i've been told, are a bitch to make. there are a few third-party guys making maps, (Ian Boys, for instance) but then he's one of Oleg's friends, and another guy... and they have to turn their maps over to Oleg for inclusion into the game... and supposedly, 'that' is a BIG project and hard to do properly.

other third party maps are not available and more than likely WILL NOT be, as Oleg intends to retain control of IL2 forever. sorry, but to make your mission, you'll just have to scout around inside the available maps and try and find a place that is somewhat 'similiar' to what you're looking for... then make an approximation of the mission you intend. in won't be completely historical of course, but that is the tradeoff we mission makers make in trying to do fun/interesting missions for the game.

salute!

Beo
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:02 pm

Ok thanks for your help Beowolf.Its a shame as I wouldn't actually be posting the mission on the internet as lets just say , I'm not overly talented in mission building :D !It would of just een for my own personnal use.

Thanks for your help all the same

^:)

Skip
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:33 pm

As Beo said.

If you look at the Crimean map, North of Yalta ... that has a few mountainous areas with quite a few high peaks and valleys. Though not of the steep sided fjiord variety. Still a challenge to get a highly laden bomber through it though. Like wise one of the offline "island" maps as a series of very deep valleys/canyons. Though probably not much good for a coop as the map is relatively small.

G
I fear no beer

Baderslegs
Postmaster

Post by Baderslegs » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:52 pm

If you can be paitient I'm sure I read somewhere that the new patch will have a Norwegian map.

It'll be here in two weeks I'm sure.

^:|
Originality and strangeness are good,
blind conformity and stupidity are unforgivable.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

:FI:Baderslegs
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:00 am

:FI:Baderslegs wrote:If you can be paitient I'm sure I read somewhere that the new patch will have a Norwegian map.

It'll be here in two weeks I'm sure.

^:|

that was an aprils joke :(
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
Baderslegs
Postmaster

Post by Baderslegs » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:14 pm

#-o
Originality and strangeness are good,
blind conformity and stupidity are unforgivable.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

:FI:Baderslegs